FIRST AVENGER: AMERICA APR 14-APR16 *UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Emeryt wrote:
    My opinion:

A lot of **star people was able to obtain quite a lot of Mr Rogers covers, thus, combined with MStorm, OBW and decent MMR, they are able to do quite well in the tourney.
    I don't know about that. The majority of players I fought were still using the freebie Cap.
  • Another win for the team, well done guys we killed it once again. Congrats to all the other teams as well, was a crazy event of high scoring.
  • beemand2g wrote:
    Another win for the team, well done guys we killed it once again. Congrats to all the other teams as well, was a crazy event of high scoring.

cheats
  • anyone else still missing their rewards?
    I finished 1st and I haven't gotten either personal nor alliance rewards.
    that blue iw keeps teasing me even after the tourney is over.

I got my personal ones. none of the alliance onces yet, but those usually take longer.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Yay, a ton of ISO made in the last minute frenzy. I was gunning for the 900 pts reward but got dragged down just one match too early. Didn't need the covers, never shielded, I guess I provided a ton of points (which I often took back. Or gave more if I managed to wipe on the retal).

None for me yet... but I don't worry about these things until 24 hours have passed.
  • No personal or Alliance yet. It is really getting slower by the update, soon Alliance rewards will take 2-3 hours.

R52 should just be a make things crash less and rewards come faster patch.
  • What's the refresh time on the rewards?

Could be 8 or 12 hours at this point.

Are the progression awards going to be reachable?
  • I went home at lunch a little before noon, in case I had to fight a match or two to keep position, and (having been unshielded for almost 5 hours) fully expecting to be down 100 points. I was down less than 30 (though I'm not sure how - I didn't get a match loss notice) from 711 to 683, and 18th place. I must have gotten into one of those weird little mmr holes. Top 25 was more than fine - I just needed the red - so I'm looking forward to some nice prize stuff when I get home.

You and I have had this conversation literally (no, I don't mean figuratively) a million times:

it's (pvp mmr+the number of covers won*iso won)/[(the number of at bats you took in your first game of tee ball + 1)*(hp won+1)]

don't make me answer this again

You and I have had this conversation literally (no, I don't mean figuratively) a million times:

it's (pvp mmr+the number of covers won*iso won)/[(the number of at bats you took in your first game of tee ball + 1)*(hp won+1)]

maybe if you explained it a little better while twerking as you take a selfie, i would understand.

maybe if you explained it a little better while twerking as you take a selfie, i would understand.

I'm just sad that I even know what a selfie is icon_evil.gif

• I'm just sad that I even know what a selfie is icon_evil.gif

Just cause you know what one is, doesnt mean you should keep snapchatting them to me. ENOUGH WITH THE DUCK FACE.
  • beemand2g wrote:
    Another win for the team, well done guys we killed it once again. Congrats to all the other teams as well, was a crazy event of high scoring.

It was that, I shielded and went to bed after clearing 800 and only got top 50. I'm not surprised, when I shielded I was only in 17th and there were people in my bracket above 1100 (already shielded, of course).

95% of fights probably had a LazyCap with no more than 3 or 4 covers at best. Of course, my LazyCap has 2 covers, both red, so I'm part of that. It made this into a "who are your two best characters?" tournament for the most part (although there were a few fun moments where 500 damage from LazyCap's red plus creating a crit tile or a cascade was actually the smart move).
  • I got ridiculously lucky in my bracket, as I completely forgot about the event until it had 57 minutes left. Thankfully tanking in the Lightning Rounds last week worked and I faced a stream of 2 star teams and was able to finish top 10 without too many problems. I think that's definitely the latest I've joined a tournament and still managed to finish highly in it.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    I got ridiculously lucky in my bracket, as I completely forgot about the event until it had 57 minutes left. Thankfully tanking in the Lightning Rounds last week worked and I faced a stream of 2 star teams and was able to finish top 10 without too many problems. I think that's definitely the latest I've joined a tournament and still managed to finish highly in it.

Out of curiosity, how many points did you have at the end?
  • Kappei wrote:
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    I got ridiculously lucky in my bracket, as I completely forgot about the event until it had 57 minutes left. Thankfully tanking in the Lightning Rounds last week worked and I faced a stream of 2 star teams and was able to finish top 10 without too many problems. I think that's definitely the latest I've joined a tournament and still managed to finish highly in it.

Out of curiosity, how many points did you have at the end?

Around 550 or so, which I guess is normally good enough for anywhere between 5-20th usually.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:

Around 550 or so, which I guess is normally good enough for anywhere between 5-20th usually.

Not lately, the last few tournaments have been 650+ for the top 20, at least in my brackets.