Bonus Hero bug (merged threads) [Fix in R123]

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
I don't know if this is MPQ acting up or my girl's wifi being goofy, but twice tonight I've had a 3* pull followed by a Bonus Hero of the same character, and when I went to my queue, I had one of the character pulled, and a second cover of an entirely different hero who was not among my selected Bonus Heroes.

Anybody else seeing this?

Moderator note, 21 March 2017:

This is a known bug and will be fixed in the next app update, R123. [Edit: this is update is now out.]

Brigby wrote:
(Fixed in R123) The Bonus Hero comic displays twice instead of both the original comic cover and the Bonus Hero

The bug does not cause you to lose any cover rewards! What does happen is that it misreports what rewards you are receiving when a bonus hero is also pulled. Instead of showing you the random cover you would have pulled, followed by the bonus hero cover, it shows you the bonus hero as if it was the first pull and then shows it to you again as the bonus cover. When you look at your pending covers, you find the bonus cover and whatever cover you had actually pulled originally.

Note: Some players are reporting they do not have the "hidden" cover when they look at rewards, just a single copy of the bonus hero. If you see this, keep in mind that if you have an open roster slot and pull your first cover for a given character, it might have gone directly into your roster. See if you have a new 1-cover character of the same tier as the bonus hero. If you don't and are still certain you have lost a cover reward, please open a support ticket with full details.

Merging several threads on this issue and making this one sticky, because it keeps generating new threads.

Comments

• Manaka
    Manaka Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Same thing happened to me earlier tonight. From a standard token, I opened Thano3 into bonus Thano3 (Thano3 is set as my only 3 star bonus). When I went to my rewards queue, there was a single Thano3 and an Iron Man 40, IM40 was set as my 3 star bonus several days ago.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup, new bug. Got two yellow Luke Cage, but the bonus was actually Cap Marvel
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    The game showed I pulled a Black Bolt and got a bonus Black Bolt from a Latest Legends. This is impossible since Black Bolt is not in the Latest.

Dr. Strange and Black Bolt were the covers I really received.

It looks like the artwork for the Bonus Cover is overwriting the first cover drawn.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Confirmed. I got two Thanos 3* cover animations but received a Thanos (my bonus) and a Loki (which I assume should have been the first cover to show).
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    More order of operations fun. I can't wait until the day we start a match and see the victory or loss banner before the first move.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Same here.... 3 times with Thanos_Icon.pngdrstrange_icon.pngicon_ironman.png

but in my queue I found icon_daredevil.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_falcon.png

my only favourites 3 star.png are drstrange_icon.pngicon_ironman.png

it's weird icon_cry.gif
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,714 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not weird. It's broken. Devs need to respond if you are getting heroes as a bonus that you did not pick. They don't need more bad press with this system.

I can't confirm or deny, as I have pulled no bonus since the update.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Yep, just happened to me too, and from a standard token no less. Screen showed an iron fist, followed by a 2nd iron fist (which is correct, as he's my bonus 3*) ...went to apply the covers and saw a yellow panther and an iron fist. Whatevs, that's fine, but yea...definitely broken.
  • MpqTron
    MpqTron Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Yup. Happened to me twice with 3's.

Pulled a strange into another strange and a thor into another thor.

I ended up with a strange and a switch
    And a thor and a loki.

Definitely bugged
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Must be this from the Google Play Store
    WHAT'S NEW
    MPQ 122!
    "Waves Piling On"
    VIP Streaks now properly award when renewing
    VIP Status Game no longer incorrectly tries to support landscape mode
    Fixed a Facebook loading screen issue
    Fixes to Bonus Heroes
    Improved passive and countdown tile effect timing
    - Bug Fixes and Character Balance Changes
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf wrote:
    It's not weird. It's broken. Devs need to respond if you are getting heroes as a bonus that you did not pick. They don't need more bad press with this system.

I can't confirm or deny, as I have pulled no bonus since the update.

Thing is, in thinking about it, two of them were characters I have selected as bonus heroes; it's just that those two are the ones who displayed on each pull. The ones who aren't bonus heroes are the ones who mysteriously showed up in place of one of the covers.
  • Syleye
    Syleye Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    I'm on Steam and had the same thing happen with Thor
  • M C K
    M C K Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Android here...looks like my token pull artwork was overwritten by the bonus cover, not the other way around. Imagine my surprise, pulling two red Peggys (Peggies?) and discovering one of them was actually a yellow Agent Venom. Ugh.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    seems from the reporting that there is a correlation here.

The first cover pulled is often (incorrectly) being displayed as the same as the bonus. Also it seems to be happening with Thano3 more often than any other bonus hero
  • Manaka
    Manaka Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Or it seems to be happening more often with Thano3 because many people have him set as their only 3 star bonus, 'cus he kicks tinykitty tinykitty!
  • BCblue27
    BCblue27 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I had a similar experience. Pulled a 4* Thor from Classic Legends then another of the same immediately following as a Bonus Hero Reward. Went into my rewards queue and it was only a single Thor and a 4* Captain Marvel.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:
    I don't know if this is MPQ acting up or my girl's wifi being goofy, but twice tonight I've had a 3* pull followed by a Bonus Hero of the same character, and when I went to my queue, I had one of the character pulled, and a second cover of an entirely different hero who was not among my selected Bonus Heroes.

Anybody else seeing this?

Happened to me also.
    Pulled a Dr Strange got a bonus Dr Strange.
    When I come to level him up only one cover available. icon_e_sad.gif
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I can't wait to see the outrage when someone thinks they've gotten two OML they needed from Bonus Heroes...and its something else icon_lol.gif
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Happened here also. Two Thanos shown but a luke cage in queue.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Happened twice here 3* and 4*.

The bonus hero cover is showing as the initial cover pulled AND the bonus.