*** Magneto (Classic) ***

Options

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Druss wrote:
    Rags with a 3rd ability - say goodbye to PvE then!

Nah. Look at Daken, he didn't destroy us with a third power. My guess is his red stays almost exactly the same save a slightl damage increase or decrease. His green will get reworked becasuse they don't like skills that just reduce AP across the board. This is my prediction.

Rags wil be a G/R/Y

Green will stay, red will make yellow instead of green, yellow will do an AoE type effect, essentially a new Thor.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I dunno - a lv 200+ Daken is an instant skip for me. A cheap Blue nuke & insane healing - yuk!

Re Rags - If he's going to turn into a cheap ability Thor this will be a problem in PvE as he is very common & as he is a 3* will scale even higher

do you really want to face a Lv300 Rags with 15k health & 3 abilities that cost only 6AP? (all for the magical 20 iso - lol)
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Nah. Look at Daken, he didn't destroy us with a third power.
    I don't know what your scaling is like, but I've had Rags/Daken/Moonstone take out a full health Xf in one turn. So I'm really no fan of Daken with a 3rd power, and I sure as hell don't need to see Rags get one.
  • What we really need are more Villians released as new characters so that we can have a more diverse line-up in PVE. Course this also means the Devs would have to make new content or change old content to include them.

Rags can be hard enough as it is, with a third ability he could potentially be worse, unless they make changes to his existing powers to compensate and take the opportunity to rebalance him, which I think they would do with consideration to his normal level progression. It's once he gets buffed past that in PVE that he gets bad and I would hope they would look at that too...
  • Jim_MatriX_cz
    Options
    I hope they dont want to respec CMag again. Already nerfed him once, and they usually dont nerf one character twice.
    His rarity is well known. Should be available more often. Last time it was like season 5. Except balance of power between 8-9.
  • I hope they dont want to respec CMag again. Already nerfed him once, and they usually dont nerf one character twice.
    His rarity is well known. Should be available more often. Last time it was like season 5. Except balance of power between 8-9.
    He was not nerfed. Old cmags was **** at pvp. New cmags is pretty good. He just doesn't turn pve into a joke anymore.
  • Bumping bc out of vault and finally pvp rewards.
  • I appreciate that he's out of the vault, because he's one of a hand full of 3 stars I don't have max covers for.

But why is the top 100/alliance cover his yellow?

Bring him of the vault and most people are going to get just his yellow? I'd rather 2 reds or blues. I have already have 5 yellows and need to get that down to 3 anyway.

Really disappointing.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can we talk about why they changed his purpleflag.png ability and gave him a yellowflag.png ability when he's wearing NO yellow?

He is wearing almost all purple. This would be like Hulk not having a green ability or Mystique not having a blue one. What were they thinking taking away purple from him when the game still needs good purple abilities
  • At the time he was the only source of purple damage. And that was bad (apparently). So they changed his colors to be Yellow for the shields (common) and blue for damage (less common). He did follow Daken on the blue damage front, but still remains one of the only ways to pump out damage with blue AP.

If he came out of the pipe today, I could see him having Yellow (shields), Red and Purple (attacks), since purple attack powers have become much more common once Deadpool broke the rule. Or even his classic Blue/Red/Purple (with just the color changed, no change in ability to his current yellow). His purple would of course have to swap Red and Yellow (or Blue). The funny thing about this is he'd still be a pretty great XF partner. 2 colors he doesn't use in case you SS one, and in PvE SS on Purple is actually quite common (Bullseye, Yelena, Moonstone, Lieutenants)
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mjh wrote:
    Can we talk about why they changed his purpleflag.png ability and gave him a yellowflag.png ability when he's wearing NO yellow?

He is wearing almost all purple. This would be like Hulk not having a green ability or Mystique not having a blue one. What were they thinking taking away purple from him when the game still needs good purple abilities
    Or like hood and spidey not having red or doom not having green
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    onimus wrote:
    I appreciate that he's out of the vault, because he's one of a hand full of 3 stars I don't have max covers for.

But why is the top 100/alliance cover his yellow?

Bring him of the vault and most people are going to get just his yellow? I'd rather 2 reds or blues. I have already have 5 yellows and need to get that down to 3 anyway.

Really disappointing.

yes, obviously yellow is his least wanted power. they should have turned the rewards tree upside down imho.
  • Is anybody still using CMAgs in high level PVP? Paired with Xforce?

Is it still a very viable team to help reach 1k? I keep hearing he is extremely fast, so the squishyness doesn't scare me.
  • Switchman wrote:
    Is anybody still using CMAgs in high level PVP? Paired with Xforce?
    Is it still a very viable team to help reach 1k? I keep hearing he is extremely fast, so the squishyness doesn't scare me.
    I've used X-Force/CMags quite a bit in both PvP and PvE, not having a 4* Thor. It's definitely viable, and quite fast if you use boosts for hops. It can be better or worse depending on who the featured is and what color Surgical steals, blue being the most overtly problematic, but it's always gotten the job done when I needed it to.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So my Mags is sitting at 5/4/4. Assuming we don't get rewards for him for a while, is he useful enough in his current build to level?

Thanks!
  • Unknown
    Options
    avs962 wrote:
    So my Mags is sitting at 5/4/4. Assuming we don't get rewards for him for a while, is he useful enough in his current build to level?

Thanks!

Yes 100% he is, while his best build is 3/5/5 he will still do a significant amount of damage how he is.
    also at 5 his yellow just about always means you won't take anymore damage for the rest of the match, as well as the possibility he shields over enemy special tiles.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Earthcore wrote:
    avs962 wrote:

Thanks!

Yes 100% he is, while his best build is 3/5/5 he will still do a significant amount of damage how he is.
    also at 5 his yellow just about always means you won't take anymore damage for the rest of the match, as well as the possibility he shields over enemy special tiles.

Thank you, you're a gentleman(woman) and a scholar icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How about a decadent 4/4/1 (yellow/red/blue) Mags?
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    avs962 wrote:
    Earthcore wrote:
    avs962 wrote:

Thanks!

Thank you, you're a gentleman(woman) and a scholar icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Plus another red cover isn't that far off in DPD.
  • Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    currently have 5/4/4, got a red cover but have been busy and completely lost track of time, ended up letting it run out icon_redface.gif

I was having a really tough time trying to decide whether i wanted to drop a yellow cover in favor of the red or not, and in the end i simply failed to make up my mind before it ran out. He's one of my core team but because 3 star.png thor is also in that team i've yet to really see magneto's yellow in full swing. I find him to be one of the best balanced characters in terms of his abilities.