*** Magneto (Classic) ***

Comments

• Magneto's blue also makes match damage boosts (blue in particular) and +crit damage extremely powerful. You can pretty much just match blue your way to kill any PvP opponent even if you never have the right APs to use anything else.

Also another commonly overlooked part is that his blue eliminates blue from the environment, which greatly limits anything an opposing Spiderman can possibly do. It's not uncommon to have 3 or less blue tiles left on the whole board by the time you're done with Magnetic Field, and an opposing Spiderman is just a waste of space if there are no blue tiles on the board.
  • Every team I put Magneto on, I'd rather have someone else's red being fired off. Until I find a team where someone else has a better blue or purple (which won't happen, else why am I using Magnus?), I'll work towards a respec. One of my favorite teams right now is Psylocke + Magneto + Thor, and Magneto is the last red I'd want to be using unless I was desperate for a kill before some nasty skill went off and didn't have the AP for the other guys.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kamahl_FoK wrote:
    Every team I put Magneto on, I'd rather have someone else's red being fired off. Until I find a team where someone else has a better blue or purple (which won't happen, else why am I using Magnus?), I'll work towards a respec. One of my favorite teams right now is Psylocke + Magneto + Thor, and Magneto is the last red I'd want to be using unless I was desperate for a kill before some nasty skill went off and didn't have the AP for the other guys.

Then you'll want to go 5/3/5 or 5/4/4 build
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spencer75 wrote:
    Justdangit wrote:
    BearVenger wrote:
    Honest Question: What does C.Magneto's 5th Blue do?

I've read the overall character thread, the Classic Magneto thread, and the wikia article, and all I see is 2 protect tiles with increased strength.

I currently have a 2/2/5 (luck of the draw) C.Magneto, and while I love the Definit-Kill aspect of his pink, I don't see the love for maxed blue, if it's just stronger protect tiles.

The defensive part of the skill is just icing on the cake. Nobody use this skill for the defensive tiles. The skill let you convert ANY 2 tiles into blue tiles. With this you can easily set up a match 4 or match 5 and potentially general more AP through cascading, line clearing. You can even use it to generate crit tile into environment match in Desert and Forest match. The skill is even more useful in PVE. You can use it to overwrite countdown tile, strike tile, attack tile or anything you dont want to be there.

It is his most powerfull skill that make him OP. This skill will even do a better job at board reset than red at time.

Additionally if you need a specific tile to use a power you can often get it using the blue. Let's say you need one pink to use magnetic translocation and finish off an opponent. Find a row or column with a pink tile and 2 blue close enough together.

It's the most versatile skill in the game.

Additionally, it overwrites any type of tile, unlike m mags or gray widow, so in a pinch you can use it to overwrite timers, or even attack/strike/defense tiles that are annoying you
  • Go patch, bti one shots and post rage, you deal a lotta free shots and then erase the enemies strike tiles.
    That is just plain unfair. icon_lol.gif, with boosts i've had turn 2 finish depending on board.
    Even without winning that early, they still can't do much damage to you via matches with protect tiles out.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Spencer75 wrote:
    Justdangit wrote:
    BearVenger wrote:
    Honest Question: What does C.Magneto's 5th Blue do?

I've read the overall character thread, the Classic Magneto thread, and the wikia article, and all I see is 2 protect tiles with increased strength.

I currently have a 2/2/5 (luck of the draw) C.Magneto, and while I love the Definit-Kill aspect of his pink, I don't see the love for maxed blue, if it's just stronger protect tiles.

The defensive part of the skill is just icing on the cake. Nobody use this skill for the defensive tiles. The skill let you convert ANY 2 tiles into blue tiles. With this you can easily set up a match 4 or match 5 and potentially general more AP through cascading, line clearing. You can even use it to generate crit tile into environment match in Desert and Forest match. The skill is even more useful in PVE. You can use it to overwrite countdown tile, strike tile, attack tile or anything you dont want to be there.

It is his most powerfull skill that make him OP. This skill will even do a better job at board reset than red at time.

Additionally if you need a specific tile to use a power you can often get it using the blue. Let's say you need one pink to use magnetic translocation and finish off an opponent. Find a row or column with a pink tile and 2 blue close enough together.

It's the most versatile skill in the game.

