Bonus Hero bug (merged threads) [Fix in R123]

Comments

• Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    This is a known issue, developers are working on it.
    See: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=61300
    It's a problem with display, your cover pull shows the bonus pull, instead of the actual pull.
    So you got Switch, and Magneto as bonus, not two Magneto covers.
    Hope this clarifies the issue for you.
  • Bvwalker1
    Bvwalker1 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I have Dr. strange as my favorite 3* character so that I have a chance to pull an extra cover. Today I pull a Dr. Strange and I got an extra Dr. Strange cover. However, the extra one didn't show in my roster so I couldn't claim it. There was only one there instead of two. It appears that when your favorite character is pulled and you happen to get the extra pull, you don't actually get the extra. I haven't noticed this with different characters. It's only been when they happen to be the same. Anyone else have this happen?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a known bug. What actually happened and you probably didn't notice was that you didn't actually pull a Dr Strange cover from the token. You pulled a different 3*, you then got a bonus Dr Strange. The bug is that it shows the reward cover art twice instead of showing whatever the first one was.

For example, I also have Strange as my bonus. I got one yesterday.

Here's what it showed:

Dr. Strange
    Dr. Strange

Here's what I actually got:

Grey Suit Widow
    Dr. Strange
  • Bvwalker1
    Bvwalker1 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    OK - But there apparently is a caveat to what you said...

I just pulled another Dr. Strange and 2 bonus draws. I didn't even know that was possible. Both the extras were Dr. Strange. However, I only got 1 extra cover and it was Cyclops. So, apparently you don't even get any cover at all if you get more than 1 bonus.
  • heckbringer
    heckbringer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2017
    I was getting bonus covers for favorites at a satisfying rate and then it stopped altogether, and I didn't get one for a week or more despite playing the same as I had been every day.

The cessation appeared to coincide with making 3* Punisher my favorite. I have one champion of him, one 5-red of him to give out reliable red punisher teamups, and a 3-red of him that I'm working on.

I've tried changing my favorite 3* over to someone I have only one of, and hope that works!
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I noticed the same thing. I was getting some extra bonus 3* on a regular basis, and now nothing for a week. Then I pulled a bonus 3* Thanos, but it disappeared from roster queue. Put a ticket in, and they say it is a visual error. Funny, huh? I think the rate wa too good at the start and they are trying to nerf it.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azoic wrote:
    I noticed the same thing. I was getting some extra bonus 3* on a regular basis, and now nothing for a week. Then I pulled a bonus 3* Thanos, but it disappeared from roster queue. Put a ticket in, and they say it is a visual error. Funny, huh? I think the rate wa too good at the start and they are trying to nerf it.

It is a visual error, though -- one of the many many many bugs in the current patch is that when you get a bonus cover it appears instead of the "regular" cover you pulled and then again in the bonus cover animation, so it looks like you got two copies of the same cover when you really got one of that cover and another, different one that didn't get an animation.
  • cydyr
    cydyr Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    This happened to me. Bonus cover was for 3 star Dr Strange. But I got grey suit black widow. And I also get bonus covers for characters I didn't "favorite" icon_neutral.gif
  • heckbringer
    heckbringer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    This appears to be a distinct issue. During my week-or-more blackout, I never saw the favorite heart animation ever, and never got unexpected extra characters.

The first day after I switched my favorite to a character I had only one of, I got the heart animation and an extra character. Yes, I see the issue everyone else is seeing, but this appears to be something different.

Or maybe it's due to not being connected to FB? That's the only other variable I'm aware of; I just got connected to FB via the app after months of it not working without the FB app.
  • Since the application of the bonus cards draw I have noticed that when I draw a card that is the same as my regular card draw, on opening my roster to train that specific hero I find that there is only 1 card instead of 2. The last time this happened was yesterday when I drew a 4 star professor X and a 4 star carol Danvers and got the same cards as my bonus draws. I went to train them and found only 1 card. Is this a bug or just a scam to give us a reason for taking away the 3 star drop rate and the ability to use iso8 to draw bonus cards?
  • karlosdj
    karlosdj Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Same here got a bonus pull out of elite token drew dr strange 3* and drew an additional cover for DR strange but went to roster and only ones in my queue??
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=61242
    Well-known bug that the devs is aware of. Basically the bonus cover is shown twice instead of first showing the regular pull and then the bonus cover.
  • karlosdj
    karlosdj Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for replying but this isnt that bug where its showing two of the same but in your queue there is another one there is only one in my queue of any cover not the two if you get me. as in there is not a second one of a different character there is no second cover at all.
  • PUM_SPAK
    PUM_SPAK Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I am in the same boat as the englady66 and karlosdj. At least twice over the weekend I opened a token, was shown Patch ( my only "hearted" 3-star ), and then another bonus / gold heart Patch cover. Yet when I checked my queue, only one new Patch. icon_cry.gif

Perhaps I'm not actually getting a bonus cover at all, yet when I get my "hearted" character as a normal award, a bug is incorrectly triggering the bonus graphics?

In any event, we would be well served to hoard until Devs comment on this.
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    PUM-SPAK wrote:
    I am in the same boat as the englady66 and karlosdj. At least twice over the weekend I opened a token, was shown Patch ( my only "hearted" 3-star ), and then another bonus / gold heart Patch cover. Yet when I checked my queue, only one new Patch. icon_cry.gif

Perhaps I'm not actually getting a bonus cover at all, yet when I get my "hearted" character as a normal award, a bug is incorrectly triggering the bonus graphics?

In any event, we would be well served to hoard until Devs comment on this.

For me, I've seen Dr. Strange as my bonus and showing up twice. When I go to my covers queue, I have my bonus Strange, but the first 3* (that wasn't shown when opening the token) is there. So, I think you're still getting your bonus cover, it's just that the 3* you receive that triggers the bonus cover isn't shown when the token is opened, just when you look at your cover queue.
  • aclink13
    aclink13 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    This has happened to me twice now with the same character. I pulled a 3star Thanos a few days ago and then again a Thanos this morning about 745 am EST. Both times I also got the Favorite (heart) additional Thanos behind it. However neither time did the additional card appear in my roster.
    I appreciate the time and attention to this matter thank you.
    aclink13
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you have any open roster spots? If you get a new character from a token and have an open roster spot, the new character gets added to your roster automatically I believe. Could explain why some covers aren't in your queue.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    CrookedKnight's description on this issue is correct, it might appear you've received two comic covers for your favorite characters, but this is purely a visual error which occurs. You will need to check your roster to see the correct Comic Cover that was earned due to the issue described.

Regarding the inquiry of actually getting these Bonus Heroes comic covers, keep in mind there is only a 5% chance (or 8% chance for special purchases) that you will receive a Bonus Heroes comic cover when you earn a 3-star or higher comic cover from a non-vault token. 1-star characters and 2-star characters do not give Bonus Heroes comic covers.

Hope this information helps!
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey Guys, sorry 'bout the confusion. To clarify, this problem is purely visual in nature. What's happening is that the Comic Cover you would receive before the Bonus Heroes is incorrectly being displayed as the Comic Cover earned from the Bonus Heroes feature, making it appear as if you received two of them. If you wish to see the correct Comic Cover that was earned, you should be able to see it in your pending rewards.

So if you see that you received two of the same characters in a row, and one of them is a Bonus Heroes character, keep in mind it's likely to have been a visual error with the first cover. I assure you that the developers are aware of this visual error, and are working to resolve the problem.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    This isn't just a visual issue. A player opening only standard tokens ended up with an odd number of 3 star.png s, which shouldn't be possible under the bonus hero system as described. Covers are disappearing, even if most of the time it's just a display issue.