FIRST AVENGER: AMERICA APR 14-APR16 *UPDATED

Options

Comments

• My god Cap is so slow. I've been playing with Cap/Hood/BP after getting used to Punisher/C. Mags, and the change in pace is absurd.

u came up in my list with that line up...i actually skipped it bc i thought it would be too annoying. i was making a push and playing for speed. just an fyi on how other might view that lineup.

marc
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure if people are skipping me or if Im not in the upper points mmr yet (I wanted to put this in the futurama fry meme but ain't nobody got time for that)

I too was still seeing relatively tame teams all the way to 600. I've been running 141 patch, 85 obw, and 75 plus boost (so 113) cap. I got hit once before bed and retaliated with 141 bp instead of 85 obw in hopes for a "ooooooh scaaaary, runaway!" team to keep the riff raff off my lawn while I slept. Seemed to workout decent bc I didn't get attacked all night

This is not a gloat. Please don't queue me up and take me down on purpose. I'm aware many of you are men of power and virility who can smack down any team. I just wanted to thank anyone who has ever skipped me bc they recognized me from the forums.

I also want to thank people who think their mstorm or obw can take down ANYONE. Since its been weeks since I got anything remotely useful from a token, seeing defensive victory pop ups are my new "shiny gold coin"

Good luck everybody
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bahukma wrote:
    It must be the lunar eclipse, but why are players with rosters that have as their top cover a level 50 IM35 and no other covers over 40 attacking my 141 LT/141 Hood/135 ShieldBro team? I've been attacked by two teams with those rosters. I appreciate the points, but don't understand what they're thinking. I can't imagine they need to tank PVP with those level rosters.

I hope you were shielded for my retaliation of a few minutes ago. The battle was hard fought but the +42 was worth it.
    My first victory against an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D feels like some kind of milestone.
    Yeah, I was shielded. I'm just below 1000. I actually got to 1004 last night, but I was hit for 35 just as I left the battle. Two more minutes and I would have been shielded with the 1000 progression award. C'est la vie. I'll get it today.
  • Kavel
    Kavel Posts: 85
    Options
    Looks like I'm in a pretty competitive bracket with Slobofix, The Ladder, and Dr Spaceman. All I need is a Top 50, but I still think this is gonna hurt!
  • Not sure if people are skipping me or if Im not in the upper points mmr yet (I wanted to put this in the futurama fry meme but ain't nobody got time for that)

I too was still seeing relatively tame teams all the way to 600. I've been running 141 patch, 85 obw, and 75 plus boost (so 113) cap. I got hit once before bed and retaliated with 141 bp instead of 85 obw in hopes for a "ooooooh scaaaary, runaway!" team to keep the riff raff off my lawn while I slept. Seemed to workout decent bc I didn't get attacked all night

This is not a gloat. Please don't queue me up and take me down on purpose. I'm aware many of you are men of power and virility who can smack down any team. I just wanted to thank anyone who has ever skipped me bc they recognized me from the forums.

I also want to thank people who think their mstorm or obw can take down ANYONE. Since its been weeks since I got anything remotely useful from a token, seeing defensive victory pop ups are my new "shiny gold coin"

Good luck everybody

Seriously, this event is like the twilight zone.

Went to bed in the low 600s.... woke up at 740. Wait... what??

24 hours out from the end of the tournament and 740 is only good enough for 8th place. Wait... what?

One of my defense wins was against Ghast.... WHAT??? icon_eek.gif

WHAT THE TINYKITTY IS GOING ON HERE? icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif
  • Lyrian wrote:

Seriously, this event is like the twilight zone.

Went to bed in the low 600s.... woke up at 740. Wait... what??

24 hours out from the end of the tournament and 740 is only good enough for 8th place. Wait... what?

One of my defense wins was against Ghast.... WHAT??? icon_eek.gif

WHAT THE TINYKITTY IS GOING ON HERE? icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif

I like to hide at the bottom of a bracket until the last possible minute before my actual run. I can always see who is in top 10 in my bracket, but they cannot see me. Not until they have already invested in a shield.

