Upcoming Character Change to Wolverine (Old Man Logan)

Options

Comments

• Brendover
    Brendover Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Time for some levity, perhaps... icon_e_smile.gif

OML_Nerfed_Low_Res.jpg

Damn, he's not even in the ground yet.

#toosoon

Just a thought I had: Good timing on the forum switch over, since a bunch of posts are going to get "lost".
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Over 10% of all battles won include an Old Man Logan on the player’s team. This is higher than the win or play rate of any other character in the game even when those characters are Powered-Up.
    I have a hard time trusting this statistic when IM40 exists.

I feel the same way. I use IM40 all the time, and I'm well into the 4 star transition. I have combo's that gel better, but when it comes to raw speed, IM40 is tough to beat. Especially with 4clops, Iceman, or Rhulk. Even lately with OML, since the countdown tile's are doing damage when they expire now, lol.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arphaxad wrote:
    @Brigby "However, the same has not been true of improvements to 5-stars such as Silver Surfer (Skyrider) and Steve Rogers (First Avengers), due in largest part to the ubiquity and strength of Wolverine (Old Man Logan)."

The developers have this completely wrong. The changes to Surfer and Rogers had little effect because so few players have access to these champions. The rate at which non-whale players are getting fives is slow going.

We are getting saturated by new covers at a rate that does not allow players to build five stars. Please, slow the release schedule down. This will help with the ISO shortage, the roster saturation, and the need for rehashed boring champions.

Amen to that. OML is one out of two characters I have at the 5* level where I have all three skills above 1 cover. Banner might be fun some day. But he sure sucks at my current 2/1/0. Black Suit Spidey doing just in the ballpark of 2K damage with his blue and green? Yeah, no thanks. Absolutely no reason to sub him in for Iceman when it matters. OML is the only 5* that most people have a use for until they're much much further along. And to pull that rug out from under someone after they've been working towards that goal for a year... it is a real serious punch in the gut.
  • mindsuckr
    mindsuckr Posts: 154
    Options
    This is nothing about power, or we'd see some of the newer 5s reduced. It's all about how his true heal is reducing health pack useage/buying. Remember when IceIX used to tell us the real reason behind changes happening/not happening was because the "bean counters" deemed it so. Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I really hope you don't overly nerf like you've done in the past. Sentry and Ragnarok went from top tier to some of the worst characters at the 3* level. X-Force Wolverine wasn't quite as severe but he definitely ended up on the lower end of the 4 star.png tier.

OML is the only 5 star.png I have a decent amount of covers for so I have invested iso8.png in him. If you nerf him to Sentry levels he will no longer be competitive yet scaling will still be based on his level. The regular policy of selling a character back for iso8.png really isn't a fair exchange here either given the rarity of 5 star.png covers. In my opinion when you change a 5 star.png like this you should provide players with the option to exchange their covers for that of another character.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's about money. It's always about money.

Not fairness, not reducing a grind, not making it more fun, not balance, every single change is to screw you over and force you to spend money.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The question Brigby...is...whatchanges?

This really needs communicating quickly. I would also suggest that if a nerf is incoming that people be allowed to cash in their (soon to be much less useful) OML - not for hp. Not for CP. Not for tokens. They should get an equal number of covers of another selected 5* character instead.

EDIT: My suggestion on OML exchange is actually probably the only way you won't poke the bear on this nerf it will also solve the issue of OML being overused if we can all trade in our OML for a different hero instead. I'd be more than happy to trade my 10 OML covers now for someone else

Like Thanos? I felt like he is the new OML without there yet being an old OML.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    New McG wrote:
    Akari wrote:
    The problem is that we already know that Demi has 0 player experience at the top level, so I'm really worried that they're willing to shake up the top end so severely without any input from the people that it may seriously affect.
    While the first part is shown to probably be true, can you really take a look at the response in this particular thread (and the others related to it) and say that they'd get ANY useful feedback if they ran this by this forum crowd, even as a theoretical suggestion? (Since I presume this particular group represents the "seriously affected" you're referring to?)

Remember when they rolled out the PvE changes to the 4 clear system, everyone on the forums said how grinding 1 node for pts at the end would ruin a lot of competitive brackets, and then the devs came out and admitted that that was exactly the case? Don't knock the forum response. It's a little biased towards the top, but it's accurate to how the game will end up being played.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bossblack wrote:
    Guys, the forum is being migrated so all these posts may not be migrated over.... Good timing to break out the nerf news...

Thanks for the reminder. *Backing up today's posts to Google doc for repost if necessary.*
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will toss out there.

