** Bullseye (Dark Avengers Hawkeye) ** [PRE 2015-05]

Comments

• That is quite impressive. Never thought to combine Bullseye and MNM before.
  • Bullseye was my favorite character for a very long time. So much fun. FYI, you don't have to carefully place Bullseyes crits to avoid a match. The extra damage will still apply, even if they cause a match. Lining up all 4 crits together is almost as killer as the extra damage.
    LOL I couldn't be sure if I placed them in a match I would get the max damage anyway, so I avoided making a match. Now the question is can you down two chars if you line up the four crits? First target is downed by crit damage and the other by Bullseye's max ability damage. Though it would be difficult to line four of them.
    dkffiv wrote:
    The expensive environments weren't hard to activate with people with high crit multipliers (I think I used to use Punisher and Spider-Man a lot back then). The one I almost never used was the Latverian one. I'd occasionally use the city one cause hot dog stand was so bad.
    I think I did the Latverian once too but unfortunately I wasn't recording and I even forgot what it did. I remember the **** strike tiles though.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    KevinMark wrote:
    Now the question is can you down two chars if you line up the four crits? First target is downed by crit damage and the other by Bullseye's max ability damage. Though it would be difficult to line four of them.

Classic Hawkeye + Bullseye can do the job. That's the combo I've used to trigger Bullseye's nuke.
  • KevinMark wrote:
    Bullseye was my favorite character for a very long time. So much fun. FYI, you don't have to carefully place Bullseyes crits to avoid a match. The extra damage will still apply, even if they cause a match. Lining up all 4 crits together is almost as killer as the extra damage.
    LOL I couldn't be sure if I placed them in a match I would get the max damage anyway, so I avoided making a match. Now the question is can you down two chars if you line up the four crits? First target is downed by crit damage and the other by Bullseye's max ability damage. Though it would be difficult to line four of them.
    dkffiv wrote:
    The expensive environments weren't hard to activate with people with high crit multipliers (I think I used to use Punisher and Spider-Man a lot back then). The one I almost never used was the Latverian one. I'd occasionally use the city one cause hot dog stand was so bad.
    I think I did the Latverian once too but unfortunately I wasn't recording and I even forgot what it did. I remember the tinykitty strike tiles though.

If the ability results in 4 crits it does the bonus damage first then resolves the crit tiles. Bullseye in BoP when the forest still existed was my most favorite thing ever. That super buffed bonus damage was like 17k and I would try to string together the largest critsplosions possible. Was immensely satisfying to take down full health Balance of Power leveled Ares and Juggs with one move because 4.5 multiplier with 4 crit tiles in one match hurts so good.
  • Tell Bullseye to GTFO.
    If you ever need him again (for whatever ungodly reason that might be), 2*s are handed out like candy now.
  • KevinMark wrote:
    Bullseye was my favorite character for a very long time. So much fun. FYI, you don't have to carefully place Bullseyes crits to avoid a match. The extra damage will still apply, even if they cause a match. Lining up all 4 crits together is almost as killer as the extra damage.
    dkffiv wrote:
    I think I did the Latverian once too but unfortunately I wasn't recording and I even forgot what it did. I remember the tinykitty strike tiles though.

If the ability results in 4 crits it does the bonus damage first then resolves the crit tiles. Bullseye in BoP when the forest still existed was my most favorite thing ever. That super buffed bonus damage was like 17k and I would try to string together the largest critsplosions possible. Was immensely satisfying to take down full health Balance of Power leveled Ares and Juggs with one move because 4.5 multiplier with 4 crit tiles in one match hurts so good.

Maybe I am tired, but wasn't the first BoP after environments were retired?
  • Maybe I am tired, but wasn't the first BoP after environments were retired?
    Yes, you are icon_e_biggrin.gif Part of the point of the thread is the one video linked is in an old version of the game. See video descriptions.
  • Maybe I am tired, but wasn't the first BoP after environments were retired?

Happened shortly after the first BoP but before the second. I mourned my mstorm, obw, bullseye forest assassination squad for a long time I even ran through the shield simulator a long ways with that team. Maybe I need to start farming 1* hawkeye teamups to use with the little purple psycho.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with the general sentiment of getting rid of Bullseye.

