** Bullseye (Dark Avengers Hawkeye) ** [PRE 2015-05]

[anchor=bullseye2]Bullseye (Dark Avengers Hawkeye)[/anchor]
2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) Discussion link
At Max Level: HP: 4361 Tile damage: 10/09/11/55/43/49/4.5
    Adamantium Bones - Purple Passive
    (PASSIVE) Bullseye’s skeleton is infused with the strongest metal on earth. If there are fewer than 3 friendly Purple Protect tiles, create one whenever anyone matches Purple tiles.
      Level 2: Creates up to 4 Protect tiles. Level 3: Creates up to 5 Protect tiles. Level 4: Creates up to 7 Protect tiles. Level 5: No cap on Protect tiles.
    Max Level: Damage reduced by 37 per Protecttile
      Murderous Aim - Black 18 AP
      Bullseye has really taken to this bow and arrow shtick. Turns a selected (non-Countdown) tile into a Critical tile and deals 1000 damage if there are now 4 or more Critical tiles.
        Level 2: Costs 1 AP less. Level 3: Damage if 3 or more Critical tiles. Level 4: Costs 1 AP less. Level 5: Creates 2 Critical tiles. Damage if 4 or more Critical tiles.
      Max Level: 7300 damage
        Deadly Precision - 11 greentile.png
        Bullseye lets loose a torrent of projectiles, weakening his opponent for the final blow. Destroys 3 chosen basic tiles and deals 33 damage. Destroyed tiles don't deal damage or generate AP.
          Level 2: Deals 50 damage. Level 3: Destroys 4 chosen tiles. Level 4: Deals 83 damage. Level 5: Destroys 5 chosen tiles and deals 137 damage.
        Max Level: 712 damage

Original Post:
        Aiolia wrote:
        Anyone have a high level bulleye im curious how Murderous aim can deal with 4 critical tile or have anyone use murderous aim before ?

Comments

• Aiolia wrote:
          Anyone have a high level bulleye im curious how Murderous aim can deal with 4 critical tile or have anyone use murderous aim before ?

Mine's at 69 (MAX) but I haven't yet managed to get out 4 critical tiles. The description reads 7300 damage if there are now 4 or more critical tiles.
        • bullseye needs like a 15X environmental or something, how the hell is he supposed to get 4 crits on the map
        • DumDumDugn wrote:
          bullseye needs like a 15X environmental or something, how the hell is he supposed to get 4 crits on the map
          Combo

Dr doom as tanker, bulleyes as dps, magneto support.

Magneto (marvel now!)

Polarity Shift
          Power Cost Purple 11 AP
          Magneto uses the sheer force of magnetism to reconfigure the battlefield. Changes 3 selected basic color tiles to Blue.
          Level Upgrades

Level 2: Costs 1 AP less.
          Level 3: +1 tile affected (total 4).
          Level 4: Costs 1 AP less.
          Level 5: +1 tile affected (total 5).

Dr doom (classic)

Technopathic Strike
          Power Cost Blue 9 AP
          Doctor Doom lashes out with his sinister inventions, swaying the battle in his favor. Transforms 6 basic Blue tiles to Black tiles.
          Level Upgrades

Level 2: Transforms 7 tiles.
          Level 3: Transforms 8 tiles.
          Level 4: Transforms 9 tiles.
          Level 5: Transforms all basic Blue tiles.

Bullseye

Adamantium Bones
          Purple Passive
          (PASSIVE) Bullseye’s skeleton is infused with the strongest metal on earth. If there are fewer than 3 friendly Purple Protect tiles, create one whenever anyone matches Purple tiles.
          Level Upgrades

Level 2: Creates up to 4 Protect tiles.
          Level 3: Creates up to 5 Protect tiles.
          Level 4: Creates up to 7 Protect tiles.
          Level 5: No cap on Protect tiles.

Adamantium Bones (defense) >support > Polarity Shift (match 5 create crit tile) > support> Technopathic Strike (create random chance of crit tile) > support> Murderous aim

(I suggest this to be one turn kill than 7300 as 4 critical tile is not easy to contain)
        • Bugpop wrote:
          Aiolia wrote:

Mine's at 69 (MAX) but I haven't yet managed to get out 4 critical tiles. The description reads 7300 damage if there are now 4 or more critical tiles.

Do me a favour what is the defense of bulleyes shield at max.
        • DumDumDugn wrote:
          bullseye needs like a 15X environmental or something, how the hell is he supposed to get 4 crits on the map

The obvious synergy is with Dark Widow who creates crit tiles, but that ability is also black and also expensive, so forget it. icon_cry.gif

Characters that can custom-change tile colors (Grey Widow, Cap, Classic Magneto) are probably your best bet, but even then, yeah...probably not worth it.

