Hot Shot - Human Torch - April 18 - Apr 20

Options

Comments

• locked wrote:
    pnRJMPjl.png

This tourney has been a revelation lol! Both the 1100 prog reward and my very 1st top placement in a normal PvP (besides LRs). Out of my 7 legendary covers, this is the only one I actually *earned* for placing.
    Hood/oBW omg I love ye guys, taking on BP/LTs with ease. Time to burn things up with Punpunbunnybun.

The fact that I never shielded and saved my HP is a huge bonus.
    you know you're playing MPQ too much...
    if you try to click "Claim Reward!" on a screenshot. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Emeryt wrote:
    locked wrote:
    pnRJMPjl.png

This tourney has been a revelation lol! Both the 1100 prog reward and my very 1st top placement in a normal PvP (besides LRs). Out of my 7 legendary covers, this is the only one I actually *earned* for placing.
    Hood/oBW omg I love ye guys, taking on BP/LTs with ease. Time to burn things up with Punpunbunnybun.

The fact that I never shielded and saved my HP is a huge bonus.
    you know you're playing MPQ too much...
    if you try to click "Claim Reward!" on a screenshot. icon_e_confused.gif

Guessing it didn't work for you either icon_redface.gif
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    So did 5DV really try and swap in higher scoring players at the last minute?

Well they have 100 to choose from, raise your hand if youre shocked! No? No one?...

Breath jozier! Everything's gonna be alright, woo sa
    As much as I understand that someone can demand a lot from members of his alliance, I think this is way too much. Really? For 150HP?
    Or is it only to boost the ego of Xerses?

oh well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVy7YeeqGZQ

Bwa! Not gonna lie, I got startled when they all came out from behind the train

Ok, back to topic. So based on the vid I assume they still failed? If so that's just delicious. Their tears sustain me. It has to be all about "glory" my alliance isn't hardcore but we flirt with top 10 here and there and I net positive hp every tourney now. Shields? We don't need no stinkin shields. 141s...PROTECT ME

I noticed 5dv got within 1000 and change. I saw s.h.i.e.l.d had some folks who had Rl to deal with this weekend, I saw 5dv was rolling 1000+ like ten deep.

I was impressed with their commitment from top to bottom but more impressed that shield can have guys take a nap and still win. S.h.i.e.l.d's the Bret hart of mpq. And thus ends my bromance

Edit: go locked!
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I don't think they were swapping out people, but definitely chose to add the 20th member in the last 15 minutes.

Probably more of a "Ok guys, whoever is the top scorer in the sister-alliances gets to join at the 15 minute mark!" Adding somebody too early may not have given a fair opportunity to everybody to rack up points and also still gives a little bit of time to make sure somebody fills in the spot that kingsucra (or whoever it was) left empty.

Fortunately, we had enough of a lead even with one of our guys not scoring to account for the inevitable 1000 point bump at the end.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Still waiting on my rewards (both personal and alliance) to pop up. Who's in the same boat as me? Hope someone is.
  • elusive wrote:
    Still waiting on my rewards (both personal and alliance) to pop up. Who's in the same boat as me? Hope someone is.

I am man, I was getting worried that mine didn't pop up. Good to know I'm not the only one
  • Arogntbastrd
    Options
    elusive wrote:

Elusive, focus! We're talking about important stuff here

To answer your question though, I got all my individuals almost right away. My alliance rewards always take forever. Relax. Have some champanya
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    locked wrote:
    This is the most public of my many humiliations

Why Clintman?!
    Why Clintman indeed? Did he hit you and ruin your beautiful (I have no doubt it was quite impressive) score?

Haha, good job locked. He was the only name I recognized on the retals. After rummaging through the muck I've gotten a lot of it back

Sidenote, I like how EVERY spider man I see, regardless of level, has 5 blue. And yes I realize I see them bc they have more pts and they have more pts bc they have 5 blue yadda yadda yadda. This is more a comment about how I've been playing this game for over 100 days, no spidey blues, no magneto reds.

Meanwhile daredevil, killin it

Are you sure it wasn't my evil Jamaican brother, Clintmon?

Besides if I did hit you... And I am not sayin I did 'mon, you should save that retaliation like its a TSP savings, and cash it in for big money at the end. Just sayin, although my retaliations are worth less than my more hardcore brothers and the mainSister Reckless. It is still a good investment.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Options
    Yeah, beezer explained the whole "we hit because we love and so you can retaliate" I typically don't go for high points so I'm still new to how it all works

Clintmon sounds like a beast
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    I don't think they were swapping out people, but definitely chose to add the 20th member in the last 15 minutes.

Probably more of a "Ok guys, whoever is the top scorer in the sister-alliances gets to join at the 15 minute mark!" Adding somebody too early may not have given a fair opportunity to everybody to rack up points and also still gives a little bit of time to make sure somebody fills in the spot that kingsucra (or whoever it was) left empty.

