Hot Shot - Human Torch - April 18 - Apr 20

Options

Comments

• Everyone who makes it up to 1100 in these things sucks. icon_razz.gif
  • Hah captainamurica is in my bracket - has been shielded most of the time since a few hours into the tourney. A maxed LT and hulk with fairly weak 2* roster behind them, so maybe not enough experience to know the PVP scoring?

Only the second time i've made 1100, it does seem to be getting more achievable. Although like you bowgentle i'm hoping the 4th black for HT is only temporary

So it's already possible to make it up to 1100? I didn't think there would be enough high value targets for that yet! I think i'm gonna try to get mine tonight soo uhh. Leave me alone if you see me! icon_e_wink.gif
  • .....If people could leave me alone as well, it would be really appreciated. <<
  • I started early but just intended to farm iso - and got to 950 without really noticing. So pushed to 1100 this morning, there are enough points but a small pool of high value targets (@ prob sensitive to foll shielding)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure about people shielding up early this time.
    Probably everyone who made it past 1100 so far doesn't need Punisher covers and is reluctant to spend 450 HP (24h+8h) to stay shielded till the end.
    Especially since everyone who made it to 1100 _now_ won't have a problem to make a run to 950+ tomorrow again and _then_ shield up.
    So I think tonight it's a free for all with high value targets all around.
  • I like that this event is back so my torchy can be buffed.

Dont know if i'll be able to get his cover to improve him. He's been stuck at level 30 in two weeks ;-;
  • Got to 1100! icon_e_smile.gif I wish I'd counted all the ISO I gathered in HotShot - the black HT cover is just a bonus really icon_e_smile.gif

Skipped Bowgentle a couple of times, didn't know that You finished Your run already. Last climb was so stressful, but furtunatelly no one attacked me when I was between 1000 - 1100.

I'm unshielded, with midlevel team (OBW, Punisher, HT boosted to 77) - feel free to attack me.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Even though you guys with 1100 pts progress inspire me so much, I'm far too lazy and unwilling to burn shields for black HT. Mine is 3/2/3 (2 lucky pulls, 2 full sets from events). I imagine he will be a reward some time again soon so I will get the black cover with less work, and the optimum build is probably 3 in black anyway (the vulnerable center position of the tiles, the AP sap in 3 colours make me look away from HT's black, I've barely used it at all, likewise IM 40 red and blue), so instead of working my butt off now for a cover I won't be using even I'd rather wait for the next set of awards.

Tl;dr: too lazy to go for 1100 pts but you guys rock. icon_lol.gif
  • im too busy working on the hunt event (i wish u dont need to aim for 17000 points for his red cover) but i should probably work on hotshot to get his black cover.

Anyway I'll probably go back to this event later. my build sadly is 1/1/2 .-. i can't afford to buy any more packs atm to improve Torchy sooooooooooooooo, im stuck with this build and maybe spam isos for power ups and just go with enough points to get the black cover so i can evolve to 1/2/2.

And also hope no one beats me up too much xD
  • locked wrote:
    Even though you guys with 1100 pts progress inspire me so much, I'm far too lazy and unwilling to burn shields for black HT. Mine is 3/2/3 (2 lucky pulls, 2 full sets from events). I imagine he will be a reward some time again soon so I will get the black cover with less work, and the optimum build is probably 3 in black anyway (the vulnerable center position of the tiles, the AP sap in 3 colours make me look away from HT's black, I've barely used it at all, likewise IM 40 red and blue), so instead of working my butt off now for a cover I won't be using even I'd rather wait for the next set of awards.

I burned zero shields this tourney.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    locked wrote:

Yeah, me too.
    And if tc5345 would stop attacking me I might even stay over 900.
    Seriously, how often do you need to beat up someone for 14 points when you're at 1150?
    Maybe stop after the 10th time?
  • bowgentle he is unshielded and has been like that the whole day. He is in my bracket and I have to give him credit for staying 2nd
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    And if tc5345 would stop attacking me I might even stay over 900.
    Lol same here. But I gave this guy a credit and just retreated twice for him.

He keeps on coming though... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    OK, as long as I'm not his only target icon_e_biggrin.gif
    But seriously, 8 points at 1200+?
    Oh well.
  • he hit me a few times but I hit him back just as hard. I hit 4 times before I shielded to lower him from 1200 back to 1100. I think I am gonna hit him again just for the way he constantly seeks out people.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    You probably used Patch and cMags to acquire points quickly? I can't see myself getting this high and this fast without being hit (no maxed 3*s).
  • locked wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    You probably used Patch and cMags to acquire points quickly? I can't see myself getting this high and this fast without being hit (no maxed 3*s).
    Emeryt wrote:
    midlevel team (OBW, Punisher, HT boosted to 77).

Good MMR I guess.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    midlevel team (OBW, Punisher, HT boosted to 77).

Good MMR I guess.

You moderated them lol, I saw you pop up but I had a few other targets with more points
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Good MMR I guess.
    My reading skills fail me I guess. Good going, maybe I can manage the same after all.
  • Just went over 1100 without shielding as well. Something has to have changed, my torch is only lvl 50 as well. Just burned through it with Patch and CMags.

Didn't hurt there was some guy I've never seen before at 1300+ that wanted to get in a retaliation war with me. Felt kinda bad because he started at 1300 but we both ended at 1100.