I also think that unless you are P2W, buying covers is bad deal. If it's your final cover for a critical power and we just saw the end of an event using said character, that's about the only time I could justify it. How much egg would be on your face if the next PvP offers the cover you just bought as it's low reward? Or the PvE had that cover for the progression reward? There is always a chance to pull that cover from your standard and heroic recruit tokens (unless of course it's one of the new characters that D3 has forgotten to add to the pool.)
  • sell! sell! sell!
    My currecnt theory as to why bullseye sucks has to do with him being an enemy for entry level players. almost all villains in the prologue are less than average with the exception of daken (and sorta juggs) who's gone through so many changes I have no idea anymore as I'm in 3 * land.
    Bullseye, moonstone, ragnarok, venom, yelena. they're all pretty low tier
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    I would buy a slot. it shouldnt be too hard to earn back 500HP. If I was going to sell, then I'd sell someone whose covers are given out with greater frequency, or any 1* I have after this event. I like bullseye for random messing around on Spidey LRs.
  • If the ability results in 4 crits it does the bonus damage first then resolves the crit tiles.
    Confirmed. Lined up two crits like in my video (with Polarity Exchange) and put two in between them with Bullseye. It first downed opponent Mawkeye and then proceeded to MN Magneto with four crits almost killing him doing around 3500 damage. My team was Mawkeye, MN Mags and Hood in SHIELD Sim.
  • I'm not a fan of selling chars but I'm not a competitive player. I like collecting people and leveling them. I'm currently leveling my Bullseye. I have all covers of him. I bet he will get a 3rd power sometime icon_lol.gif
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    AJBCLF wrote:
    2*s are handed out like candy now.

They are but Bullseye covers remain the rarest with Bagman. When I decided to add back my 1 and 2*s, Bullseye covers took the longest to get, over a month to get all 10.
  • WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!

He's buffed for Prodigal Son!

Weird.
  • I would not sell him. He can be quite useful with some other chars. It's right that others can do sometimes beter, but I'm pretty sure that him and Bagman will have a rework soon or later. Don't forget you always sell at a far lower price.
    Low HP ? Not a problem -> cover him with someone who has a beter purple/black amount and he will take no damage and offers a good purple passive and a black demon skill. (use this skill with hawkeye to generate one or two 5 tiles lines, and enjoy the combo.)

So :
    If you have already him at lvl 80 or more, don't sell him. Keep him and use him for the low battles in Versus events or simulator or whatever else to make combo hits and defense.
    I personnally use him often in the "3 chars" battles, not in the "2 chars" battles (where you can't choose the first).
  • WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!

He's buffed for Prodigal Son!

Weird.
    LOL I just maxed him.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    The only thing he has going for him, wait, ...
    he has zero things going for him, even with a buff. Just Sexmagneting here, and if I want an actual purple, oBW/GSBW/Loki/MMN are right there for me.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly I've gotten tons of Bullseye covers (WAY too many) and I've sold them all. A friend of mine likes him for the crit ability - and it is AWESOME - but it's just too slow. 16 AP is just too much. Also, the odds of you ever seeing more than 1 crit on the board are insanely small (although Magneto can help) so the upper levels of his black power are kinda worthless other than the AP lowering.

He desperately needs to have two things done: 1) bring his HP at LEAST up to 2* Hawkeye levels, and 2) make his black cost fewer AP with more covers and don't do anything else with it. 14 AP at max would actually make it good.

His purple power is actually better than people say, but in the end you just have to ask yourself this: when would you ever put this guy on your team instead of anyone else? He's rarely boosted and apparently almost never featured, so are you ever going to pick him instead of someone else who can actually survive a match?

I think the "only 2 powers" thing is supposed to be a perk, since you can technically level him up faster than anyone else, since it only takes 10 covers for him. I think most players don't see it that way, though.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    loroku wrote:
    Honestly I've gotten tons of Bullseye covers (WAY too many) and I've sold them all. A friend of mine likes him for the crit ability - and it is AWESOME - but it's just too slow. 16 AP is just too much. Also, the odds of you ever seeing more than 1 crit on the board are insanely small (although Magneto can help) so the upper levels of his black power are kinda worthless other than the AP lowering.

He desperately needs to have two things done: 1) bring his HP at LEAST up to 2* Hawkeye levels, and 2) make his black cost fewer AP with more covers and don't do anything else with it. 14 AP at max would actually make it good.

His purple power is actually better than people say, but in the end you just have to ask yourself this: when would you ever put this guy on your team instead of anyone else? He's rarely boosted and apparently almost never featured, so are you ever going to pick him instead of someone else who can actually survive a match?

I think the "only 2 powers" thing is supposed to be a perk, since you can technically level him up faster than anyone else, since it only takes 10 covers for him. I think most players don't see it that way, though.

What if he had a 3rd ability that would make it easier for him to generate that Black AP?

Perhaps something like:

Diabolical Trap: greenflag.png 9AP
    Bullseye lays a trap for his foes, using civilians as the bait. Creates a trap tile that when matched by the opposing team steals AP and converts it to Black AP. If Bullseye's team matches the trap, generates 1 Black AP.
    Upgrades: Steals more AP (up to 8).
This discussion has been closed.