** Bullseye (Dark Avengers Hawkeye) ** [PRE 2015-05]

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just thought of this in another thread, but thought it deserved to be said twice.

What if he had a 3rd ability that would make it easier for him to generate that Black AP?
    Perhaps something like:

Diabolical Trap: greenflag.png 9AP
    Bullseye lays a trap for his foes, using civilians as the bait. Creates a trap tile that when matched by the opposing team steals AP and converts it to Black AP. If Bullseye's team matches the trap, generates 1 Black AP.
    Upgrades: Steals more AP (up to 8).

While thinking of that, I realized that people wouldn't have as much a problem with Bullseye's protect tiles IF it was worded differently. In that Spirit I give you his "NEW" purple:

Meat Shield: purpleflag.png (Passive)
    A true psychopath and coward, Bullseye uses civilians to protect himself. If there are fewer than 3 friendly Purple Protect tiles, create one whenever anyone matches Purple tiles.

Gameplay wise, it's the same power. But it feels so much more BULLSEYE.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Wanted to retract my previous statements. I sold him. He's finally powered up for PVE and his protect tiles are a worthless 61 strength! Complete garbage. Sold.
  • So :
    If you have already him at lvl 80 or more, don't sell him. Keep him and use him for the low battles in Versus events or simulator or whatever else to make combo hits and defense.
    I personnally use him often in the "3 chars" battles, not in the "2 chars" battles (where you can't choose the first).

Since he only goes up to 78, you are saying sell him no matter what.
  • He is an ok guy with MN Mags+Mawkeye. But just ok, not more. He tanks for green and black. If you collect purple and black from the start, you can use Polarity Exchange to activate Speed Shot and also align two critical tiles to use with Murderous Aim for maximum damage. He also creates protect tiles when anyone matches purple. His protect tiles are weak but still some synergy with MN Mags apart from the setup for Murderous Aim. If he gets a third ability in the future, he might tank for purple as well.
  • Bullseye is under rated, especially when buffed. Slap him on a team in BoP with OBW and Ares, and barring unlucky cascades, you have a team you have fight 5-6 matches with not using a healthpack. He's also on most of my team compositions in the current pve that have heros (as opposed to ones with just goons), as reducing match damage to 1 is a pretty healthy benefit combined with OBW's ability to keep powers from firing. He's a niche character, but one I'm glad i haven't sold.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Bullseye does a big fat zero to prevent enemy ABILITIES where the damage is in (not match damage! even lvl 395 1* guys with their hugest match damage can't kill 3* teams with match damage alone before they have enough AP) so please please never put ISO into him if you are thinking of that. It's better spent elsewhere.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Of course people can make Bullseye work like that crazy guy made Bag-Man 'work' against Sentry by boosting Bag-Man with the expensive all AP boosts (even I never buy them, and I have 13k HP), but if you are going to make a 2* work, pick someone better than Bullkitty, all the 2* covers are easily available. Please. Save your slots and ISO for better characters.
  • Is Bullseye meant to just stand there when activating Murderous Aim?
    No raise bow and actually aim at the enemy like 2* Hawkeye?
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Who is this Bullseye?
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    Who is this Bullseye?

I think he is that one guy who uses his bow as a shield because his arrows are so expensive.
  • LOL...in all seriousness...I dont think Bullseye has to aim. Isn't obscene/effortless accuracy his ability?
  • Brochacho wrote:
    LOL...in all seriousness...I dont think Bullseye has to aim. Isn't obscene/effortless accuracy his ability?
    16 black AP. Quite effortless indeed icon_lol.gif

I think it should cost 12. All it does place 2 crits anyway. Strange. Why didn't I think about this before?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Since the 2 ability characters have been getting love (Daken, Loki, Doom - it's presumed Ragnarok and ultimately Bullseye will as well)....