Bullseye is actually not that terrible a character if you're forced to use Dark Avengers only, but otherwise, yeah, he's hard to justify.

None of the bow-and-arrow guys seem really good at the moment...
        • In the IM40 and current Thor tournament, I get so many purple and black tiles I wish I could use them. I've been able to use Hawkeye and Bullseye to toss out crit tiles to make critical matches for 3k to 9k damage. It was easier in the IM 40 tournament. It's hard to get enough tiles to use their abilities in the Thor tournament.
        • Aiolia wrote:
          Bugpop wrote:
          Aiolia wrote:

Do me a favour what is the defense of bulleyes shield at max.

Shield is 37
        • I was also questioning the 4-critical to damage...
          When have you ever witnessed 4 critical tiles on a board at once?!
          They're so volatile, they pretty much have to be placed/generated all at once...

I suppose that you could conceivably save up double the purple, allowing Bullseye to place 4 criticals all at once...
          ...but sadly, matches rarely last that long...

...i've leveled up Bullseye substantially, but doubt if I'll ever witness the 4-crit damage ability... icon_cry.gif
        • The question is how exactly that ability works, I never tried so I can't tell.
          If it places 2 crit tiles first and then them game checks whether there are 4 crit tiles on board, then essentially you need only 2 crit tiles for damage to fire off.
        • Oh man, I meant to test that during the widow weekend tournament. In the lab setting if you managed to match a critical tile to the lab tiles, you'd have 400 env AP with Black Widow's boosted 11 AP per env tile boost. 40 AP will place a random critical tile. I was thinking I should check out bullseye.
        • Dormammu
          Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
          3* Magneto can get 2 crit tiles on the board with his blue power pretty easily. He only places two blue tiles, but it's not uncommon to get a favorable board where he can match 5 blue tiles in a row, or do an 'L' shaped corner of six tiles. Because of the low AP cost ( 6AP at level four, 5AP at level five) you get enough AP back to do it multiple times in a row if you can keep matching.

3* Magneto/Widow and Ragnarok is probably the dream team to pair Bullseye with:

Get Magneto classic his blue AP. At level four, this is only a couple matches (5-6AP). Next up is max-red Ragnarok. Get around 6-8 red AP and start hammering out his red strike, which doesn't take long to fill the screen with green tiles. Often you'll obtain natural crit tiles amidst the cascades Ragnarok generates - it's not uncommon to get 2-3 crit tiles from all the chaos if you have enough red color to keep doing it. Hopefully they're not in the middle two rows, because once you have those crit tiles in place use Ragnarok's green attack (you'll have earned enough green AP to do it at least a couple times) to clear out the middle of the board and look for opportunities to generate more crits with Magneto's blue power.

Widow makes it even easier. Though her purple skill is more expensive in AP, when it's maxed she places 6 green tiles. It's not hard to get as many crit tiles as you need after Raganrok has filled the board with green. (It's also important to note that Widow can't transform environmental tiles with her power, but Magneto can.)

The Magneto path is cheaper and quicker to get the initial AP you need, but the Widow path is a bit more reliable. It won't happen every time, and you need to get your color in-place beforehand, but I promise you'll see 4 crit tiles before you know it.
        • Marvel Now mageto (2 star) can place several blue tiles similar to g.widow deceptive tactics
        • Dormammu
          Bugpop wrote:
          Marvel Now mageto (2 star) can place several blue tiles similar to g.widow deceptive tactics

Yes he can, but it's hard for him to get multiple crit tiles in one turn because it's a purple skill and won't self-regenerate AP (like classic Magneto) and there isn't anyone who can fill the board with blue, like Ragnarok can for Widow's green placement.
        • by the time if there is 4 crit tile on board.[only happen in env tile with buffed char matching env tiles with another crit] that means he battle is almost over. no need for bullseye.
        • Dormammu wrote:
          Bugpop wrote:
          Marvel Now mageto (2 star) can place several blue tiles similar to g.widow deceptive tactics

Yes he can, but it's hard for him to get multiple crit tiles in one turn because it's a purple skill and won't self-regenerate AP (like classic Magneto) and there isn't anyone who can fill the board with blue, like Ragnarok can for Widow's green placement.

