FIRST AVENGER: AMERICA APR 14-APR16 *UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Ugh. Getting sick of this. Every time I stop playing, I've been attacked and lose about 100 points by the next time I come back. I swear there's some kind of "hasn't given us enough money" tag that makes sure I come up in people's options for targets.

Gah! And when I go to play a game, I get attacked while I'm doing it so I only gained like 3 points. >< I just have to keep going straight through to try to get to around 800 points and then just Shield.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    After the first round of Heroic PVE, there are plenty of 1* players with 5/5/x Lazy Caps. They are fighting level 6 Venoms and Cap is one-shotting them. I expect this tournament to be a high-scoring affair amongst all skill levels.

Cap is one-shotting in the Venom PvE?

And my alt account with lvl 1 IM/Storm see lvl 26 enemies in Deadly mode... icon_e_sad.gif

That was in response to a comment on how high the scores are in this PVP tournament. My level 15 3/5/5 Lazy Cap hits for what, 800? The little 1* kids who got top ten in last round of venom PVE are going nuclear on one another. With that kind of damage dealer and junk AI opponents, the kids are scrabbling up the leaderboards.

I have been fighting teams with level 30 M. Storms well past the 500 mark.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My god Cap is so slow. I've been playing with Cap/Hood/BP after getting used to Punisher/C. Mags, and the change in pace is absurd.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    After the first round of Heroic PVE, there are plenty of 1* players with 5/5/x Lazy Caps. They are fighting level 6 Venoms and Cap is one-shotting them. I expect this tournament to be a high-scoring affair amongst all skill levels.

Cap is one-shotting in the Venom PvE?

And my alt account with lvl 1 IM/Storm see lvl 26 enemies in Deadly mode... icon_e_sad.gif

That was in response to a comment on how high the scores are in this PVP tournament. My level 15 3/5/5 Lazy Cap hits for what, 800? The little 1* kids who got top ten in last round of venom PVE are going nuclear on one another. With that kind of damage dealer and junk AI opponents, the kids are scrabbling up the leaderboards.

I have been fighting teams with level 30 M. Storms well past the 500 mark.
    Yeah... at 700 I'm still seeing Teams with MStorm & Juggernaut. They're only worth minimal points, though.
    Got attacked 5 times overnight, 3 wins two defeats. I like it when people underestimate Punisher / Hood on defense.
    Still only +4 points overall, losses hurt a lot more than those wins gave me.
  • Overnight, I'd be ecstatic to wake up and find myself at + or - single digits.
  • My god Cap is so slow. I've been playing with Cap/Hood/BP after getting used to Punisher/C. Mags, and the change in pace is absurd.

My matches go faster with Punisher instead of BP. He makes strike tiles faster, he still Molotov hits everyone (not as hard as kitty, I know), and his red finishes things. Also, he uses green.

Sometimes I bring Punisher and BP in case I get a black or yellow-heavy board. Also, it just looks nice.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    My god Cap is so slow. I've been playing with Cap/Hood/BP after getting used to Punisher/C. Mags, and the change in pace is absurd.

My matches go faster with Punisher instead of BP. He makes strike tiles faster, he still Molotov hits everyone (not as hard as kitty, I know), and his red finishes things. Also, he uses green.

Sometimes I bring Punisher and BP in case I get a black or yellow-heavy board. Also, it just looks nice.

Yeah, I think C. Mags + Punisher is still the way to go for offense. I'm just experimenting with a Hood/BP/Cap team on defense and see how that goes: I've found that C. Mags/Pun is pretty poor on defense since they die to random 2* teams.

Hmm.. do you guys have any ideas on what my optimal defensive team would be for this event? you can see my roster under shield in the alliance tab, but the choices are C. Mags/Hood/Punisher/Hulk/BP. I think it's between BP/Hood/Cap, Hulk/BP/Cap, or Pun/Hood/Cap. BP seems like he has highest kill potential. I don't like C. Mags on defense because the AI isn't going to match purple so the one good skill he has on defense isn't going to be used. Hulk/BP/Cap would be annoying but probably have too low of a kill potential to really matter. Pun/Hood could be okay but they seem squishy.
  • Hmm.. do you guys have any ideas on what my optimal defensive team would be for this event?

I like BP and the Hood. It makes Cap's red an option for the ai (even getting it off once is great) and if the Hood uses Black while a Cap countdown is out then great.

Panther's blue at least has the potential to slow the other team down, you have a strike tile possibility with the enviro grab happy ai and hopefully the enemy kills off the hood just as he gets up to 9ish black.

