Upcoming New Feature: Booster Crafting (5/25/17)

Options

Comments

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby how would the new auto convert system
    affect those claiming for re-rolls on dupe elite packs?

HH
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    hawkyh1 said:
    @Brigby how would the new auto convert system
    affect those claiming for re-rolls on dupe elite packs?

HH
    Presumably that should end.  It really should.  I'm aware some are currently abusing that generosity, ignoring the "one-time" reroll that was intended to reroll repeatedly until a new card is given.

But once a dupe system is in place, it really should end entirely.
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think @Brigby is on record as saying the current dupe replacement policy for elite pack pulls is temporary until the new system comes out.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @hawkyh1 @James13 @Phase
    That's correct. Once Booster Crafting is implemented, any new requests for Elite Pack re-rolls will no longer be accepted.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Once Booster Crafting is implemented, any new requests for Elite Pack re-rolls will no longer be accepted.

Which is great if it's a 1:1 crafting conversion, but we all know it won't be, so people are better off buying elite packs now and getting re-rolls.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phase said:
    I think @Brigby is on record as saying the current dupe replacement policy for elite pack pulls is temporary until the new system comes out.
    Realistically, given the scarcity of the resources required to even buy one of those things, they should give you a guaranteed new mythic. I'd even go so far as to say that if you have all of the mythics, you should automatically pull a masterpiece, since the odds of someone getting an entire Elite pack's contents sans Masterpieces is incredibly slim at that point. D3 have made every effort to slow the flow of mythic cards to a trickle. There are few enough of the jewels in circulation already that even top coalition players have a limited number of shots at getting one, so complaints about "the rich getting richer" don't really hold much water anymore.

@Brigby

Is there any way you can bring this up to the development team? I mean, throw us a freakin' bone here. They have forced austerity upon us, and it's definitely slowed down how many people get mythic cards. The least they can do is take away the ungodly sting of getting a duplicate of a card you had to work nearly two months to obtain.

Also, regarding this, please don't bring up the dupe crafting system. You can present it with as much rosiness as you want, but I have been burnt too many times in recent months by overlooking loopholes in the wording of D3 posts about new and exciting things to come to take anything at face value anymore. I know this will be just one more drain down which we will have to flush our hard-earned stockpiles of currency. In fact, I will be absolutely shocked if there is not some degree of randomness that will still dole out dupilcates, thereby depleting our resources even further and forcing us to reroll yet again.

I apologize for the negativity throughout this post, but you can't blame me. The fact that I have reached a point where my cynicism clouds everything about this game is directly attributable to D3's aggressively and increasingly piratical anti-consumerism. Also, to be clear, I'm not blaming you for anything Brigby, I know you're just their PR guy. You've got a job as bad as Sean Spicer's, and I don't envy you for it.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Very disappointing. Very sad. Very depressing.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby: Please announce WHEN the dupe crafting system will come into place (if it ever will). I would like to have the choice of converting to runes OR tokens. Even better... if the crafting system is into place I still want to have the choice of converting to runes or tokens. I also like the other suggestion placed in this thread: commons and uncommons to runes, rares to crystals and mythics to unobtainium.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any news on the topic @Brigby? We're past halfways June and some news on this highly anticipated feature would be AMAZING!
    Thanks for all the hard work from your part :smile:
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @Tilwin90
    Apologies, but I'm afraid I don't have any new updates regarding Booster Crafting at the moment. Once I receive any information I can communicate, I'll be sure to pass that along to all of you. 
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't understand the problem. Sure the packs you craft will likely be full of dupes, but the more packs you open, the higher your chances of getting non dupes. Sometimes it feels like people want to be mad at these dudes. A few months ago, we didn't even have the prospect of a dupe system. Can't we just wait and see it before we call it tinykitty? 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Just remember everything they announce sounds wonderful up front, but it never is wonderful when it actually arrives

[passes the popcorn]
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't understand the problem. Sure the packs you craft will likely be full of dupes, but the more packs you open, the higher your chances of getting non dupes. Sometimes it feels like people want to be mad at these dudes. A few months ago, we didn't even have the prospect of a dupe system. Can't we just wait and see it before we call it tinykitty? 

