MPQ Sneak Peek: June 2017 Edition *Updated (6/28/17)

Options

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The dev name for Combined Arms is 'Diversity' while the dev name for Balance of Power is 'Equality' per the devs on Discord. 

Feels like we're two-thirds of a way to a good motto. "Diversity. Equality. Unity."
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    jojeda654 said:
    The dev name for Combined Arms is 'Diversity' while the dev name for Balance of Power is 'Equality' per the devs on Discord. 

Feels like we're two-thirds of a way to a good motto. "Diversity. Equality. Unity."  

Unity PVP: Balance of Points. Choose 1 of three players to team up with in wave versus wave PVP! You'll share the points from a win with your chosen partner!

You'd have the three missions to choose from as normal, but instead of fighting the one you select, you instead get to use their defense team as is as against the 2 missions you didn't choose. You even decide whether to use their team first or yours in a 2 wave versus 2 wave  style of combat.
    EDIT: Not sure why the quote box didn't go around jo's quote. And I have no idea how to fix it.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    jojeda654 said:

Unity PVP: Balance of Points. Choose 1 of three players to team up with in wave versus wave PVP! You'll share the points from a win with your chosen partner!

You'd have the three missions to choose from as normal, but instead of fighting the one you select, you instead get to use their defense team as is as against the 2 missions you didn't choose. You even decide whether to use their team first or yours in a 2 wave versus 2 wave  style of combat.
    Unity PvP: No individual rewards, all individual rewards contribute to a slice wide average and every player get's points based on that average.  No placement, progression only.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    broll said:
    zodiac339 said:
    jojeda654 said:

Unity PvP: No individual rewards, all individual rewards contribute to a slice wide average and every player get's points based on that average.  No placement, progression only.
    A Boss-like event for the community instead of the alliance with no individual progress? If they thought about it, this would push players to use their weakest teams instead of their strongest, because more people winning attacks means more points, and never, never shield. And if nobody were to shield, Demiurge wouldn't run it. Well, maybe once. That could be a crazy experience. "Wait a sec! [insert know player with strong Epic roster here] is using Bagman, Captain America(2*), and Bullseye? Moar wins for moar points!"
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne said:
    While the player name for Combined Arms is "Yes!" and the player name for Balance of Power is "Nooooooooo!"
    You win. We can close the internet and go home now :)
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What happened to Heroic events?  Seems like forever since we had one.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pants1000 said:
    SHHHHH-

Oh wait. They're not nearly so bad these days. Still. The less I see of Rags and Juggs, the better.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pants1000 said:
    SHHHHH-

Oh wait. They're not nearly so bad these days. Still. The less I see of Rags and Juggs, the better.
    I'll play any heroic over the two day torture that is Florida.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(6/26/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is enemy of the state a weeklong?

horrible 4* buff list dont have any well leveled but i have medusa. Champed 279 so should be good for pve at least 
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Enemy of the State. Those 7-day Progression rewards. Right before a boss weekend. I guess it offsets the resource loss. Medusa versus ninjas. Gleee. First buff week where I have all 5. I wonder if an AV/Rider team is viable? For dual boosted AOE.

Well, my 3/4/5 Cloak and Dagger should be looking at Champion status within the month I guess. And a couple champ levels if I can push a top 10. Oh wait! If it's followed by the Homecoming Boss event, then C&D may not be progress in any way. Dang it!
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    A seven day event (with two Medusa covers as progression rewards) leading right into the Boss event for Spider-Man. That's actually pretty cool, now I can finish my Medusa and get her first champ level at the same time.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Enemy of the State. Those 7-day Progression rewards. Right before a boss weekend. I guess it offsets the resource loss. Medusa versus ninjas. Gleee. First buff week where I have all 5. I wonder if an AV/Rider team is viable? For dual boosted AOE.

Well, my 3/4/5 Cloak and Dagger should be looking at Champion status within the month I guess. And a couple champ levels if I can push a top 10. Oh wait! If it's followed by the Homecoming Boss event, then C&D may not be progress in any way. Dang it!
    Deadpool+Fist would be the best option for full rainbow for IM40 pvp. I don't see the synergy for AV/GH. I'll be running AV+IF cause my Deapool is 274 and AV 305....
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I love Enemy of the State, and the boosted list looks pretty good for me.

I will be sad if C&D's progression reward is skipped, though - I just need a yellow or a purple to finish them off. Ah well, one will come along eventually.

I kind of hate Nefarious Foes. I mean, it's not BoP bad, but just... blech.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    jgomes32 said:
    zodiac339 said:

Deadpool+Fist would be the best option for full rainbow for IM40 pvp. I don't see the synergy for AV/GH. I'll be running AV+IF cause my Deapool is 274 and AV 305....
    Hmm, XPool, Hobo, AV. Active red, purple, blue, green, black, and yellow. Hobo green to feed AV black spam, and even Alien Weakness has merit with the likelihood it will destroy C4W tiles. Misses out on a second Strike generator to give Hobo something to kick start Chi Focus. Not perfect, but it might work.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any chance we could get a scaling test for Enemy of the State? 
  • Mr_Aziz
    Mr_Aziz Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    fmftint said:
    oh yeah let's make the slog of a 7 day event even worse with another botchamania. that won't be tedious and frustrating at all!
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mr_Aziz said:
    fmftint said:
    oh yeah let's make the slog of a 7 day event even worse with another botchamania. that won't be tedious and frustrating at all!
    Please no! If they test I won't be able to do SCL8 and get all the goodies :(