Deadpool daily overhaul?

Comments

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    firethorne wrote:
    icon_lol.gif Yep. It is sort of absurd. Though, I guess I should feel privileged, now being redacted twice this month for stuff that was clearly visible in game (the first being Coulson).

I get the Agent Coulson covers being censored. Those weren't something that literally everyone who plays the game could see without some searching and knowing who to look for.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, if you're gonna halfheartedly redact stuff you might as well go full Sean Spicer and delete everything, then claim any images that are already out there are "fake news."
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    The whole thing seems intriguing! But I am more excited Bout the "health bar?" On the right hand side!!
    So the extreme thing might be some sort of boss with a health bar?
    Oh the possibilities!!!
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Maybe it will be a daily/weekly alliance boss battle?
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    NMANOZ wrote:
    Maybe it will be a daily/weekly alliance boss battle?

Do we get a "Cannot Connect with Shield Servers" node?
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Jarvind wrote:
    Man, if you're gonna halfheartedly redact stuff you might as well go full Sean Spicer and delete everything, then claim any images that are already out there are "fake news."

It looks like there's going to be an update to DDQ.

Demi: FAKE NEWS!

The screen is already in the game. I can load it up. It's right here. Yeah, you can see it, there are references to more nodes at different star levels.

Demi: ALTERNATIVE FACTS!!

It's really not a big deal, DDQ is due for an update and players will probably welcome it.

Demi: DDQ is working as intended and has the full confidence of the developers, period.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    *puts on tin foil hat*

Is it just me or is this happening a lot all of the sudden? Like every new thing they release. Maybe this is their new marketing strategy to try to build hype by making is think we aren't supposed to know. Reminds me of the Cartman Land South Park episode.

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/152804/ca ... commercial

I mean really if this was a mistake why wouldn't they fix it before a long holiday weekend? Why would they redact images on the forums when it's visable to all in game.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get the impression that this was not known to be widespread yesterday, and I personally didn't have access to the new art. However, it did appear for me today (I'm on iOS, if that informs anything.)

Whomever is in charge of queuing up and activating their new content needs a better system of doing so and at the very least one other person double-checking their work.

Between all of the bugs and accidental releases as of late, it makes me wonder if they lost some senior staff members and are now either in a stage of growing pains as they fill the void they left, or just overworked and getting sloppy as everyone tries to perform in more than one role at once.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    Between all of the bugs and accidental releases as of late, it makes me wonder if they lost some senior staff members and are now either in a stage of growing pains as they fill the void they left, or just overworked and getting sloppy as everyone tries to perform in more than one role at once.

According to Glassdoor, Demiurge has a "QA Tester - Hourly Contractor" at $13 to $14 an hour. The fact that it's low pay and contract work (i.e. not an internal or salaried employee, no benefits, etc.) doesn't encourage fastidious work. That could help explain all of the bugs.

As for accidentally pushing content live before intended, that's on D3's team. Either the person/people responsible are doing sloppy work or the API they use to do so is an unreliable nightmare.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Skrofa wrote:
    The whole thing seems intriguing! But I am more excited Bout the "health bar?" On the right hand side!!
    Oh the possibilities!!!

I thought he had that "health bar" scribble on DPvsMPQ background since its first run.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Delighted for any changes. Most excited I've been since the champion levels were introduced, so I hope they dont let us down.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    BearVenger wrote:
    Skrofa wrote:
    Oh the possibilities!!!

I thought he had that "health bar" scribble on DPvsMPQ background since its first run.
    In some PVE's way back when there was a point bar that had to be cleared by the player base to unlock the final node in the event. Once they set it so high we never unlocked the final node and no one could hit the progression rewards. This was also when hitting the final progression meant doing full clears every 3 hours and a grind at the end. Oh the final progression was also a 3*.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    In some PVE's way back when there was a point bar that had to be cleared by the player base to unlock the final node in the event. Once they set it so high we never unlocked the final node and no one could hit the progression rewards. This was also when hitting the final progression meant doing full clears every 3 hours and a grind at the end. Oh the final progression was also a 3*.

Back when Prodigal Sun was a freakin nightmare to complete. When they ran two sub events at the same time and you were expected to fully clear both if you wanted the best rewards. One sub event would be easier (finishing on Normal difficulty with maybe a couple of Hards) and the other would be brutal. I always dreaded Hell's Kitchen because of Daredevil and the GSBW/Shield Sniper/Shield Sniper combo. If they didn't lay down a bunch of devestating green nuke countdown timers, GSBW would save it all up and green AOE you instead.

