Upcoming New Feature: Booster Crafting (5/25/17)

12346»

Comments

• Captsquee
    Captsquee Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    The enthusiasm behind crafting has lost almost lost all momentum. Runes runes runes, those things that NEW players are in such desperate need for. I'd kill to hit the reset button on story mode. The reasoning behind everything seems backwards to me. 15 crystals and 2k runes for hitting the daily koth/nahiri fighting pit is so exploited it hurts. Might as well call it totp you're fighting red decks. The system is overhyped already. We are going to get screwed somehow some way. It is one more way to suck currency out of the game. No offense meant but I don't care 3 of your 16 pws aren't,max level and youre sporting more mythics than I am rares. Then the new players wish they had crystals and jewels for a chance at a much needed decent card or a dual PW. Not a problem a vet really has. Outside the core 5 I have 3 pws g3 is a mixed bag Nissa 2 sucks unless you energize and ob is a solid mono. I'd trade my runes in a heart beat for crystal. 500k + sell 1000 runes for 1 crystal all day. Even with a **** conversion rate it would be a step in the right direction. Interchangeable currency would solve some problems and would not stop revenue for d3. I'm familiar with buyer beware aspects. At least in paper you could do positive things with unwanted cards. I've got 5 new perspectives no Drake haven. Then others vice versa. I can turn those cards into runes for my hoard of 8 max level pws all with the 45000 rune deck slot just because I can. New players have more ways to get runes. If they didn't they wouldn't make it out of story mode. You can't do it . Crystal is the currency of the  realm that transcends player problems at any level. You can turn them into runes by getting Boosters or you can spend around 1200 to get a guaranteed mythic. Runes don't convert. Everything else does. You don't obtain a stable of pws with runes. You didn't get those mythics because your runes got you those lucky Booster pulls or gave you that awesome rare. They are xp not a way to excel in the game as a whole. The crafting is just going to be the final step of a huge system to cyphon off currency for a chance at some thing. Elite pack re-rolls are temporary, notice all the newe ways to spend crystal on packs. Introduce dupe crafting, good bye rune hoards. Further explanation will require a 64 pack of crayons,  construction paper, safety scissors, and non toxic glue so some don't commit unintentional suicide because it just tastes so good. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. There's no new, communicable information right this moment, but we hope to be able to provide an update later this week.

@Sorin81

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. There's no new, communicable information right this moment, but we hope to be able to provide an update later this week.

Thanks for letting us now this isn't dead yet -
    since you obviously talk with the devs about this topic during the week, it would be very appreciated if you bring the problem with the dupes out of elite packs to their minds (again). My thoughts on this are: can one dupe Masterpiece get broken down to tokens to buy a new Masterpiece? IMO this would be the only fair solution for this concern. 
    More interesting, because this will hapen way more often: What about dupe Mythics from Elite Packs? I don't expect an answer yet, but this is something that would calm (or boost) this strangely-emotional discussion about fictional scenarios.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for letting us now this isn't dead yet -
    since you obviously talk with the devs about this topic during the week, it would be very appreciated if you bring the problem with the dupes out of elite packs to their minds (again). My thoughts on this are: can one dupe Masterpiece get broken down to tokens to buy a new Masterpiece? IMO this would be the only fair solution for this concern. 
    More interesting, because this will hapen way more often: What about dupe Mythics from Elite Packs? I don't expect an answer yet, but this is something that would calm (or boost) this strangely-emotional discussion about fictional scenarios.
    He's already mentioned this. There are a few points about it, so I'll explain what he's said to me in previous posts.

First, the development team has no intention of making Elite Pack pulls guarantee a unique card. I think that's complete garbage, and quite shortsighted, but what do I know. I'm just a dumb player.

Second, he has also mentioned that once the booster crafting system gets here, there will no longer be an opportunity to reroll on a duplicate mythic that came from an Elite Pack.

So in summary, buy your Elite Packs now, while you still have the opportunity to reroll for something unique. The window for that chance is quickly closing.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Matthew said:

Second, he has also mentioned that once the booster crafting system gets here, there will no longer be an opportunity to reroll on a duplicate mythic that came from an Elite Pack.

Was there anything about duplicate Masterpieces after the crafting system is in place? I don't remember if it was said that duplicate Masterpieces would be treated with replacement packs or not after the new system.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Matthew said:

Was there anything about duplicate Masterpieces after the crafting system is in place? I don't remember if it was said that duplicate Masterpieces would be treated with replacement packs or not after the new system.
    I'm pretty sure that was also going to cease.

@Brigby, can you elaborate please?
  • Mickleberry
    Mickleberry Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    @Captsquee

Totally agree that the new players really want and need those runes. The current environment with Training Grounds means that converting dupes is really the only sure-fire way for a someone new to the game to get runes on a regular basis.

@Brigby

What about giving players a choice between runes and booster tokens whenever they click "Convert Duplicates?" Pop-up a screen where it shows how many runes versus how many tokens you'd get for choosing that conversion. That way, newer players can get their desperately needed runes, and older players can get their desperately wanted booster tokens.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    @matthew thanks for your post - I've read what you summarized, and also the rest of the discussion before I posted, but I don't think that those posts or yours answered what I was heading for - or I wouldn't have posted it. My intention was to bring this up again (and if necessary, again and again) without any judgement in advance. My question was more about the value of dupes from elite packs,not about the replacement policy (that will vanish, so much is clear).