Bonus Hero bug (merged threads) [Fix in R123]

Comments

• dmeleedy
    dmeleedy Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    I discovered the same bug with 2 3* strange covers. Only had 1 in the queue. I reported this with the bug notification system. I suggest everyone with this problem do the same.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got the same twice, Thanos and IF. Didn't notice what I got instead, but only noticed I only got 1 of each when the animation showed 2 of each.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Yep, I got a black Carol and a bonus Black Carol and when I went to apply one of them was suddenly a green Gwenpool. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Happened to me too. Opened a Heroic token, got the 4* flash, was shown a Red Hulk cover and then Another Red Hulk cover. The first one turned out to be Peggy Carter, so I didn't exactly mind the switch...
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    This is a bit of a variation on the wonkiness we're getting on bonus heroes. I pulled a standard token I received from a lightning round and received a Thanos black. The only 3-star I have bonused is IM40 and I did not receive a second 3-star.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Same issue here! I´ve opened an elite token which gave me a Sentry cover with another Sentry cover as bonus. After looking in my queue it turned out that the initial cover wasn´t for Sentry but for Thanos.
  • Red_phoenixx
    Red_phoenixx Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I've had that problem twice now. In fact , just a few minutes ago it showed 2 extra Dr strange for bonus, which I thought that perhaps it was making up for the miss they didn't give me last night, but again only 1 in my cache. Hope they fix soon.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    Happened to me too. Opened a Heroic token, got the 4* flash, was shown a Red Hulk cover and then Another Red Hulk cover. The first one turned out to be Peggy Carter, so I didn't exactly mind the switch...

I thought I was going crazy, until I saw others experiencing this issue. By the luck of of a miracle, I pulled a 4 star off a Heroic token. When it initially opened, it showed Moon Knight (who has now been vaulted), then another Moon Knight bonus showed up.

Upon immediately checking my roster queue, I saw a Peggy Carter blue cover and the Moon Knight purple cover. FYI: Moon Knight is one (1) of vaulted characters that I had favorited. No complaints here, both covers were most wanted and needed, and certainly welcome with open arms!!!
  • Same here with Wolverine 3*, but slightly different:

-open a token elite
    -animation ... yay, a wolverine 3*
    -animation bonus
    - another wolverine (only one i <3 )
    -and then another animation bonus and a third wolverine appeared

I received one wolverine 3* and kamala khan. :/
  • This has happened to me twice on the Steam version.

A few days ago I pulled Strange 3Star and a 'bonus' of the same, but in my claim pile it was a cover of Rocket and Groot. Today I pulled Iron Fist and a 'bonus' Iron Fist, but again it was a Rocket and Groot cover.

Now, both Strange and Iron Fist are currently in my favorites, but Rocket and Groot isn't. Yet both my bonuses were the same cover. Hope this is fixed soon, doesn't really seem a reason to even mark anything as a favorite.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is my understanding that you do not automatically get the bonus hero when you pull a 3*. You have a chance at getting a bonus hero.

You will NOT get a bonus hero every time.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems this thread is a dupe of viewtopic.php?f=9&t=61211

Brigby marked that one as [Devs Aware]
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    It is my understanding that you do not automatically get the bonus hero when you pull a 3*. You have a chance at getting a bonus hero.

You will NOT get a bonus hero every time.

Your understanding is probably what is actually happening, but that differs from what Brigby said should happen.

posting.php?mode=quote&f=7&p=644077
    Brigby wrote:
    What is the Chance to Get a Bonus Hero?
    Each single cover pack has a 5% chance to get a Bonus Hero. Each draw from a 10x and 40x cover pack has a 8% chance to get Bonus Hero. Every time you pull a 3-Star from a Standard Pack you will get an additional 3-Star Bonus Hero.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Happened twice to me now

First time I got a thanos and bonus thanos but was a different character who I can't recall.

Just now I got thanos and bonus thanos but it appeared as a black widow 3*
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    That was my understanding as well, every 3-star you pull from standards automatically grants a bonus hero as well. I've had three 3-stars pulled from standards since BHs were introduces and all three gave a bonus hero as well. I understand that isn't a massive sample size but was consistent with what Brigby posted. Last night was the first time I did not receive a bonus hero after getting a 3-star in a standard token.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hm... this definitely does seem strange. If you would like, I'd recommend contacting the Customer Support team so they can see what might have happened.

They should be able to get to the bottom of this without too much trouble.
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    I got lucky with two bonus hero draws this morning, but they never appeared in my cover que. I thought it was odd that I received a Dr. Strange from an elite token, then a bonus Dr. Strange. Then pulled ANOTHER Dr. Strange that led to another bonus Dr. Strange. But only 2 Dr. Strange covers were in my inventory after all of that.

(I apologize for saying Dr. Strange so much.)
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems this issue is just a visual error regarding the first token. The Bonus Heroes Comic Cover you're receiving is displayed over the actual character you're getting.

So while this looks like you're getting two of the same Comic Covers from your Recruit Tokens, in truth the first is wrongly displayed as the second.
  • Rika
    Rika Posts: 20
    Almost nothing in this game seems to work at the moment, or rather since the last update.

I just tried to use the in-game contact form two times, every time it crashed or failed. Thanks for wasting 30 minutes of my life.

Now to the original complaint:
    I traded in 3 Heroic Tokens. Pulled a 3* Magneto, who currently is my only 3* Bonus Hero. The pull triggered a Bonus Cover which looked like another 3* Magneto. When I checked the queue, however, I received only one Magneto and a Scarlet Witch cover. Nothing against SWitch, she is great, but I want Magneto, as I'm only missing one blue cover to champ him.
  • WaterFire
    WaterFire Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Happening to me every time I get a bonus