To be honest, I'm not sure I understand your confusion.

It'd be easier to wait if they'd answer the questions posed, such as "will there be a chance for duplicates in this system?" Certainly, it's understandable that there are still aspects of the system they're working on. However, whether or not there are duplicates should be a fundamental part of the system design that doesn't mandate weeks of secrecy, and would actively build excitement. It would not only keep people invested in the game, but might inspire people to invest more financially because they know that in the future, those worthless cards they acquire will actually possess some value.

Regardless, considering the vehement dislike of duplicates expressed by numerous players across multiple levels of experience, I think it's safe to say that what many people want in their collectible card game is a guaranteed way to obtain specific, targeted cards.

Therefore, if that is not possible, then yes, the system will be considered tinykitty, because it isn't what people want. They don't want more lottery packs. They want the cards they want, period.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Options
    When are they implementing this?

I'm waiting to give MtG:PQ another chance (again). I really hope this helps reduce the soul-destroying grind and daily bitter disappointments.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Guys, if the system was going to be good and let us target individual cards or at least preclude us from getting more duplicates than the announcements would be fast and furious.  On the other hand, if its just a way of crafting dupes into more boosters (at an awful exchange rate) then they would hide behind secrecy.  Do you guys really expect this to be anything other than a few more packs to open with similar results?

• boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby

1) I appreciate that D3 is taking steps to be more transparent with plans.  Much obliged for the effort.

2) I've just been thinking on this today, and it seems very strange to me that going forward (after crafting is released) that I will not get a "standard" token in exchange for a standard card duplicate.  I completely understand the reasoning behind doing this at the moment of release... to make things fair as possible for the community.  I think it's a fine plan.  However, in the scenario where I BUY an origins pack after the release because I want to get new "standard" cards... it makes very little sense that I can't convert those duplicates to "standard" tokens, and it's kind of a slap in the face really.  The end result is that I'm never going to buy origins again... just the current set.  That's a little boring too.

Just providing feedback in hopes the developers can see the faulty logic.

Thanks for proactively engaging your player community.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madwren said:

To be honest, I'm not sure I understand your confusion.

It'd be easier to wait if they'd answer the questions posed, such as "will there be a chance for duplicates in this system?" Certainly, it's understandable that there are still aspects of the system they're working on. However, whether or not there are duplicates should be a fundamental part of the system design that doesn't mandate weeks of secrecy, and would actively build excitement. It would not only keep people invested in the game, but might inspire people to invest more financially because they know that in the future, those worthless cards they acquire will actually possess some value.

Regardless, considering the vehement dislike of duplicates expressed by numerous players across multiple levels of experience, I think it's safe to say that what many people want in their collectible card game is a guaranteed way to obtain specific, targeted cards.

Therefore, if that is not possible, then yes, the system will be considered tinykitty, because it isn't what people want. They don't want more lottery packs. They want the cards they want, period.

You perfectly understand. It's not confusion, it's annoyance. We're already complaining about something we haven't seen yet. It could suck, but it doesn't even exist yet. Dupes are very annoying, but they're also part of the game. This will allow us to get more cards. Seems fine to me. At least until we see it. Regardless everyone is going to get all worked up about it. I'm just waiting until I see it to say it sucks. 
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    New crafting system supposedly coming this month according to Brigby. We are 20 days into the month, two thirds of the month has gone, and no system yet.

Is there a date set for when this is coming? 

@Brigby, could you give us an update on when this is happening? 
  • Infested
    Infested Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    It was said that it will be late part of june. I would guess next week
  • Waschecht
    Waschecht Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Let's keep our fingers crossed