Day 159, champed Peggy.
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Day 162, champed Cloak & Dagger
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dang, champing 4 4*s in 20 days? Are they all coming from 70? That's roughly 1.2 million ISO. Even pulling down 50K ISO a day couldn't keep up with that pace. Are you close to having an ISO crunch? 
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @TheZeusBear Are you sure you're not a whale? I can champ at most one 4* under 2 weeks and I play hard. PVP, PVE whatever the game throws at me. I really can't grasp at your numbers.
  • TheZeusBear
    Options
    Yes, all are being leveled from 70-120. I've been in really great alliances since I started this game. The one I'm in now is T10 pve and t50 pvp. I have no iso for anything else when I rush a 4*...  Have over 40 2* rostered since I can't spend iso on them just yet. 

TheZeusBear is my IGN in alliance iso_crazy if you want to go look at roster. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @TheZeusBear Are you sure you're not a whale? I can champ at most one 4* under 2 weeks and I play hard. PVP, PVE whatever the game throws at me. I really can't grasp at your numbers.
    I actually way underestimated my numbers too. I thought it was around 350K to take a 4* from 70 to 270, including the 12,500 champ fee, but perusing other threads today I saw several people mention that it's actually 365K plus the 12,500 champ fee, making the full cost of going from 70 to 270 377,500. If you multiply that by 4 you get 1,510,000. Divide that by 21 days, and that means clearing 72K ISO per day to keep up with that pace. If they came from 120, obviously that number would be a little lower, but not by much, as most of the ISO cost for leveling a 4* comes at the back end.

The most ISO I've ever seen anyone claim to earn on average was like 50K to 60K per day, which is about twice what I pull, and this goes beyond that. 

More power to ya if you're pulling it off, but I also play fairly hard and I just don't see how it's possible to keep that pace unless you're playing a ton, paying a ton, or both.
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Also because you don't just need ISO, you need covers...
  • TheZeusBear
    Options
    I don't think I play a ton or spend a ton either. Usually under an hour for pve clears, 15 mins for dpd spread throughout the day, 2-3 LR a day for under 5 mins. 30 mins of pvp a day spread out over time until final 3 hours. 

Sold my entire 2* farm in the process of champing my 4*. That was like 600k iso in itself.  I usually individually place 1-10 and alliance places T10 as well so that adds up. It didn't seem like too much of a hassle other than me now having over 70 2* on vine. 
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You can't place t10 if you don't play a lot, neither in pvp nor in pve...
  • TheZeusBear
    Options
    Day 168, champed Riri. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I don't think I play a ton or spend a ton either. Usually under an hour for pve clears, 15 mins for dpd spread throughout the day, 2-3 LR a day for under 5 mins. 30 mins of pvp a day spread out over time until final 3 hours. 

Sold my entire 2* farm in the process of champing my 4*. That was like 600k iso in itself.  I usually individually place 1-10 and alliance places T10 as well so that adds up. It didn't seem like too much of a hassle other than me now having over 70 2* on vine. 

Why in the world did you roster 5 fully covered Bullseyes, 5 Hawkeyes, 2 Torch, 4 Mags, 5 Boobstone and 4 Caps?

That's 62k ISO for selling off the excess copies, you could have champed a 2 with that.

Very weird roster decisions there.

• Bowgentle
    Options
    mexus said:
    Bowgentle said:

Why in the world did you roster 5 fully covered Bullseyes, 5 Hawkeyes, 2 Torch, 4 Mags, 5 Boobstone and 4 Caps?

That's 62k ISO for selling off the excess copies, you could have champed a 2 with that.

2* farming gone wild!
    I'm a bit jealous of this actually as I sold my 2*'s to get some nice ISO8 and promised myself I'd build them again - "eventually" - but I still don't have a 2* champ since. I'm using mainly Thor + team-ups for DDQ, he's like level 100 or so.

I do farm 2*s because I don't need ISO anymore, but I don't keep 5 fully covered level 15s around.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    mexus said:
    Bowgentle said:
    mexus said:
    Bowgentle said:

2* farming gone wild!
    I'm a bit jealous of this actually as I sold my 2*'s to get some nice ISO8 and promised myself I'd build them again - "eventually" - but I still don't have a 2* champ since. I'm using mainly Thor + team-ups for DDQ, he's like level 100 or so.

I do farm 2*s because I don't need ISO anymore, but I don't keep 5 fully covered level 15s around.
    So basically I'm doing it right not to farm since ISO8 is the only resource I truly need?
    No of course you should farm.
    But there's farming and there's keeping 5 fully covered Boobstones at level 15.
  • TheZeusBear
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

I tried hoarding for a week but I don't like it... So I pull everything. My cp, hp and iso is always near 0. Get lots of hp a day so I can just buy a new slot every few days and end up throwing my 2* in there... Have 90+ more on vine but no hp for a slot since I bought a ten pack instead. Oops. 

There's a few more I put to lvl 16 so I know which one is next. 

Will eventually use all those 2*...
  • TheZeusBear
    Options
    Day 191, Champed RNG. Took a small break from game. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    mexus said:
    Bowgentle said:
    mexus said:
    Bowgentle said:

2* farming gone wild!

So basically I'm doing it right not to farm since ISO8 is the only resource I truly need?
    5 is excessive, but during vaulting I was getting 4* champs so quickly I couldn't keep up with the ISO.  So rather than recycle my ISO into rechamping 2*s I sold the 2* and put the ISO into 4*.  I got down the point where I only had 3 2*s champed.  Now to not totally lose the 2* covers I was gaining I rostered copies (never had any more than 3 though).  It helped me rebuild my farm quicker once I had the ISO to do it.  I don't think their weird decisions at all, he prioritized the 4*s that are harder to get while backstocking his farm for later.  And he'll likely need those extra roster slots now that everything is unvaulted and he's probably got a lot of 3* and 4* to roster that may not have been before.
  • TheZeusBear
    Options
    broll said:
    Bowgentle said:
    mexus said:
    Bowgentle said:
    mexus said:
    Bowgentle said:

2* farming gone wild!

5 is excessive, but during vaulting I was getting 4* champs so quickly I couldn't keep up with the ISO.  So rather than recycle my ISO into rechamping 2*s I sold the 2* and put the ISO into 4*.  I got down the point where I only had 3 2*s champed.  Now to not totally lose the 2* covers I was gaining I rostered copies (never had any more than 3 though).  It helped me rebuild my farm quicker once I had the ISO to do it.  I don't think their weird decisions at all, he prioritized the 4*s that are harder to get while backstocking his farm for later.  And he'll likely need those extra roster slots now that everything is unvaulted and he's probably got a lot of 3* and 4* to roster that may not have been before.
    This is pretty much spot on. I didn't hoard so I kept getting more and more 2* and 3* that I had no iso for so I kept rostering them since I get a ton of hp from playing and placements. Over 145 slots, and now have every character rostered besides a few 5*.

2* farm is basically rebuilt, Champed most 3* (missing 10) and Champed one 4* since my last update. Finishing up 3* in a few weeks and will go back to doing 4*.
  • TheZeusBear
    Options
    Day 210, Champed Gamora. 9 3* left to champ including new releases. 
  • TheZeusBear
    Options
    Day 214, champed Agent Coulson.