Bonus Hero bug (merged threads) [Fix in R123]

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This isn't just a visual issue. A player opening only standard tokens ended up with an odd number of 3 star.png s, which shouldn't be possible under the bonus hero system as described. Covers are disappearing, even if most of the time it's just a display issue.
    Keep in mind, if you have an open roster slot and you pulled your first cover for another 3* character, it would have gone directly into your roster. This would explain the seemingly missing cover in rewards.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Basically what DavyBane said, it's plausible that the 3-star character was automatically recruited without knowing. If you want to make sure, I would recommend contacting our Customer Support Team and they can take a closer look. (You can submit a support ticket: Here)
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Bonus Heroes

Frequently Asked Questions!

What is the Chance to Get a Bonus Hero?
    Each single cover pack has a 5% chance to get a Bonus Hero. Each draw from a 10x and 40x cover pack has a 8% chance to get Bonus Hero. Every time you pull a 3-Star from a Standard Pack you will get an additional 3-Star Bonus Hero.

Ever since the mess up of the display of pulling double characters for the Bonus characters, I haven't received a bonus character despite pulling 3* from Standard packs (3/14 was my last Bonus Character). That's a pretty long dry run. Is something up with the bonus character process? I did change phones but that was only 3 days ago... and that fixed my facebook sharing issue where I wasn't getting any facebook gifts for well over a year. I've been pulling a lot of 2* Thor too... very weird.

What do your Bonus Character draws look like?
  • This may be a new bug aside from the visual bug.

I only have 5* Thanos selected as my bonus hero and I purchased a "Latest Legends" with 25 command points. I received a 4* Luke Cage (what I got from the pull) and a 4* Venom Eddie Brock (as my Bonus hero). I did not have 4* Venom Eddie Brock selected my bonus hero.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    This may be a new bug aside from the visual bug.

I only have 5* Thanos selected as my bonus hero and I purchased a "Latest Legends" with 25 command points. I received a 4* Luke Cage (what I got from the pull) and a 4* Venom Eddie Brock (as my Bonus hero). I did not have 4* Venom Eddie Brock selected my bonus hero.
    Your Bonus Hero will always be the same rarity as the initial character that you pull, therefore you will only receive 5* Thanos if you initially pull a 5*. In your case, since your initial pull was 4* Luke Cage, your Bonus Hero was a random 4*, because you did not have a 4* selected.
  • I know that people are saying this is just a display bug, but I'm sorry, it isn't. The first time I had something like this happen, I just thought I was seeing things, but today it's clear to me, I am not.

Had two basic tokens that I popped this morning. First one procced a 1* Spiderman.... Second one procced a 3* Strange, purple... Wooosh.. immediately get a bonus draw, and 3* strange is my only 3* I have as a bonus draw...

Got a second 3* Strange.. Cool.

Go into my covers available, and all I see are the ones I had before (3* Hawkguy, 3* window), and the 1* Spiderman I just drew.... And a single 3* Strange.

No, I have no available slots for a cover to be magically placed into... No it's not a display bug... The cover simply didn't appear.

Now I wonder if that extra Medusa I procced a few days ago wasn't just me seeing things, and I wonder if I lost that cover too.

*Frustrated*
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Bonus Heroes

Frequently Asked Questions!

What is the Chance to Get a Bonus Hero?
    Each single cover pack has a 5% chance to get a Bonus Hero. Each draw from a 10x and 40x cover pack has a 8% chance to get Bonus Hero. Every time you pull a 3-Star from a Standard Pack you will get an additional 3-Star Bonus Hero.

Ever since the mess up of the display of pulling double characters for the Bonus characters, I haven't received a bonus character despite pulling 3* from Standard packs (3/14 was my last Bonus Character). That's a pretty long dry run. Is something up with the bonus character process? I did change phones but that was only 3 days ago... and that fixed my facebook sharing issue where I wasn't getting any facebook gifts for well over a year. I've been pulling a lot of 2* Thor too... very weird.

What do your Bonus Character draws look like?
    I pulled one from a standard pack on the 20th, but it's probably been about 8-10 days since I've gotten one from anything else. Here's my tracking sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I'm currently on a run of 36 standards with no bonus, which is not crazy, but the other types of tokens are way off from where they've been the last couple of weeks.

Elite: 58 in a row with no bonus, the last coming about 7-8 days ago.
    Heroic: 35 in a row with no bonus, the last coming on the 14th. Previous runs for bonuses from Heroic tokens were 15, 8, and 11 pulls, so the 35 is quite anomalous (and is also obviously way more than 20).

Other tokens have not reached the threshold of 20 yet and so are not statistically anomalous.