If I see a forum member on the way back down, I make sure they get the points instead of random people.
  • And once again, I see that this game REALLY doesn't like me if I try to play in the morning. Keep getting this **** games where the enemy gets incredible streaks and seems to know exactly what's going to drop onto the board to keep getting pairs. And then if I actually manage to win one and get 14 points, I get out of it and find out I was beaten by someone else and lost 26 points. I think I need to just stop looking at trying to get a Top 10 in this one, because it's not going to happen.

Took a few minutes tanking as much as I could in SHIELD Training with 18 characters, so hopefully when I go back into the game later and try to recover from the 50 - 90 points I'll probably have lost, I'll be able to find a team who isn't all either maxed in the 80s or in the 120s somewhere. icon_razz.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    If I see a forum member on the way back down, I make sure they get the points instead of random people.
    Thanks - that's actually a pretty good idea, will try to do that as well!
  • Kavel wrote:
    Looks like I'm in a pretty competitive bracket with Slobofix, The Ladder, and Dr Spaceman. All I need is a Top 50, but I still think this is gonna hurt!

I'm not really stoked about the rewards for this one, so unsure I will be pushing too high. Slobofix seems to want top spot, every time I look at the leaderboard he has inched a little further with his score and is shielded - including a baffling spot of shielding at 234 early doors. I don't really understand the logic of that, MMR hell or not. I mean, who fears anyone in the 200 point range, when they have a maxed out roster? icon_rolleyes.gif

Good luck.
  • Surprised that I didn't get a single defensive win after the first few hours - about 25 losses, including a -49 just as I came out of my win to breach 1,000 icon_mad.gif . Made it back again though

Running a max LT, high level hood and cap at 90 pre-buff and had losses to a lot of teams with something like low level cap, OBW and a high level punisher / hulk. Thought the AI and some lucky boards might do better!
  • I got home to see two defensive wins and one loss for a net +17 and the 500 point progression award. Then - during lunch - the same guy I've been in a retaliation war with all day, and who doesn't seem to understand how points work, attacked me again, and I attacked him again, for another 20 or so net. I'm getting close to catching up with him, though, so the gravy train is going to end eventually.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:

I try to do this too if possible, it's really good idea!
  • There is a 5 member alliance called H.A.M.M.E.R. but someone really needs to create H.A.M.M.E.R so S.H.I.E.L.D can have another mortal enemy (we really don't like the immortal kind).

No love for Hydra?

The lack of an acronym scheme hurts them icon_mrgreen.gif

This could work...

Hoping
    You
    Don't
    Retaliate
    Alliance
  • I keep thinking I have tokens to cash in but it's just the dumb Shield of Justice token I'm waiting to turn into a Heroic icon_mad.gif
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I just figured I'd toss this out there. If anyone sees themselves going against ThatNick, please don't attack me. icon_razz.gif I don't want to lose more points.

Ugh. All of the options it's giving me are teams in the 100s that I'm no where near, level wise. Gonna have to go tanking in SHIELD Training again soon.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seeing The Ladder in my queue with only 700something was a sign that it's time to shield up icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Way too juicy a target at 900 to stay unshielded overnight when trying to win that Baglady.
  • I also want to thank people who think their mstorm or obw can take down ANYONE. Since its been weeks since I got anything remotely useful from a token, seeing defensive victory pop ups are my new "shiny gold coin"

My max M.Storm is coming for you! j/k icon_lol.gif
  • It surprised me the number of OBW/mStorm matchups I came across on my way up the ladder. Suprised me even more when I saw they were in the 600 range.

Tanking after they got moonstone? shrug.gif
  • Sweenz wrote:
    It surprised me the number of OBW/mStorm matchups I came across on my way up the ladder. Suprised me even more when I saw they were in the 600 range.

People probably using the desert stage.
  • Sweenz wrote:
    It surprised me the number of OBW/mStorm matchups I came across on my way up the ladder. Suprised me even more when I saw they were in the 600 range.

mStorm + Desert node! Best infinite turn outside of Spidey + cMags