*** Magneto (Classic) ***

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magneto and Spider-Man have become really friendly in my roster. They don't fight over blue as long as Magneto sticks to 5-tile matches using his ability, and I like getting defense tiles from Spidey while filling up Magneto's purple bomb. The only thing they lack is black and green. Hmmm, I wonder who has black and green...?
  • Dormammu wrote:
    Magneto and Spider-Man have become really friendly in my roster. They don't fight over blue as long as Magneto sticks to 5-tile matches using his ability, and I like getting defense tiles from Spidey while filling up Magneto's purple bomb. The only thing they lack is black and green. Hmmm, I wonder who has black and green...?

mStorm
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:

Hulk! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    duh, Punisher! And now Torch.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    lazyVenom!
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Magneto nerfed?

Had 10 blue tiles, it did ~3100 damage, fight was versus Muscle/Venom/Ragnarok so no defense tiles in sight.

Tried it twice, did the same amount of damage

Weird

EDIT: Ah I see what they did, it's not so much a nerf but more of a bug fix. Now the ability counts the red tiles being swapped with the blues then it calculates the damage, where as before it didn't matter if you had just one red tile, only the blue tiles mattered
  • AdamMagus wrote:
    Magneto nerfed?

Had 10 blue tiles, it did ~3100 damage, fight was versus Muscle/Venom/Ragnarok so no defense tiles in sight.

Weird

EDIT: Ah I see what they did, it's not so much a nerf but more of a bug fix. Now the ability counts the red tiles being swapped with the blues then it calculates the damage, where as before it didn't matter if you had just one red tile, only the blue tiles mattered

Pretty big change and making me happier that I chose to respec to 5/4/4
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,319 Site Admin
    AdamMagus wrote:
    Magneto nerfed?

Weird

From the Patch Notes thread: Good catch! That change didn't go through the normal protocols and wasn't on our normal check-ins as a result. Adding it to the Patch Notes now. Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • Hooray! Just when I'd made my peace with my 5/3/5 build, now I'm going to have to brave another lightning round bloodbath. Hopefully this one turns out better than last week's...
  • I've chucked 3 red mags in the last 2 weeks. Probably would have liked to move to 5/4/4, not in a Hurry to change it though unless they also removed the hidden bonus damage for skill increase. The damage becomes more important with it being harder to get the huge damage.
  • A move to 5/5/3 or 5/4/4 is a better build at this point. 5 purple is going to be a thing of the past. The odds of a player getting 13 tile swap for max damage is pretty low. You're better off with either a 7 or 9 tile swap which is more likely.
  • over_clocked
    Well, having 9 red/9 blue is almost the same as with the Hood, achievable with some effort and removing environment. 13 red/13 blue, not bloody likely. I regret not going all the way for 5/5/3 now and compromising with 5/4/4, but I have my solace in expecting brutal carnage because all the 5/3/5 guys (the better half of S.H.I.E.L.D) will be trying to get more reds as well :>
  • Even with this nerf he still has one of the strongest purple in the game (purple is not meant to be a good damaging color). It obviously no longer compares to his red/blue which is on another league compared to virtually any ability in the game.
  • Just curious, is this bug fix the Magneto nerf or is there more to come?
  • over_clocked
    Purple just got more situational, you can't bump up the damage with your own blue now, so even if you could make 10/11/12/13 swaps with greater damage per each over 9 swaps with less damage, it's still more situational than 4-5 red which is random enough but at least usable in any situation. Well if we don't get some red generators soon.
  • So to get this right, now if there is say, 9 blues and only 1 red it would only do one swap? there has to be 9 reds AND 9 blues to do 9 swaps now? This is a pretty big nerf... icon_cry.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just curious, is this bug fix the Magneto nerf or is there more to come?
    Purple wasn't what made him OP, and if you read the thread, it was going out of vouge for a while before the bugfix anyway.
  • over_clocked
    sms4002 wrote:
    So to get this right, now if there is say, 9 blues and only 1 red it would only do one swap? there has to be 9 reds AND 9 blues to do 9 swaps now? This is a pretty big nerf... icon_cry.gif
    To be fair, when Magneto's purple was first introduced (I read the entire thread), people were confused because his purple power wasn't doing what its description said, i.e. deal damage per red-blue swap, not per number of blues on the board. Now it just does what its description says.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    it's just gonna make LR mcuh longer.. icon_eek.gif
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is damagw per swap same with lvl 4 and lvl5 puprple?