Thanks for the advanced warning. A lil bit longer of a warning next time, but yeah. Warnings are good.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wolverine: I'm the best there is at what I do.
    D3 (wielding adamantium nerf bat): Nope!

I guess we can all take comfort in the fact that 2* will probably be the only Wolvie not to need a nerf, because then how would he destroy us when paired with red-generating ninjas?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I guess we can all take comfort in the fact that 2* will probably be the only Wolvie not to need a nerf, because then how would he destroy us when paired with red-generating ninjas?
    2* Wolvie got a nerf already.
    He was the go-to team with 2* Thor at the start of the game.
  • DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    Just an aside, I'm amazed anyone thought it would be good to post an announcement with no details. This is so amateurish.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Options

actually 2* wolverine got the nerf bat a long time ago.

he used to generate a lot more strike tiles. with his green move only costing 3.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=492

and they used to be bigger.

that being said I don't know if 3* wolverine ever got a nerf.
    I know there were talks forever about it due to his healing, but I think the meta shifted to 4* and that died down.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Guys stop thinking of the micro and I'm talking about the hardcore players. The fact that 10% of all node clears from all players including those that don't have oml have an oml on the team it shows that on barely any covers he is a beast. Before I had a four star champ at 255 he was in every match (now I barely use him because he's too slow)

We don't know what the changes are but my hope is that they won't adjust his damage or his healing on max covers or level but one cover or two and not leveled up he should be a lot weaker.

That's what I took from the note around how strong he is on hardly any covers causing the issue.
  • Aidonis
    Options
    zulux21 wrote:

he used to generate a lot more strike tiles. with his green move only costing 3.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=492

I know there were talks forever about it due to his healing, but I think the meta shifted to 4* and that died down.

His nerf was the same as Daken's. When they boosted every character's health, they left the true healing guys with **** health. Couple that with the power creep, and they simply faded from top tier character's to "fun when boosted" characters.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Guys stop thinking of the micro and I'm talking about the hardcore players. The fact that 10% of all node clears from all players including those that don't have oml have an oml on the team it shows that on barely any covers he is a beast. Before I had a four star champ at 255 he was in every match (now I barely use him because he's too slow)

We don't know what the changes are but my hope is that they won't adjust his damage or his healing on max covers or level but one cover or two and not leveled up he should be a lot weaker.

That's what I took from the note around how strong he is on hardly any covers causing the issue.
    to be fair... when the introduced 5* that was the point.
    5* were supposed to be good with just one cover of each cover and only got slightly better with more, with most of the boost coming from levels.

that quickly got thrown away and they became more like normal characters that needed 3-5 covers on most skills for them to even be decent which means most people will never be able to use them because of the low drop rate of 5*.

I mean ideally they don't change any numbers but more change how his covers work, but he protects to many health packs.

no doubt his healing is going to get nerfed hard and and make him one of the worst 5* characters.
    Aidonis wrote:
    zulux21 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=492

His nerf was the same as Daken's. When they boosted every character's health, they left the true healing guys with tinykitty health. Couple that with the power creep, and they simply faded from top tier character's to "fun when boosted" characters.
    daken was actively nerfed though with his strike tiles losing about 25% of their power.
  • Ratvader
    Ratvader Posts: 6
    Options
    Maybe my grasp of math is bad but if 10% of wining teams use him that means 90% DONT!!!!!!!!!!

Thats by no means unbalanced! The argument is a fraud. Its a straw man designed to distract from the truth:

OML heals.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like Black Suit Spider Man joined the Dev team. Because his primary role in 5* land is to make Logan an impotent old man.
  • Aidonis
    Options
    zulux21 wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:

to be fair... when the introduced 5* that was the point.
    5* were supposed to be good with just one cover of each cover and only got slightly better with more, with most of the boost coming from levels.

that quickly got thrown away and they became more like normal characters that needed 3-5 covers on most skills for them to even be decent which means most people will never be able to use them because of the low drop rate of 5*.

I mean ideally they don't change any numbers but more change how his covers work, but he protects to many health packs.

no doubt his healing is going to get nerfed hard and and make him one of the worst 5* characters.
    Aidonis wrote:
    zulux21 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=492

His nerf was the same as Daken's. When they boosted every character's health, they left the true healing guys with tinykitty health. Couple that with the power creep, and they simply faded from top tier character's to "fun when boosted" characters.
    daken was actively nerfed though with his strike tiles losing about 25% of their power.

I forgot about that! Good call.