Hot Shot - Human Torch - April 18 - Apr 20

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    My Punisher is 3/4/3 so I will probably shoot for top 10 so as to have a cover cap in 4-5-4 (man! Why did I throw out 2 perfectly good black covers from LRs?)
    That Torch looks enticing but I'm not gonna burn shields for a black. Hope to see you with your D-vengers, Kelbris icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Time for HT to produce one last time for what will be the last of the 500hp rewards. oh locked did you manage to stay in the top 5 I saw you still there while I was doing another climb. I got to 1324 in the end because 5dv were pushing hard.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    I woke up 2 hrs after the end of the tourney although I left an alarm for the end of the tourney just in case. Saturday morning sleep is just too sweet. Launched the game, saw the reward screen "Congratulations! You were top 50 in Smash Hit!".

My heart fell, srsly. Then I saw all the rewards and realized that the top 50 was referring to our alliance 8D
    I held on to top 5, woo! Doubt I can pull such a high (for me) score off anytime soon, but it seems that PvPs start to become more competitive.
  • You held your own against some tough competition so I can see a few more top 5 placements for you. I owe you a helping hand at some point so if I find you on my radar one day I'll retreat from the battle score you some points for a last minute push.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Thanks, that's really not necessary, I'd just like that people would attack me when I'm shielded or not at all lol. Wonder if I can slog through this one with my newly leveled Hulk because green generation and Flame Jets go well together, also maybe some deterrent in the Hulk now that he's no longer boosted? Pretty please? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Careful hulks black doesn't take your countdown tile out with his black. maybe gsbw may be a better option for green generation
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Nah my GSBW is less leveled than Daredevil and that's saying something.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sorry for hitting you Ben, but at the time you were worth a juicy 36 points.
    And I figured with this much time left in the tourney you can easily get those points back.

MMR is really all over the place again, started seeing maxed teams at 400, sprinkled in with maxed 2*, non-maxed 2* and even non-maxed 1*.
    And number 1 in my bracket is at 750 points with a 75 2* Thor and a two-cover Torch. Good times.

Taking this one extremely easy, just playing for the ISO and not even planning to shield except maybe the final 8 hours.
    Trying to get out with a net gain on HP since I probably can get 900 and top 10 for 150 HP on cruise control.

Of course if I can get to 1100 easily the strategy might change some icon_e_wink.gif

Definitely not feeling good about juggling two subs and this PVP at the same time Monday morning.
  • Sorry emeryt - had to whack you on the run to 1100 as there was only a choice of 3 for more than 5 pts & the others had a max HT that looked risky (did once each with boosts)

Made it to the HT cover now so feel free to retaliate (if you needed an invitation). Believe it or not I need the punisher covers, started playing too late to grab them while they were everywhere...
  • Sorry emeryt - had to whack you on the run to 1100 as there was only a choice of 3 for more than 5 pts & the others had a max HT that looked risky (did once each with boosts)

Made it to the HT cover now so feel free to retaliate (if you needed an invitation). Believe it or not I need the punisher covers, started playing too late to grab them while they were everywhere...
    No problem at all icon_e_smile.gif I play HotShot casually, just farming ISO. I'll try to reach 1100 though, as it looks like a very lazy tourney. Or maybe my MMR is so good barely no one attacks me.
  • Incidentally my bracket leader has the strangest roster - nothing untoward, just unusual.

Only 8 roster slots, mstorm, awolv and then a maxed HT and high level lazy thor, lazy cap and hulk plus baglady and x-force at decent levels. Presumably spent money on iso but not roster slots (also been shielded since 8 hours in), but an odd way to play the game
  • mikey I have been seeing the same thing during my travel of nodes don't know whats going on with the mmr. I have seen you pop up a few times on my nodes but I thought ill let you climb , if you have me queued feel free to hit me as i am shielded as I have stuff to do.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Sorry for hitting you Ben, but at the time you were worth a juicy 36 points.
    And I figured with this much time left in the tourney you can easily get those points back.

No big - I hit you back about as hard. I'm going to try to get some good progression prizes, but otherwise just really aiming for top 25.
  • Bee, I'm shielded now too, not around much for the rest of the tourney. I saw you a few times but a buffed maxed HT isn't an attractive target...
  • lol yea 212 ht aint fun to play against I have dismantled a couple
  • Wow. I just had a game that was so unbelievable rigged to make sure I lost that it's almost funny. Was using MN Thor and MStorm, and it gave me absolutely nothing but blues and purples.

There are some moments when you really hate this game... that was one of them. There go probably WAY too many points.

I've pretty much given up on getting any higher up Alliance Rewards, so I have to try for at least top 50 Solo.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Wow, that was fun.

I'd like to give thanks to CaptainAmurica for getting into a retaliation war with me past 1000.
    He gave me 30+ twice while taking 17 off me.
    Then I hit him again twice because points, then he shielded up I guess because he disappeared.
    By then I was at 1068, and a win, a loss and another win later I'm looking at 1114 and a shiny new Torch cover.
    If you're here, shamsali75, sorry, but I needed those points quickly!

I'm not even going to shield so early in the tourney - I fully expect to be down to 700 tomorrow morning, then I'll do my retals and get bonus ISO for those icon_e_smile.gif
    Of course, having said that, I'll be butchered into oblivion overnight icon_e_biggrin.gif

Funny things:
    1) I don't even _want_ 4 black for my Torch - but I'll take the possibility of the extra levels until respec
    2) I'm still seeing _lots_ of 2* teams past 1100. Which is actually great, because it allowed me to switch from Patch/CMags to Punisher/Hood so that I have a fighting chance to get some defensive victories icon_e_wink.gif

All in all that was an insanely easy run to 1100, more or less in prime time for both Europe and the eastern US (although: Easter weekend, so maybe less participation).

(Which definitely means that the devs will realize that people are getting too many of those covers and put the prize back to 1200.
    Which will be a shame.)

So is this how it feels to be you, good S.H.I.E.L.D ians? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Hoping some day I'll be able to have stronger 3* Characters so I can have a better shot at getting the Top Rewards in events, but I doubt it'll ever actually happen.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Hoping some day I'll be able to have stronger 3* Characters so I can have a better shot at getting the Top Rewards in events, but I doubt it'll ever actually happen.
    Did you check Polarity's guide in Tips & Guides?
    There's some awesome info in there in how to maximize your potential.

Me, I'd recommend you concentrate on maxing someone like Punisher first - he does everything on offense and defense and fits into every team. A maxed Punisher coupled with a maxed OBW alone should help you place top 10 consistently. After that it's just a matter of time to get all the rest of the covers (and of course... ISO to level them :S).
    But that's a little OT in here icon_e_smile.gif
  • Hah captainamurica is in my bracket - has been shielded most of the time since a few hours into the tourney. A maxed LT and hulk with fairly weak 2* roster behind them, so maybe not enough experience to know the PVP scoring?

Only the second time i've made 1100, it does seem to be getting more achievable. Although like you bowgentle i'm hoping the 4th black for HT is only temporary