I believe it was the Hood PvE that had that intel goal, the one that ends with the Hood & CMags node. My memory might be hazy though.

Hoo boy, while the PvEs do feel a little too similar to each other these days, I'm so glad they ditched the two-sub-events thing back in the day.

One of the worst events they did was making Hulk a 4 day event. Fancy 8 hour refreshes with 12 hour sub events? Oh sure, you got tokens thick and fast, but you had to play the game, for example, 12pm when the event opened. 8pm when the points had refreshed. Somewhere close to 12am to grind the nodes down to 0, then after 12am on the new sub event. Then 8am when the points refreshed, etc etc. 6 hits a day for 4 days. It was horrible...
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    mega ghost wrote:
    mega ghost wrote:

According to Glassdoor, Demiurge has a "QA Tester - Hourly Contractor" at $13 to $14 an hour. The fact that it's low pay and contract work (i.e. not an internal or salaried employee, no benefits, etc.) doesn't encourage fastidious work. That could help explain all of the bugs.

As for accidentally pushing content live before intended, that's on D3's team. Either the person/people responsible are doing sloppy work or the API they use to do so is an unreliable nightmare.

Low pay is par for the course in the world of games QA. I'd be more surprised if they were paying their QA staff more than that.

There are a number of reasons for this, but the one I see most cited is that games don't benefit as much from automation testing - or at least, most games don't. They're usually one-and-done, it's hard to reuse the effort of designing automated testing tools. You could argue that mobile games like MPQ are run as a service over a number of years, and so putting the effort in to develop and maintain automated QA tools is more justifiable. The point is that a lower level of automation means lower-skilled testers who command a lower wage.
  • Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Hoo boy, while the PvEs do feel a little too similar to each other these days, I'm so glad they ditched the two-sub-events thing back in the day.

One of the worst events they did was making Hulk a 4 day event. Fancy 8 hour refreshes with 12 hour sub events? Oh sure, you got tokens thick and fast, but you had to play the game, for example, 12pm when the event opened. 8pm when the points had refreshed. Somewhere close to 12am to grind the nodes down to 0, then after 12am on the new sub event. Then 8am when the points refreshed, etc etc. 6 hits a day for 4 days. It was horrible...

Yep. And I remember when the Ultron boss event was released along with this kind of thing. It totally broke me. I remember looking at MPQ and going "cannot... press... swap.... welp, I'm done."

That was a 1.5 year break right there.

Game is noticeably kinder now. Four stars in progression for example....

--Khanwulf
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Cartz wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Bah. And here I wanted to get an official post going before it was teased in-game. Welp. Guess you guys beat me to it by a few minutes! icon_lol.gif

Edit: So it turns out that there are a couple of quality-of-life tweaks that the team wants to make before officially releasing it, and in doing so the artwork will not be finalized just yet. Due to this, I'm sorry but I'm afraid I need to redact some of the posted images. I'll make an official post when we get back into office on Tuesday. Thanks for understanding.

Ok so why do you need to redact images when we can all open the game and see it for ourselves?

Exactly. What on earth...........?
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Cartz wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Bah. And here I wanted to get an official post going before it was teased in-game. Welp. Guess you guys beat me to it by a few minutes! icon_lol.gif

Edit: So it turns out that there are a couple of quality-of-life tweaks that the team wants to make before officially releasing it, and in doing so the artwork will not be finalized just yet. Due to this, I'm sorry but I'm afraid I need to redact some of the posted images. I'll make an official post when we get back into office on Tuesday. Thanks for understanding.

Ok so why do you need to redact images when we can all open the game and see it for ourselves?

Exactly. What on earth...........?

It's so people would go in-game to see what the changes are and then say "well, I already started it up, might as well do another match". It's pure brilliance, it is.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind wrote:
    In Brigby's defense, Dippin' Dots are clearly not the "ice cream of the future."
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    At the risk of starting a wild rumor and getting hopes up, my guess (OK, it's more like my dream) is that they are adding a 4* Dat Required Character node and a super hard (wave?) node that nets you a 4* cover every day - but I'm probably WAY off base (and if they did do that, I'm sure some people here would complain about it, claim that they never listen to players, and demand that the entire development team be fired).
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

Don't really understand why the artwork is in the game if it isn't finalized. And yet it still can't be posted on the forums even though it's live in the game? Pretty odd.

But in any event, communication is always appreciated, even when the news is weird!
This discussion has been closed.