Deadpool daily overhaul?

evade420
evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Just opened ddq and saw a bunch of changes.
Scribbled writing everywhere saying hard extreme, