Upcoming Character Change to Wolverine (Old Man Logan)

Options

Comments

• Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Will you Nerf him into the ground again like you always do with favorites or will he still be usable?

How's progress on creating a real endgame progression that's not purely luck based?

Will devs ever try playing at the highest level and obtaining 5star covers in the **** 'system' they've created for it?

What about accepting feedback from players who actually know your game better than you do?
  • Elauric
    Elauric Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Let's all start using bagman to win matches. By their logic, they'll have to nerf him too.
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've been looking for a way out of this game, this is definitely the best way for me to quit. My very first (and only) champion 5* is OML, and I just champed him a month ago. Weakening him will kill my roster and my ability to be competitive.
    I haven't spent as much as a lot of whales, but I've certainly spent nearly $1,000 on this game and to have my best and only 5* character cut out from under me is a great way to reward my money.

I'll take my money elsewhere. Thanks for rewarding my devotion to the game, guys!
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Clueless. Absolutely clueless. My sincere apologies to anyone who is hurt by this because OML is all they have to work with because D3.

Meanwhile Those with ACTUALLY OP combos like BB/Thanos will have an easier time steamrolling over all the little squishy OML's.

Way to "get it" devs. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anyone else think it's a little creepy that the message come from "Lead Designer", not a person with an actual name? It's like a message from The Architect, or The One, or some kind of shadowy behind-the-scenes figure. Wait, is "Lead Designer" 12 figures in black robes seated around a table chanting to some sort of dark god?

No, of course I don't actually think there's anything nefarious going on (I barely use OML, and I have no strong opinion one way or another as to whether this nerf is warranted), but it just freaks me out that this person wasn't referred to by name in all of this.

Anyway, just a little sidenote. Go back to declaring the horrors of what D3 hath wrought.
  • Ratvader
    Ratvader Posts: 6
    Options
    Clueless. Absolutely clueless. My sincere apologies to anyone who is hurt by this because OML is all they have to work with because D3.

Meanwhile Those with ACTUALLY OP combos like BB/Thanos will have an easier time steamrolling over all the little squishy OML's.

Exactly my point.. cant believe im agreeing with square....
  • Mimic44
    Mimic44 Posts: 4
    Options
    Couple of problems with this:

1. We all know the real reason is you want to sell more health packs. He's one of the oldest 5's and more people have him decently covered, that's why more use him.

2. Blaming him for people not using Cap and SS is pure ridiculousness and a cheap cop out. The real reason is they weren't very good when they first came out, so people didn't dump resources into them. Now they're in classics, and getting a 5 out of classics anymore is all but impossible, even with bonus heroes. Fix classics and more people can get covers and will level/use them accordingly. Well maybe not SS because his red is still way too underpowered in the 5* world.

3. Stop looking at the overall fights and actually look at the leaderboards, especially in pve. It's all about Thanos now. I see plenty of people with no 5's leveled up except a champed Thanos and they're winning every event.
  • Syleye
    Syleye Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is one of many reasons why I will never recommend this game to any of my friends. Nor do I spend money on it anymore. The people in charge really need to take a basic course in successful business practices. bad move as bad if not worse than the vault issue!
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This should have happened a long time ago, but better late than never. I am pretty sick of playing Logan Puzzle Quest. I literally use him in every battle unless I am forced not to because I was fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to get covers to make him usable. This is definitely a good change if they can actually balance him.

The fact he is so good at lower levels attributes to his insane match damage though, which isn't unique to him. There were complaints about it since release. So do they plan to nerf match damage for all the 5*s who have crazy match damage? His healing also gave him a big advantage early on, lower rosters have a ton of trouble out damaging his heal before his match damage kills them.

Nerfing these 2 things make sense, but the problem really is the match damage more than anything. It's just too good right out the gate and it doesn't even matter which covers you get.
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Are you freakin' kidding me? Have you even tried to correlate wins against covers had? I'd love to play with all these other BETTER 5*s like IM, Thanos, and Spiderman, but guess what I DON'T HAVE THE COVERS FOR THEM. I've spent the last year and a half building my OML, completely honest I just finished him this week after buying one cover at 720 CP and getting lucky with a bonus cover.

What in the world type of compensation are you giving people for this nerf? I would guess hundreds of thousands, if not millions have been spent in the past year and a half with the main goal being getting OML... No amount of ISO, or HP can properly compensate the excruciating battle with RNG people have fought to get these covers.

If you want real diversity in the 5* world, the only honest compensation is full ISO refund and 720 CP (or a 5* cover buying equivalent) per cover so people can build the 5*s they want in a post OML world.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At least part history shows a light handed approach to nerfs that are never over done
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Does this mean there'll be no character-BUFFS this season?? icon_neutral.gif
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I wonder, oh I wonder why OML is my most used 5*
    -s76Rtf.png

all of my other 5* aside from goblin are weaker than most of my 3* at this point.

I won't deny that OML is used a lot, but most of that is because it's the only really usable 5* people have.

you originally announced 5* as things that won't take a lot of covers to be usable but that quickly went out the window and only a handful of them are actually decent to use with a low amount of covers :/

anyways, please don't go crazy with the nerf given a number of 5* are already more powerful than him in the proper 5* meta. I mean he is really strong below that thus why a number of people use him, but most of that is due to your attempts to milk people of money from health packs (which admittedly is at least better than it was at launch)
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First they came for XFW and I didn't speak up because I didn't have XFW.

Then they came for Thoress and I didn't speak up because I didn't have Thoress.

Not they come for OML and I won't speak up because I don't have OML.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What this nerf reiterates to me is that they rely heavily on player metrics (duh). Using that as a baseline characters that get over-used have a shot of getting the nerf hammer. Which means that at other tiers Peggy and IM40 users might want to stop using them as often and experiment with other teams lest they also get hit.

I also think its a little early to get out the pitchforks before any of the changes are actually announced. But that is par for the course.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,087 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    not sure why anyone even put cash into this game....

People cheat nothing is done about it... They are just slapped on the wrist and told not to do it again

people who spend money get screwed
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Have they considered that because he was one of the first, he was bound to be on more rosters and get more use...

Phx and OML remain my only 5* champs because of the way the RNG gives out 5*s terribly. IF I could get covers for my Hulk, I'd LOVE to use him and see how he smashes FOR FUN. As it stands, the game has given me OML and Phx, so they are who I use.

Be more generous in 5* distribution and I'd happily mix up my team selections.

I certainly think it would be fun to play Bolt/Surfer/4*Thor... but I guess I'll never know.
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options

"Devs" is a nickname, and nicknames are for friends, and the developers are no friends of mine.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,573 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Until the transition from 4* to 5* territory makes more sense overall, this will have absolutely no effect on my roster or the way I play. I have around 20 champed 4* characters and the only times I ever use OML are for seed teams and occasionally early in the first 3 PvE matches. I guess I'm in the minority.
  • funeralthirst7
    Options
    This is the 3rd Wolverine that has had a nerf. Both of the others were nerfed into oblivion. Seriously, when was the last time anybody has seen X-Force Wolverine? Even when buffed he is a rare sight. He should have his picture on a milk carton.