It's a purple ability though

Ragnarok good for sniper rifle
        • Dormammu
          Bugpop wrote:
          Dormammu wrote:
          Bugpop wrote:

It's a purple ability though

Ragnarok good for sniper rifle

There isn't anyone who can fill the screen with purple, either.
        • Unknown
          edited November 2013
          Prologue: The Rise of Hammer
          Dark Avengers
          Call Him Ragnarok

Lone Level 115 Ragnarok
          Used boosts:
          +3 to all AP
          +3 Black/Green
          +3 Blue/Purple

Level 90 Spiderman for stun
          Level 69 Bullseye for test
          Level 40 Magneto 2-star for 5/5 Polarity Shift (change 5 selected basic color tiles to blue for 9 purple). Will work well with Spiderman

Ragnarok has 7111 HP

Magneto Red: 19
          Spider Man Blue: 36
          Spiderman Purple: 41
          Bullseye Black: 37
          Spider Man Yellow: 47
          Bullseye Green: 32

6 Blue AP; Use All Tied Up - First Web
          Match 3 purple to get total purple AP to 9. Bullseye adds defense shield. I can use Polarity Shift now
          4 Blue AP; Use All Tied Up - Second Web
          I need 10 more Black AP. Too bad, I have two perfect spots to put my 5 blue tiles from Polarity Shift to get two critical tiles. That will have to wait.
          Matched 3 Black, Cascade 3 yellow. Ragnarok at 6834
          Down to 2 Blue AP. Matched 3 blue. Aligned a Black tile into a good position. Ragnarok at 6726
          5 Blue AP; Use All Tied Up - Third Web
          I want to drop 2 black tiles a row to be 1 tile away from another black tile. Match 3 Green. Ragnarok at 6630
          If I match 4 Purple tiles (one a purple shield, too bad) I'll have cleared a row, and grabbed one Black tile (one green and 2 env). Have 2 turns left on stun. I will have 3 black cascading match.
          Paid too much attention to typing. Cascaded my 3 yellow web tiles and 3 env tiles.
          Ragnarok at 6235 HP 1 turn left on stun. I have 6 Blue AP
          6 black tiles on board, looking for way to get a match
          Match 3 Red and Cascaded 3 Env
          6 Blue AP: All Tied up
          Gambled matching 3 env tiles. Success. Brought down a black tile Will have 4-red match. Clearing 1 env, 2 blue, and another red. Ragnarok at 6178
          4 Blue AP: All tied up. Match 3 black and 4 red with previously mention 4 tiles clear. Cascade included 3 env, 3 Yellow, 3 Red
          Ragnarok has 1 turn left on stun. At 5879 HP
          Took a while to figure out but placed 5 Blue tiles with Polarity shift to create critical tiles in locations they where they will not be consumed. Ragnarok at 5564
          Murderous AIM to place to Critical Tiles in locations they will not be consumed
          Ragnarok damaged by 5564 (no more overdamage... saw 14,000 in the lab setting during tournament)

Critical tiles unused. I wonder if it will do the damage if placed in places they will be consumed.

TLDR; With two critical tiles on the board, bullseye will deal damage by simply placing critical tiles. Dealt finishing blow on 8th turn

I managed to do it twice in a row, previous attempt was 6th turn

EDIT:

In Shield Training I used the same lineup with boosts. Fought DIEBOMBER, Level 115 Ragnarok, Level 85 Thor, Level 110 Spider Man
          I was able to take out Ragnarok at full HP with murderous AIM.
        • I did it without the boosts and it obviously took longer. I was practically stun locking Ragnarok until I obtained enough black AP. I think I was just having trouble getting black AP because by the time I had enough I had nearly enough purple AP to use Polarity Shift 3 times. I only needed to use it once.

If there are 4 or more critical tiles on the board when he uses his ability, before the critical tiles are counted as part of a match, he damages the opponent by the amount in the description. Ragnarok only had about 3000 HP left when I finally killed him. Matching 2 critical tiles multiply each other. It seems it could deal a lot of damage. I wonder what kind of damage 3 in a row would do.
        • nihilium
          nihilium Posts: 242
          Sorry for a really noob question, but if one does NOT have all the rare and hight lvl covery to combine with bullseye, is he of any use?

Im having a bit of a problem with getting enough HP to buy cover spaces and Im trying to figure out if letting him expire/sell him would be much of a loss o.o
        • nihilium wrote:
          Sorry for a really noob question, but if one does NOT have all the rare and hight lvl covery to combine with bullseye, is he of any use?

Im having a bit of a problem with getting enough HP to buy cover spaces and Im trying to figure out if letting him expire/sell him would be much of a loss o.o

At the moment he is not too popular even though many people have lot of covers for him. His purple is at best annoying when you play against him. His black has potential but it's not the easiest skill to set up. Therefore, I would say you can sell him if you need cover space for some good character.
        This discussion has been closed.