Bonus Hero bug (merged threads) [Fix in R123]

1235»

Comments

• DayvBang wrote:
    OrangeDog wrote:
    Don't think that this is what was implied - I think the inference, once again, was the the whole Bonus Heroes system isn't working, and that frustrations at formulaic responses and suggestions that people haven't done the basics (such as mark covers as favourites) are high.
    I'm not sure you're reading the same comment that I did.

Yep, same comment read, but I interpreted that as "I had covers marked as favourites, but the bonus cover wasn't one of them"

The system is horribly, horribly broken with numerous reports of bonus covers not being awarded at all, or not following the system as described by the release notes
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Patch has been out a day now and bug is resolved, this thread no longer needs to be sticky.

Just drew 3-star Thanos, marked as a favourite, from the Heroic store (listed as a bonus character in the "info" part of the store). No bonus cover received.

Updated this morning, so running the latest version. Are we SURE this bug is fixed?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    OrangeDog wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    Patch has been out a day now and bug is resolved, this thread no longer needs to be sticky.

Just drew 3-star Thanos, marked as a favourite, from the Heroic store (listed as a bonus character in the "info" part of the store). No bonus cover received.

Updated this morning, so running the latest version. Are we SURE this bug is fixed?
    That's not how bonus heroes work at all. Every time you pull a token, you have a 5% chance of receiving a bonus hero from the ones you have selected at the same tier. So any time you pull any 3* from Standard, Elite, or Heroic token, you have a chance to get Thanos as well.
  • Hotnfresh
    Hotnfresh Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Keep an eye out for your bonus hero percentages. Excluding the last bug, the visual error, the bh odds were working correctly... practically clockwork. Now, since the patch, I have a sneaky suspicion the odds of getting a bh have been tampered with (intentionally?).

ZERO bh's in... approximately 60 pulls. Since standard pulls are 100% bh if get you gold, that doesn't count. And though I haven't received a 5* bh yet, in well over 20 pulls, I can't conclude anything on that front since there haven't been enough pulls for LT's.

I'll need to open more tokens to confirm, but this is either a long dry run or once again they've stealthily tinkered with token odds.
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    5% possibility means that IN AVERAGE you get one every 20 pulls, but it doesn't mean it will actually happen.
    Every time you open a token you have a 5% possibility, so you can either get one every pull, one every 20 pull, or one never (and many more nuances).
    That's how probability works. Otherwise it would be "5% certainty", not probability.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hotnfresh wrote:
    Keep an eye out for your bonus hero percentages. Excluding the last bug, the visual error, the bh odds were working correctly... practically clockwork. Now, since the patch, I have a sneaky suspicion the odds of getting a bh have been tampered with (intentionally?).

ZERO bh's in... approximately 60 pulls. Since standard pulls are 100% bh if get you gold, that doesn't count. And though I haven't received a 5* bh yet, in well over 20 pulls, I can't conclude anything on that front since there haven't been enough pulls for LT's.

I'll need to open more tokens to confirm, but this is either a long dry run or once again they've stealthily tinkered with token odds.

I wonder if my dry spell for bonus covers is tied to the same issue preventing shield intercepts from appearing either.

I've pulled 9 Classic Legendary for CP, 4 Latest Legendary pulls, and countless standard, elite, and Heroic tokens since the update, and despite having a pretty good run on pulls, have not seen a bonus cover since the update.

Edit:

So middle of the night last night after Heroic Juggs ended, one of my tokens finally spit out a Bonus Cover... just a 3*, but at least I finally got one again.
  • Hotnfresh
    Hotnfresh Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Pwuz_ wrote:

I wonder if my dry spell for bonus covers is tied to the same issue preventing shield intercepts from appearing either.

I've pulled 9 Classic Legendary for CP, 4 Latest Legendary pulls, and countless standard, elite, and Heroic tokens since the update, and despite having a pretty good run on pulls, have not seen a bonus cover since the update.

Edit:

So middle of the night last night after Heroic Juggs ended, one of my tokens finally spit out a Bonus Cover... just a 3*, but at least I finally got one again.

As another poster suggessted, I uninstalled/reinstalled mpq... why not. I did it when intercepts weren't popping and it worked (coincidence, maybe). And I, too, got a 3* bh on the 5th pull. Again, probably coincidence.

My paranoia is well founded though. The devs have essentially lost my trust when it comes to being straight up with the community.

Right before the drastic changes, I thought to myself "Man, I'm actually making headway with CP and ISO! Covers are rolling in and am gaining considerable CP! And I'm champing chars faster than ever!" See, I didn't hoard. And I was having fun with letting rng guide my roster. So every day there was action happening.

After vaulting was implemented, resources are severely ****. And they knew that many players were getting too much from champ rewards with healthy, progressing rosters. Then add bh's, it would be quite the surplus. AND I think bh's were initially dropping more frequently than they wanted. I bet they had it coded wrong... I DUNNO!

The funny thing is I would be spending more if they had left it alone or taken a different route. If I feel I'm getting ahead with resources-- I spend more. Maybe buy a 40pack and splurge with more shields for higher rating. But now, I'm forced to hoard... starving me of even more resources. So now I just don't dip into my CP pool at all. And I've got plenty for a long time. They're shooting themselves in the foot!