Please nerf Eliminate the Competition

Options
1235»

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank the devs for authority of the consulate.. Might become vital against everything blue.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OK.  So, assuming 6 mana per turn, and no disruption from the opponent:  you get Anointed Procession and Thopter Spy Network out on turn 4.  Turn 5, it vomits an 8/8.  Turn 6 you attack for 16.  Turn 7, attack for 24 (40 total), Turn 8, 32 (72 total), Turn 9, 40 (112 total), Turn 10 should be lethal.  Plus, in the meantime, maybe you throw down Anointer Priest and start gaining 8 life per turn.  So, that would definitely seem to be a lot of pressure.

OTOH, with New Perspectives and 8 cheap cycling spells, it might actually be possible to cast 6 Solemn Recruits in 6 turns, so no more wisecracks.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    EDHdad said:
    OK.  So, assuming 6 mana per turn, and no disruption from the opponent:  you get Anointed Procession and Thopter Spy Network out on turn 4.  Turn 5, it vomits an 8/8.  Turn 6 you attack for 16.  Turn 7, attack for 24 (40 total), Turn 8, 32 (72 total), Turn 9, 40 (112 total), Turn 10 should be lethal.  Plus, in the meantime, maybe you throw down Anointer Priest and start gaining 8 life per turn.  So, that would definitely seem to be a lot of pressure.

OTOH, with New Perspectives and 8 cheap cycling spells, it might actually be possible to cast 6 Solemn Recruits in 6 turns, so no more wisecracks.
    Mm hmm.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,231 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    EDHdad said:

What I'm really worried about is that someone in devland is saying "summon 6 solemn recruits--that would be an awesome secondary objective!"
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    .. For dovin Baan.
    Third objective : lose 8 or more creatures
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madwren said:

What I'm really worried about is that someone in devland is saying "summon 6 solemn recruits--that would be an awesome secondary objective!"
    Or 'summon 6 thopter tokens'. How hard can that be? :)
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev said:
    madwren said:

i think you know this objective is impossible to achieve with the current code. Same as asking to summon 6 scions. lol
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,231 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev said:
    madwren said:

i think you know this objective is impossible to achieve with the current code. Same as asking to summon 6 scions. lol

Sure, but do you think that would stop them from assigning it?
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madwren said:
    shteev said:
    madwren said:

Sure, but do you think that would stop them from assigning it?
    sadly, no. ????
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    EDHdad said:

Cycling spells costs mana as well, and you go from "might actually be possible" to the "no more wisecracks" statement which seems to me shall indecate that it is "highly" possibel...

Sorry, but I think this line of argumentation is totally flawed and Thopter Spy Network still stays an overpowered card.