Deadpool daily overhaul?

Comments

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Is no one else worried that they're going to bring their precious scaling metrics and tight fisted reward schematics to DDQ and make it just as unpalatable as other PvE experiences?

"Here's a daily 4* node, 6 waves of level 350 Ultron Sentries! Complete the node and receive 1 4* chip, exchange 5 chips for one 4* cover of the featured character! Enjoy!"
    whoa, this would make a lot of choices indefinitely easier.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    And we are not certain yet that it will be a daily 4* reward. I still somewhat doubt that. Anyway - the US is only waking up (maybe drinking coffee) so let's give them a bit of time to deliver the announcement. It will not go live today anyway (probably on Thursday earliest with the patch? aren't they usually on Thursdays?)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    And we are not certain yet that it will be a daily 4* reward. I still somewhat doubt that. Anyway - the US is only waking up (maybe drinking coffee) so let's give them a bit of time to deliver the announcement. It will not go live today anyway (probably on Thursday earliest with the patch? aren't they usually on Thursdays?)
    I Believe at least parts of the management are on West Coast time too, so we probably won't hear anything for several more hours.
    There's usually a patch on Tuesdays, it can screw up your Lightning round seed teams if you aren't careful. icon_e_smile.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    And we are not certain yet that it will be a daily 4* reward. I still somewhat doubt that.
    I'm pretty certain we are not getting a daily 4* from DDQ, but some number of CP available.

But then I was pretty certain another event would have started opposite The Gauntlet.
  • Looks like they replaced the deadpool graphic with the old DPD graphic. So they are going to cover it up?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like they replaced the deadpool graphic with the old DPD graphic. So they are going to cover it up?

Keep in mind that the old graphic always changed on 4* Challenge day. Those four yellow stars around the bonus node are not normally there. My guess is that the reversion is not a true reversion, but just switching to the normal day 5 screen and will go back to super-chalk drawing background tomorrow.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Magic wrote:
    I Believe at least parts of the management are on West Coast time too, so we probably won't hear anything for several more hours.
    There's usually a patch on Tuesdays, it can screw up your Lightning round seed teams if you aren't careful. icon_e_smile.gif

There is generally a data push every business day between 4:30 and 5:30, Eastern Time. They do a full update every two weeks - we're not due one of those until a week from today. I expect they'll give us some clue to what it's likely later this week, and we'll get the full version on the next patch, after they introduce Coulson this weekend.

New characters are included in the full update (which is why they give hints when they post about the patch.) Changing DDQ doesn't necessarily need to be done in the full update (it's just an event, after all, they can tweak those without either a patch or data push,) but they probably will. If there's any kind of new code (something that isn't a part of established events,) it definitely will be a patch.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby is active now, any chance we can get a more official update on DDQ change?
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    We all have bosses , I suspect that Brigby was told to remove them by somebody so you can't hold him responsible.

At least we know there are changes coming

Tuesday now so we will no doubt get the promised update from brigby in the next few hours icon_e_smile.gif
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    broll wrote:
    Brigby is active now, any chance we can get a more official update on DDQ change?

Preview thread has current Deadpool schedule, and for tomorrow, says "TBD"

EXCITING
  • DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    giphy.gif
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:

Preview thread has current Deadpool schedule, and for tomorrow, says "TBD"

EXCITING

Came to note the same.

EXCITED.
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I see the Deadpool background is back to normal, i think it was the "redacted" version this morning.....but i blew through DPD so i dont really remember.

so, i think the next DPD is the same format. we may just learn what the update is starting tomorrow.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    DJSquiggy wrote:
    I see the Deadpool background is back to normal, i think it was the "redacted" version this morning.....but i blew through DPD so i dont really remember.

so, i think the next DPD is the same format. we may just learn what the update is starting tomorrow.
    pheregas wrote:
    Keep in mind that the old graphic always changed on 4* Challenge day. Those four yellow stars around the bonus node are not normally there. My guess is that the reversion is not a true reversion, but just switching to the normal day 5 screen and will go back to super-chalk drawing background tomorrow.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    New info about DDQ under the"Help" button within the game! Good changes overall: Easier BE, More Iso, CP node, Crash available everyday
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    firethorne wrote:
    DJSquiggy wrote:

pheregas wrote:

icon_eek.gif ....... icon_redface.gif
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    New info about DDQ under the"Help" button within the game! Good changes overall: Easier BE, More Iso, CP node, Crash available everyday

For easy forum reading -

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/mar ... -22nd-2017
  • firethorne
    Punter1 wrote:

For easy forum reading -

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/mar ... -22nd-2017

So, an extra 2 CP a day, a third taco, and the Crash is available every day (but still only resets once every five).
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gutted, I was hoping for a 4* version of the Big E that rewarding a 4* cover on rotation. Or a crash everyday even if they made it a 4* only token lottery.
  • firethorne
    Yeah, an extra spin of the RNG wheel of misfortune once every 10 days is a bit underwhelming.
This discussion has been closed.