The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of a green skill.
  • My only problem with Hood/BP on defense is that the AI likes to use Intimidation when you want to save it for BP. I still pass on Hood battles more often than not, though.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It must be the lunar eclipse, but why are players with rosters that have as their top cover a level 50 IM35 and no other covers over 40 attacking my 141 LT/141 Hood/135 ShieldBro team? I've been attacked by two teams with those rosters. I appreciate the points, but don't understand what they're thinking. I can't imagine they need to tank PVP with those level rosters.
  • It must be the lunar eclipse, but why are players with rosters that have as their top cover a level 50 IM35 and no other covers over 40 attacking my 141 LT/141 Hood/135 ShieldBro team? I've been attacked by two teams with those rosters. I appreciate the points, but don't understand what they're thinking. I can't imagine they need to tank PVP with those level rosters.

I blame the little +30 they see next to the Skip button. I have won a few fights to people who have clearly bit off more than they could chew.

But I also lost a fight to M. Storm/Iron Man 35, or so the little popup tells me. Hope springs eternal.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    It must be the lunar eclipse, but why are players with rosters that have as their top cover a level 50 IM35 and no other covers over 40 attacking my 141 LT/141 Hood/135 ShieldBro team? I've been attacked by two teams with those rosters. I appreciate the points, but don't understand what they're thinking. I can't imagine they need to tank PVP with those level rosters.

I blame the little +30 they see next to the Skip button. I have won a few fights to people who have clearly bit off more than they could chew.

But I also lost a fight to M. Storm/Iron Man 35, or so the little popup tells me. Hope springs eternal.
    I see you met my Punisher and Hood icon_e_wink.gif
  • Please stop this stupid spoiler game. It's fun for You but not for the others, as You're ruining their fun.
    Thank You.

(I'm a moderator at a quite huge sf-fantasy site. Such posts would meant 1week ban in there. Take it into consideration as I'm very strict about spoilers)

Emeryt
  • Bowgentle wrote:

Yeah, we met on the way back down the ladder to 15 points so I can I can dominate the Lightning Rounds. You gave my Venom and Yelena quite a whuppin'. Loaner Cap was useless.

Retreating in Shield Training exhausts three characters. Retreating with a loaner character exhausts two. icon_e_smile.gif
  • ok, going to bed with 1008 points. My cap is maxed and it wasn't worth the 500 iso to get that yellow cap going +9 points at a time lol. With 141 hood, 143(with boost) cap and 85 OBW, let's see if I can get some wins or get owned. lol I have got a few retaliation wins already but those were guys that honestly had no chance from earlier. I was in MMR hell when I stopped and a lot of those guys can for sure beat me. Oh well, more matches later for more iso I guess! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Yeah, we met on the way back down the ladder to 15 points so I can I can dominate the Lightning Rounds. You gave my Venom and Yelena quite a whuppin'. Loaner Cap was useless.

Retreating in Shield Training exhausts three characters. Retreating with a loaner character exhausts two. icon_e_smile.gif
    Ah dang, had hoped for a spectacular defensive victory vs your A-team icon_e_smile.gif
  • It must be the lunar eclipse, but why are players with rosters that have as their top cover a level 50 IM35 and no other covers over 40 attacking my 141 LT/141 Hood/135 ShieldBro team? I've been attacked by two teams with those rosters. I appreciate the points, but don't understand what they're thinking. I can't imagine they need to tank PVP with those level rosters.

I hope you were shielded for my retaliation of a few minutes ago. The battle was hard fought but the +42 was worth it.
    My first victory against an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D feels like some kind of milestone.
  • I got up to 300 last night, had maybe one minor loss overnight, and hit a couple of PVE nodes, and ran up to 404 in this PVP. A loss for a small amount (maybe -13) came up so I retaliated, got 35 points. Same guy retaliates a few minutes later, I retaliate, this goes on and on and I was at 488 when I left for work this morning, having done nothing but retaliate against this one guy who doesn't seem to understand how the points system works, and gotten almost 100 points out of it. He was clearly trying to get up in points, and so I was consistently getting 30+ and losing around 15. And I have every reason to think I'm going to have another 15 point loss when I get home, with a nice easy 30+ point retaliation again. I guess if the ATM is paying out...
  • I assume you are going for the blue IW Dave being shielded early with a relatively low point total?

I need either the IW or a red hulk so yeah.
  • I've only played to 301 points so far, but somehow managed to break 500 through defensive wins alone, although I've since been beat back down to 438.

I just noticed TheLadder poke his head up into the top 10 and between him and Slobofix and the top 10 already looking very competitive, I'm glad I only need to get a red Hulk cover.

Wow, as I'm typing this I just got another defensive win for 25 point, so now at 463. icon_cool.gif