Additionally, it overwrites any type of tile, unlike m mags or gray widow, so in a pinch you can use it to overwrite timers, or even attack/strike/defense tiles that are annoying you
    Why do people keep adding what i already mention as additionally.
  • C: Leave Mags at 5/5/3

This is the best build if you have Patch/Punisher/strike tile generator in your party because it allows insane spamming. The 5th point in red is ALMOST as valuable as the 5th in blue, IMHO. I re-specced from 5/3/5 to 5/5/3 and both builds are viable. The purple damage maxes out for me at 3199 I believe, whereas it used to be 6-8k+. Definitely fun times. 5/5/3 or 5/3/5 (if you like seeing huge numbers) is the place to be amigo.
  • For Magnetic Translocation with Strike Tiles on the board...

Is it
    (1) (13*636) + Strike tile damage; or
    (2) 13*(636 + Strike tile damage)?
  • it's (1), option 2 would be a little bit rediculous
  • NokkonWud
    NokkonWud Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I'm starting to think this cover doesn't actually exist icon_razz.gif. After 102 days of consecutive play I have had every cover at least once bar this. icon_e_sad.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    With villain Lightning rounds starting today, you have a good chance of getting Magneto covers, I know I pulled at least 5-6 from Diabolical tokens.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone know what the damage per swap is for lvl 3 and lvl 4 on a lvl 141 Magnetic Translocation?
    I know the number of swaps obviously but I've heard but have seen no conformation of a damage increase per swap.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Does anyone know what the damage per swap is for lvl 3 and lvl 4 on a lvl 141 Magnetic Translocation?
    I know the number of swaps obviously but I've heard but have seen no conformation of a damage increase per swap.

I have lvl141 cMags with 4 purple and he does 546 damage per swap. Don't know about lvl 3 damage though.
  • over_clocked
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I went out of my way and googled S.H.I.E.L.D dudes' rosters.
    Level 3 Translocation at level 141 does 457 damage per swap (up to 7) - Flash.
    Level 4 Translocation does 546 damage per swap (up to 9) - Polarity.
  • over_clocked
    What's with the crazy PvE scaling more often than not, I will probably keep my own Magneto's purple at five, it's just superb and easily sustainable with your own blue. My lvl 79 Magneto already does slightly more damage with purple than lvl 4 Translocation at lvl 141.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I went out of my way and googled S.H.I.E.L.D dudes' rosters.
    Level 3 Translocation at level 141 does 457 damage per swap (up to 7) - Flash.
    Level 4 Translocation does 546 damage per swap (up to 9) - Polarity.

That's very handy .. I've updated the Compendium. Perhaps you can do more research for Secret/Undocumented Cover Bonuses.
  • Seems like the new trendy thing is to go from 5/3/5 to 5/5/3.

I've got a 5/3/5 with a red about to expire but am leaning towards keeping 5/3/5 still. What's everyone else running?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    entropic01 wrote:
    Seems like the new trendy thing is to go from 5/3/5 to 5/5/3.

I've got a 5/3/5 with a red about to expire but am leaning towards keeping 5/3/5 still. What's everyone else running?

5/4/4 is working pretty well for me. This puts purple at 4.9k as opposed to 3.2k which I think just passes the threshold of doing good enough damage, while leaving red somewhat spammable. This build also hedges against the nerfs since its easier to respec from a hybrid build.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I too am using a 5/4/4 Magneto after making the change from 4/5/4. He's my most powerful offensive weapon.
  • I was planning for 5/5/3. In practice I arrived at 4/4/4 at some point and learned to like purple. Then was short in LR and got 4/4/5. Learned to love purple a LOT really icon_e_smile.gif. Then finally won the last blue and now have 5/4/4 with spare purple. That will not likely be applied.

5 blue: 4 worked really well, but 5 means the "best" and most frequent thing you do, the 5-match is free rather than draining 1. It's a huge difference absolutely worth having.

Purple: damage potential fell from 7500 to 4500 from downgrade (lvl126?) What is way less really, but in practice I rarely see more than 9 blue sitting, even if I plant 2 myself. The drop of per-tile is still a pain but we can't have it all, can we? 4500 is still quite a punch. But going more down to 3 makes the skill really an afterthought only instead of a good weapon you may prime for as first shot.

Red: I use it a lot for both boar fixing and insane damage with tiles. for 2 AP it would really rock, but still very good with 3. With 4 it's value is massively **** though, and if saved for purple you soon notice that red is the tool that summons replacement of exhausted blues. So without you'll likely shot smaller purples.

So for now I'm happy with the 5/4/4 and consider the other build worse for my playing style. But suggest everyone to consider his party and play approach for the build.