***** Doctor Octopus (Classic) *****

Comments

• Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Could this character be Arcade?  The green power could be murderworld.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Historically, haven't character previews included rarity?
    @Cthulhu
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    @Cthulhu

It's the first 6*, thats why they are being secretive
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    @Cthulhu

It's the first 6*, thats why they are being secretive
    Well if that's the case, then this is clearly either Wolverine, Iron-Man, or Spider-Man. Or Hawkeye.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Anon said:
    Trying not to get my hopes up, but could this be Rogue?
    No.  I dont know who it is.  But i am pretty certain that whenever marvels ends the mpq x-men embargo, it will not be for for a b-tier character like rogue.  (Not being mean, rogue is a fine character.  But she is definitely a second tier x-men character)
    What X-Men not already in the game is any less "second tier"? I'd say that if we were to add missing X-Men to the game in order of popularity/relevance, Rogue would be pretty much tied for first with Gambit and maybe Emma Frost or Kitty.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Anon said:
    Trying not to get my hopes up, but could this be Rogue?
    No.  I dont know who it is.  But i am pretty certain that whenever marvels ends the mpq x-men embargo, it will not be for for a b-tier character like rogue.  (Not being mean, rogue is a fine character.  But she is definitely a second tier x-men character)
    What X-Men not already in the game is any less "second tier"? I'd say that if we were to add missing X-Men to the game in order of popularity/relevance, Rogue would be pretty much tied for first with Gambit and maybe Emma Frost or Kitty.
    Nightcrawler ;)
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Whoa, that's crazy. Is Arcade getting a Netflix series or is he going to be in a movie?
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

Definitely feeling more and more like this, against all odds, might actually be Arcade.

The Devs have occasionally been able to add characters of their own choosing - when there's enough of a gap in the Marvel sanctioned release schedule.

Arcade may be most famous as a villain to the X-Men, but he's not actually a mutant himself (iirc), so that might have been a nice little loophole for demiurge to buy the license.

• JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Pylgrim said:

Ummm, Angel?

Edit: Not that he's who I want most, but, he is an original X-Man, no?

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kind of off-topic, but is there a place to see all the old preview-hints?  I know waves piling on was Iron Fist and most of us assumed a water character.  I'm blanking on the rest. 
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Kind of off-topic, but is there a place to see all the old preview-hints?  I know waves piling on was Iron Fist and most of us assumed a water character.  I'm blanking on the rest. 
    "Waves piling on" anagrammed to "Living Weapons" = Iron Fist. "Stop me if you've heard this one" anagrams to "I hypertensive seafood mouth." So clearly, this is going to be 5* Submariner (or maybe it's 5* Deadpool = "the merc with a mouth')
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    astrp3 said:
    "Waves piling on" anagrammed to "Living Weapons" = Iron Fist. "Stop me if you've heard this one" anagrams to "I hypertensive seafood mouth." So clearly, this is going to be 5* Submariner (or maybe it's 5* Deadpool = "the merc with a mouth')

5* NAMOR CONFIRMED!
  • csista
    csista Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I'm thinking Spider-Man. "Stop me if you've heard this one" has a wise cracking feel to it. A new movie is coming soon. A stun power. The last description sounds like a web tile effect. And while there are plenty of 4 star Spider characters, there's no 4 star Peter Parker so there's a gap to fill. 
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Daredevil?
  • BB_Karo
    BB_Karo Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Arix90 said:
    Daredevil?
    Yes! Best guess I've seen yet. Clue makes sense, as does the pattern of support/hype for the Defenders.
  • ckempo
    ckempo Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Gotta be honest, I immediately thought of a new Juggernaut when I saw this hint. That's an obvious "stop me" reference, and we have heard it before (i.e. he already exists in his 1* variant).

What makes me think otherwise is that the hint excludes "before" from the quote. "Heard this one" could be a sonics hint, Songbird maybe? 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Official, Doc Ock classic
  • HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Now that Doc Ock is confirmed, can someone explain to me how the clue fits Doc Ock?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    Who's the Spider-Man that's secretly Doc Ock? Superior? That's my guess.
    Well, I was half right.

As for how the clue relates, I've been told it's one of the lines used by the Alfred Molina incarnation in the 2nd Tobey Maguire movie, though I haven't bothered to find it.
  • HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Jarvind said:
    Jarvind said:
    Who's the Spider-Man that's secretly Doc Ock? Superior? That's my guess.
    Well, I was half right.

As for how the clue relates, I've been told it's one of the lines used by the Alfred Molina incarnation in the 2nd Tobey Maguire movie, though I haven't bothered to find it.
    Thanks @Jarvind!  That's... incredibly obscure.