Deadpool daily overhaul?

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not QoL update we were promised. It rather sound like a cheap version of it. 2 cp and a taco? For real (ok maybe some extra iso in progression if I read correctly). This is supposed to be a big change?

Let me repeat that - 2cp and a taco.

Sure - I will keep playing it. Making enchilada easier is also welcome. Not that it was difficult for a 4* team but just took time.

These are not the changes we are looking for!!!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I for one welcome all new sources of CP.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Nevermind the fact that now we need to have all 2/3/4* rostered just to get our extra 2CP. So really, this isn't quite the QOL bump they suggested. It's really kind of a wash for everyone.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having 5 days to complete Crash IS an improvement, I'll say that at least
    Magic wrote:
    It's not QoL update we were promised. It rather sound like a cheap version of it. 2 cp and a taco? For real (ok maybe some extra iso in progression if I read correctly). This is supposed to be a big change?

Let me repeat that - 2cp and a taco.
    That's a 50% increase in tacos! 50%!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm underwhelmed. Good news they didn't make it worse, which with them is certainly possible.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's still an improvement.

...man have my MPQ expectations lowered. icon_redface.gif
  • broll
    fmftint wrote:

I guess, but if you couldn't beat it on day 1 what does having 4 extra days to try really going to help? Seems like a silly change to me. They should have made it change everyday to similar to TBE.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:

This. And the extra daily taco means hoarding enough to empty the taco vault went from 150 days to 100 days. Also another daily node to get +10 xp for only one clear.

Yeah it's not revolutionary, but it's a nice improvement.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not saying it's not an improvement. But adding 500 would also be an improvement. This change is just too minor to please the players.
  • broll
    Nepenthe wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

This. And the extra daily taco means hoarding enough to empty the taco vault went from 150 days to 100 days. Also another daily node to get +10 xp for only one clear.

Yeah it's not revolutionary, but it's a nice improvement.

Assuming they still alternate back and forth it goes from 300 to 200. Now it can be done in under a year.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gutted. Was really hoping - like, REALLY HOPING - for a 4* equivalent to TBE.

More stuff is always welcome, but it's a pretty lacklustre "improvement" imo.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm happy and appreciative of the changes.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

I guess, but if you couldn't beat it on day 1 what does having 4 extra days to try really going to help? Seems like a silly change to me. They should have made it change everyday to similar to TBE.

Yeah, I really don't see the point of it.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Gutted. Was really hoping - like, REALLY HOPING - for a 4* equivalent to TBE.

More stuff is always welcome, but it's a pretty lacklustre "improvement" imo.

I think a large party of people were hoping for a 4* TBE. This is a pretty compelling statement that it will likely never happen. If it does, it will be a few years away given the updates to DDQ. We might even be on 6* at that point...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay. A 4* every 10 days. Oh, what's that? It could be a 5*? A 5* every 100 days, 3 a year.

"Progress"?

Only if you don't think about how many 5* covers will be released before this helps you get any of them.
  • Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Overall I think it's a nice change. At least it'll feel like something different in when you're doing DDQ now. Not going to lie though, I was also hoping for a daily Crash of the Titans as well. Kind of a bummer that is staying at 5 days cycles. I guess the COTT change is good for those who struggle to finish it on day one, now the have all 5 days to complete it.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    2 CP a day and 1 more taco (garbage) token...

This seriously cant be your fix to 5* acquisition rate.
  • Wetzilla
    Wetzilla Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    broll wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

Yeah, I really don't see the point of it.

Not everyone can play every day. 4 extra days also gives you time to gain more covers and ISO to level up characters.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    broll wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

4 days worth of ISO to level the character? Get lucky and pull another cover from a token in the 4 days? 4 days to finish saving enough CP to buy a cover? 4 days to get enough covers of their feeder to earn a cover? It's not that hard for things to change within 4 days.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I think expecting a daily 4* cover was probably a bit much. I'd love it just as much as the next person, but given how short the period of time was between DPD's initial launch and my roster getting every 3* fully covered, I can see the argument in not repeating that for 4*s in the interest of game longevity.

The thing that I'm more disappointed about is the lack of additional ISO. Intercepts have helped out somewhat in that department but I was really hoping to see further increases to that flow. On a related note it seems a bit ridiculous to make a point of saying there are more progression rewards when a more apt statement would be there is one more progression reward. Current language is technically true but definitely an overstatement.

Lastly I'm just hoping that the levels on the new burrito node aren't too crazy. Requiring specific teams is a neat idea in theory and overall the majority of what I'm seeing is pretty synergistic, but some of the ones they've listed have me worried. A minor concern sure, but something I think merits mention.

Overall I welcome any sort of additional daily resources and praise Demi/D3 for making any sort of positive change at all, but they're definitely playing things safe with these changes.
This discussion has been closed.