What should Bullseye's third ability be? I say it should be another passive, but a good one. "I never miss" is what I propose. when fully covered, it generates a crit tile whenever he matches 4 in his primary colors and grants another turn.

1 Cover. Generate crit tile whenever 4 green are matched.
    2 Cover. Generate crit tile whenever 4 purple are matched.
    3 Cover. Generate crit tile whenever 4 black are matched.
    4 Cover. Generate crit tile whenever 4 team-up tiles are matched.
    5 Cover. treated as a five of a kind - free turn.

He could also do a fury-like shot that destroys tiles and leaves a bomb-like countdown tile. Call it something like Contract Kill, or something.

I dunno. Thoughts? Oh. How about a "anything's a weapon with me" ability that destroys his protect tiles and does damage per. It'd be the Daken-like ability. Cheap. Green. Does something fun like generates black tiles..

Anyway. Name Bullseye's new ability, just for giggles.
  • Would make it the most valuable 5 cover ability in the entire game haha.
  • It would make his black more useful icon_e_smile.gif. I think the amount of crit tiles made by doing this has to be limited in some way. Maybe 1 time every 5 turns? Speaking of tht, he could have a passive ability which generates a crit tile every someodd turns and then reduce black ability cost then he great 2star
  • Any chance of a 3rd power for Bullseye? They've been buffing a lot of the two ability character's recently.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    They may get around to him eventually. I don't know if they would have redone Daken if it hadn't been for LazyDaken coming out. If they want a black AP generator in the 3* meta, LazyEye would be a decent place to put it: He's got a strong passive defense power (especially scaled up to 3*, ugh) and a very strong (if high-cost) black power.

I suggested a number of possible abilities for his 3rd color here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2257&p=221417#p221417

Here's a passive that wouldn't push him into OP territory (e.g Chemical Reaction for 5 AP) but also might be quite nice.
    greenflag.pngUnrelenting (Passive)
      Whenever Bullseye matches a defense tile, he spends 1 purple AP and generates 1 black AP. Level 2: Unrelenting activates when any teammate makes a match. Level 3: Generate 1 black AP whenever you match a defense tile. (No longer depletes Purple AP) Level 4: Generate 1 black AP and deal minor damage to the enemy team. Level 5: Generate 1 black AP and deal minor damage to the enemy team whenever a defense tile is matched by
    either team.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    ErikPeter wrote:
    They may get around to him eventually. I don't know if they would have redone Daken if it hadn't been for LazyDaken coming out. If they want a black AP generator in the 3* meta, LazyEye would be a decent place to put it: He's got a strong passive defense power (especially scaled up to 3*, ugh) and a very strong (if high-cost) black power.

I suggested a number of possible abilities for his 3rd color here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2257&p=221417#p221417

Here's a passive that wouldn't push him into OP territory (e.g Chemical Reaction for 5 AP) but also might be quite nice.
    greenflag.pngUnrelenting (Passive)
      Whenever Bullseye matches a defense tile, he spends 1 purple AP and generates 1 black AP. Level 2: Unrelenting activates when any teammate makes a match. Level 3: Generate 1 black AP whenever you match a defense tile. (No longer depletes Purple AP) Level 4: Generate 1 black AP and deal minor damage to the enemy team. Level 5: Generate 1 black AP and deal minor damage to the enemy team whenever a defense tile is matched by
    either team.

Not bad! Make it work on purple matches when fully covered. Then we are talking. The reason I say that, is that Daken went from laughable to top 10 MUST-HAVE. And with the advent of a revised Daredevil as well as Elektra, it's PAST TIME that Bullseye gets some love.
  • I suggest adding a third power to Bullseye

Arrow Stab
    POWER COST redtile.png 11
    No bow, no problem. Bullseye lunges forward, arrow in hand, clearing a selected column and dealing damage (but not generating AP).

Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 3: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 4: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 5: Also clears a row. Costs 2 AP more.

This way he'd become quite effective anti-goon board control character.
This discussion has been closed.