*** Sam Wilson (Falcon) *** (Updated)

Comments

• Someone please edit the first post with the discovered abilities.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Awesome!

So, it really works as a cooldown that u can hurry up by matching the CD tile?
    And does it let u choose which enemy tile is targeted, or is it at random? o.o

Since it wont be possible to have 2 or 3 enemy tiles targeted at the same time hurrying up the process would be very important o.o

Im still trying to decide if falcon is my new OBW lol
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, blue for PvE is going to be a very very powerfull ability, and if you have 5 in purple too then you are allmost invencible. Falcon and Spidey (even when he is nerfed) will be invatible in PvE.

Very difficult to decide which is the best build, 5/5/3, 3/5/5, 5/3/5 or even 4/5/4 and 4/4/5 are all viable builds for different things.

When is R52 expected to launch ?
  • nihilium wrote:
    Awesome!

So, it really works as a cooldown that u can hurry up by matching the CD tile?
    And does it let u choose which enemy tile is targeted, or is it at random? o.o

Since it wont be possible to have 2 or 3 enemy tiles targeted at the same time hurrying up the process would be very important o.o

Im still trying to decide if falcon is my new OBW lol

It removes a tile at random.
    The tile is replaced by a countdown tile.
    When countdown tile reaches 0 redwing comes back and replaces another tile.
    If countdown is destroyed early then redwing comes back early.

It created a few entirely new mechanics all at once.
    Most people hate countdown tiles because they get destroyed and take too long.
    This is a CD tile that the purpose is to remove it and get more benefit.

I've been pretty happy with it. I think at 100+ falcon is gonna be incredibly useful.
  • Polares wrote:

I'd estimate 2-3 weeks from now, based on previous patches. As this is not just a table-based fix not expecting to see changes before actual R52 (the recent falcon nerf was just issued as data patch).
  • It removes a tile at random.

Is it blue or the original color?
  • pasa_ wrote:

Original color.

And of course these guy would think it is well design when it work in their favor.

I dont think the dev have this in mind when the make this skill, because they would not be telling us to protect it otherwise.

Also think about the AI in a defensive situation, would you want the AI defending on your behalf program to make a move that is favorable to the other team. (unless they are not prioritize to get rid of enemy countdown tile in a match when possible)

And then you have situation like this where you have multiple count down.
    IMG_0178_1.png
    One of the count down go off, and the redwing return(or does he?). But then yelena use pay back mission..., can you make her any worst.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Polares wrote:
    Wow, blue for PvE is going to be a very very powerfull ability, and if you have 5 in purple too then you are allmost invencible. Falcon and Spidey (even when he is nerfed) will be invatible in PvE.

Very difficult to decide which is the best build, 5/5/3, 3/5/5, 5/3/5 or even 4/5/4 and 4/4/5 are all viable builds for different things.

You dont even want a max blue, what is a point of lowering the cool down when you can just destroy your own countdown tile for a better effect.

I would go with the 5/4/4 build and i pretty sure this would be the optimal build. At 5 max purple it give you 224[(51-35)*14] more defensive power over 4 max purple which might seem significant, but when you factor lvl395 enemy in pve then it is insignificant. Also you dont win the game with defensive tiles. This skill is only good as a blockage similar to M/storm attack tile where you use to get rid of the board of basic tile.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Thx for the answers, ur increadibly helpfull =)
  • Justdangit wrote:
    I dont think the dev have this in mind when the make this skill, because they would not be telling us to protect it otherwise.
    They... didn't?
  • Justdangit wrote:
    Polares wrote:

You dont even want a max blue, what is a point of lowering the cool down when you can just destroy your own countdown tile for a better effect.

Yes, because obviously you can match any random tile at any time you want, especially when enemy tiles you CAN match, you probably have, leaving Redwing to deal with tiles you can't match
  • Justdangit wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:

Original color.

And of course these guy would think it is well design when it work in their favor.

Also think about the AI in a defensive situation, would you want the AI defending on your behalf program to make a move that is favorable to the other team. (unless they are not prioritize to get rid of enemy countdown tile in a match when possible)

And then you have situation like this where you have multiple count down.

One of the count down go off, and the redwing return(or does he?). But then yelena use pay back mission..., can you make her any worst.
    I'm so confused. You're using a level 6 Bag-Man and what looks like a maxed OBW in the same team, so presumably not a tank team. And you expect to retain your credibility? icon_e_biggrin.gif j/k

So it sounds like your biggest complaint is actually the wording. You're being told by the tile to protect it, but your instincts say "destroy it". So if it didn't say protect it, you'd be fine with it? The countdown is totally a liability - it's meant to keep you from using the skill multiple times and peeps like Yelena can take advantage of it (just like Hood can improve it).