Fortunately, we had enough of a lead even with one of our guys not scoring to account for the inevitable 1000 point bump at the end.
    They had 20 people in their alliance earlier today, so to bring somebody in, somebody else had to leave. I counted 19 scores earlier today when Klingsor's score wasn't in the list, but his score just wasn't showing up at the time because he was late to join. 5DV did have 20 members at the time.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tazzaras wrote:
    elusive wrote:

I am man, I was getting worried that mine didn't pop up. Good to know I'm not the only one

Same here.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Nemek wrote:

They had 20 people in their alliance earlier today, so to bring somebody in, somebody else had to leave. I counted 19 scores earlier today when Klingsor's score wasn't in the list, but his score just wasn't showing up at the time because he was late to join. 5DV did have 20 members at the time.

I don't know when it happened, but at 30ish minutes to go, they definitely only had 19 (I had looked at their main alliance page and not the scores page). Either way, doesn't matter a whole lot, could just be some standard reshuffling.
  • Well done to the team. Undisputed champs.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, beezer explained the whole "we hit because we love and so you can retaliate" I typically don't go for high points so I'm still new to how it all works

Yeah, yesterday was the first time I actually enjoyed getting hit by Jachdo.
    It's great when you finished your climb already and are just screwing around getting points before shielding up to have those 35 available.
    Now, getting hit while climbing... not so cool icon_e_wink.gif

Props to No 2 in my bracket - almost made up the 100 points gap in the last 7 hours. Was sitting 24 behind me with 30 minutes to go and unshielded, which was the brave thing to do... next time I looked he was down to 975 from 1040.
    Still made 2nd though, so A for effort and A+ for bravery, well done Akatgn.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

Yeah, yesterday was the first time I actually enjoyed getting hit by Jachdo.
    It's great when you finished your climb already and are just screwing around getting points before shielding up to have those 35 available.
    Now, getting hit while climbing... not so cool icon_e_wink.gif

Props to No 2 in my bracket - almost made up the 100 points gap in the last 7 hours. Was sitting 24 behind me with 30 minutes to go and unshielded, which was the brave thing to do... next time I looked he was down to 975 from 1040.
    Still made 2nd though, so A for effort and A+ for bravery, well done Akatgn.
    I don't know. Silly retaliations wars took me from 950 to around 1100 and then just about to 1200. If the guy with the higher points wants to keep hitting me for 6, 9, and 16 points, I'll gladly hit back for 44, 40, and 45. It's a lot nicer than grinding out 5-pt matches at that level, all the while fearing someone below you is going to drop you 35-40 points before you can shield.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Congrats to all the 1100 progressioners. I considered trying for it, but then was lucky enough to pull a Black HT cover from the 300 token (think that's a first for me with the progression token).
  • well i managed to get what i wanted but not HT's black cover *sadface* but i got storm's green cover to improve her. Need to work on my 2* covers so im happy I got somewhere.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

I don't know when it happened, but at 30ish minutes to go, they definitely only had 19 (I had looked at their main alliance page and not the scores page). Either way, doesn't matter a whole lot, could just be some standard reshuffling.

We had members setting up another alliance so he probably hadn't joined back yet when you peeked.
  • I just saw this thread, everyone who is starting conspiracy theories is ridiculous, even Nemek's less biased theory is not correct. Psyko wanted to help the last alliance since it wasn't full in PVE, so he asked to skip the end of HT and that particular PVE sub. I proposed to bring in someone from 5DP to fill the gap. Another member of our team decided he needed to go on break for the week, because the game was too demanding. So the sustitution is one to one, he moved to 5DP, so he can compete in PVP more leisurely and still maintain his schedule. This is in absence of a vacation mode option, which I think would benefit every alliance. Since nobody else wanted to create 5LazyVenoms (our dedicated Spa and vacation alliance) we decided to shuffle people based on schedules. You could take this an evil act from the #1 most evil person in the internet if you choose, I really don't care what you guys think about how I run things on my alliance icon_e_wink.gif
  • klingsor wrote:
    I just saw this thread, everyone who is starting conspiracy theories is ridiculous, even Nemek's less biased theory is not correct. Psyko wanted to help the last alliance since it wasn't full in PVE, so he asked to skip the end of HT and that particular PVE sub. I proposed to bring in someone from 5DP to fill the gap. Another member of our team decided he needed to go on break for the week, because the game was too demanding. So the sustitution is one to one, he moved to 5DP, so he can compete in PVP more leisurely and still maintain his schedule. This is in absence of a vacation mode option, which I think would benefit every alliance. Since nobody else wanted to create 5LazyVenoms (our dedicated Spa and vacation alliance) we decided to shuffle people based on schedules. You could take this an evil act from the #1 most evil person in the internet if you choose, I really don't care what you guys think about how I run things on my alliance icon_e_wink.gif

Or you can look them in the eye and say. Some of these theories are not bad, maybe we will try them in the future, thanks for the ideas everyone icon_twisted.gif