But the bottom line is that I've gone from 4 bonus heroes in the first week and 5 each of the next two weeks to 0 so far this week.
  • Aweberman
    Update: After my previous post and before opening my season 10-pack, I decided to reinstall the game, as this has frequently solved problems in the past. I have subsequently gotten 5 bonus heroes in the last 16 hours:

- one from a standard (on the 39th pull)
    - two from heroics (on the 44th pull -- a 4* -- and then the 2nd pull after that)
    - one from a legendary (on the 8th pull)
    - one in my 10-pack

Relatedly (?), my intercepts fell of a cliff. The last five days have been as follows:

- 16 intercepts in 57 matches
    - 7 in 15
    - 8 in 20
    - 11 in 37
    - 12 in 52

And then today has been 6 in 54 which is about half of what I've been getting. So if I reinstall again, will that fix the intercept problem and break the bonus heroes again?
  • Dayv
    Aweberman wrote:
    Other tokens have not reached the threshold of 20 yet and so are not statistically anomalous.
    It's good that you have a statistical threshold, but I feel like 20 is low by at least a couple orders of magnitude.
  • Aweberman
    DayvBang wrote:
    Aweberman wrote:
    It's good that you have a statistical threshold, but I feel like 20 is low by at least a couple orders of magnitude.
    Based on the stated 5% rate.
  • Psychlore wrote:
    I know that people are saying this is just a display bug, but I'm sorry, it isn't. The first time I had something like this happen, I just thought I was seeing things, but today it's clear to me, I am not.

Had two basic tokens that I popped this morning. First one procced a 1* Spiderman.... Second one procced a 3* Strange, purple... Wooosh.. immediately get a bonus draw, and 3* strange is my only 3* I have as a bonus draw...

Got a second 3* Strange.. Cool.

Go into my covers available, and all I see are the ones I had before (3* Hawkguy, 3* window), and the 1* Spiderman I just drew.... And a single 3* Strange.

No, I have no available slots for a cover to be magically placed into... No it's not a display bug... The cover simply didn't appear.

Now I wonder if that extra Medusa I procced a few days ago wasn't just me seeing things, and I wonder if I lost that cover too.

*Frustrated*

Have had exactly the same thing happen 3 times in the past couple of weeks. Reported twice only to be told by "support " that it's a graphical glitch. They just refuse to acknowledge that the bonus covers aren't being awarded when they should.
  • mgc
    mgc Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Have had exactly the same thing happen 3 times in the past couple of weeks. Reported twice only to be told by "support " that it's a graphical glitch. They just refuse to acknowledge that the bonus covers aren't being awarded when they should.
    Same here. And those have been the only bonus draws I've seen in 2-3 weeks, though I play daily. I'm not a big fan of support ignoring my actual description of the issue and explaining that a different problem isn't actually a problem.
  • OrangeDog wrote:

Heard back from support today, and now they're claiming the original cover was a Kamala Khan, and the bonus was actually the 3* Strange.

They're correct in stating I popped a Kamala Khan that morning, it was acquired the night before.

But let's humor them... So if it was a Kamala Khan, then we now have a third bug... Showing the bonus draw as the non bonus draw.

So now we have reports of regular draws showing as the bonus... The bonus showing as the regular... And covers not appearing at all.

See, I'd not be so irate, right now, if they could simply own up to it, and say: "Yeah, there's something screwy going on, but we're not sure what it is. The bonus draw system is something we're still working thru, we apologize if it's not working the way we hoped."

I didn't pay for the bonus token I drew off of, but if I had, I'd be raging. Right now, however just aggravated at the responses.

That said, until this whole strangeness is squared away, I'll be suspending any purchases.
  • Flax22
    Flax22 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    The same for me... no more Bonus heroes since week...
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Bonus heroes are really rare, but I can't blame anyone; if there's a 5% chance, it means it will come rarely.

Two days ago I pulled a 3* Captain Marvel, and it showed to me twice (so, bonus Captain Marvel!), but in my treasure room I found one Dr. Strange and one bonus Captain Marvel.
    Not a big problem, just strange. (ha-ha)
  • WuJenZ
    WuJenZ Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Post patch, this is still broken. It doesn't show duplicates anymore, but I still got a "bonus" cover for a hero that I did NOT favorite. To date, I have received 5 "bonus" covers and NOT a single once has been for a hero that I favorited. Totally useless.
  • Dayv
    WuJenZ wrote:
    Post patch, this is still broken. It doesn't show duplicates anymore, but I still got a "bonus" cover for a hero that I did NOT favorite. To date, I have received 5 "bonus" covers and NOT a single once has been for a hero that I favorited. Totally useless.
    If you do not have a character of a given tier favorited, when you draw a bonus character of that tier, your extra cover is determined randomly. So if you don't favorite any 3* covers, for example, you'll get random 3* bonus covers.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    WuJenZ wrote:
    If you do not have a character of a given tier favorited, when you draw a bonus character of that tier, your extra cover is determined randomly. So if you don't favorite any 3* covers, for example, you'll get random 3* bonus covers.

Don't think that this is what was implied - I think the inference, once again, was the the whole Bonus Heroes system isn't working, and that frustrations at formulaic responses and suggestions that people haven't done the basics (such as mark covers as favourites) are high.
  • Dayv
    OrangeDog wrote:
    Don't think that this is what was implied - I think the inference, once again, was the the whole Bonus Heroes system isn't working, and that frustrations at formulaic responses and suggestions that people haven't done the basics (such as mark covers as favourites) are high.
    I'm not sure you're reading the same comment that I did.
  • Dayv
    Patch has been out a day now and bug is resolved, this thread no longer needs to be sticky.