I am curious how you got multiple redwing countdowns on the board, I haven't seen that yet. Possible bug? Or Photoshop?
  • gamar wrote:
    Justdangit wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Yes, because obviously you can match any random tile at any time you want, especially when enemy tiles you CAN match, you probably have, leaving Redwing to deal with tiles you can't match

You dont have to match it just get rid of it, there are many ways to do this, Cap, C.mag, Storm, hey the enemy Yelena and Moonstone might even do it for you. I just play a match where the enemy moonstone wasted 17 black AP to use control shift on a 4 turn Redwing so that i can use redwing the very next turn. Redwing is also random, you cant control which tile to convert if there are multiple special tiles on board. It just too random for you to want to max it.
  • Riggy wrote:
    So it sounds like your biggest complaint is actually the wording. You're being told by the tile to protect it, but your instincts say "destroy it". So if it didn't say protect it, you'd be fine with it? The countdown is totally a liability - it's meant to keep you from using the skill multiple times and peeps like Yelena can take advantage of it (just like Hood can improve it).

I am curious how you got multiple redwing countdowns on the board, I haven't seen that yet. Possible bug? Or Photoshop?

No the wording is not what concern me, what concern me is what the AI do in a defensive situation.

And no, yelena is not taking advantage of it, she turn enemy-owned special tiles in to crit tiles. This mean she get rid of two redwing countdown tile for me, so it actually work at yelena disadvantage.

As to how i got 2 redwing countdowns on board, just think about bagman and baglady tile locking mechanic. You lock the redwing down and he automaticly return to you, unlock him and now you got 2 countdown tile.
  • I assume If you use Bagman's blue on the countdown, you can generate a new countdown tile. When the initial tile is unlocked, you'd have two countdown tiles. You can still see a countdown is locked at the bottom.

Edit: I really need to look at th new messages before I post.

Anyway, if your concern is defense, I can share a secret with you: the AI doesn't try to protect countdown tiles at all. The AI does not put any kind of priority on removing your countdown tiles, nor does it avoid matching its own countdowns.
  • Justdangit wrote:
    Riggy wrote:

No the wording is not what concern me, what concern me is what the AI do in a defensive situation.

And no, yelena is not taking advantage of it, she turn enemy-owned special tiles in to crit tiles. This mean she get rid of two redwing countdown tile for me, so it actually work at yelena disadvantage.

As to how i got 2 redwing countdowns on board, just think about bagman and baglady tile locking mechanic. You lock the redwing down and he automaticly return to you, unlock him and now you got 2 countdown tile.
    Gotcha, that makes sense about the locking mechanics. I guess I just don't use the bag-couple at all.

Although I do think you're giving the defensive AI too much credit. It's going to equally mishandle any situation. icon_lol.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think people are forgetting he is support. He's beefy when you think about avg supports, but support nonetheless. Falcon IMO is designed to get you to the long game, where LT's and LC's dominate. If you want to use him as a early game dominant support then you are gonna have to run him with very cheap strike tile, or attack tile personnel. I would run him offensively with either Frank, or Psylocke and then LT or LC if you don't have LT as the yellow recipient. If you run Frank, then I would go CAP just for defensive purposes as the AI will use your judgement over COTS, where as with Cap it doesnt' matter. When Lazy Daken comes out he will be an obvious choice to pair with Falcon and LT as those green matches are very nice, or you can go full offensive and combo Daken with Psylocke or Frank and Falcon. but you will have empty yellow matches.

But I say as of right now, the best pairing for Falcon offensive is

--Off:--Psylocke, Lazy Thor
    --Def:--Lazy Thor, Lazy Cap
    50/50--Punisher, Lazy Cap

Future
    --Off:Lazy Daken, Lazy Thor
  • Matching the CD tile to reset the CD on Redwing is not really a bonus. If you can destroy that tile, you could've destroyed whatever special tile it was.

The purpose of the reset is that since it picks a random tile, if it picked up a tile you could've already destroyed, you can simply destroy it to try again instead of just wasting the ability. I think it's well designed that way.

By the way, letting the tile expire normally gets you a very small cascade, so if there's only one special tile out and you've no pressing need for the color it's on, letting Redwing expire naturally is better than matching it.
  • The faster CD absolutely matters for PvE. Let's take Daken, perhaps the hardest ultra high level character in the game. You're expected to make a green match every 7 matches, so every 3.5 turns there should be 2 red strike tiles created on board. That's obviously much faster than the fastest rate Redwing can clear them, but the faster you can clear them the better off you will be. 2 special tiles per 3.5 turns is not an outrageous fast pace for PvE. Maggia Don can come close to that by himself. And no you're not getting rid of Daken's strike tiles by 'other means' whatever they are. If it was that easy I wouldn't need to be fleeing in horror each time a level 395 Daken showed up.
  • It is pretty long but you do get to gaze longingly at that awesome goatee. This game needs more facial hair.
    I think you mean Redwing, in Inspiration there's tricot.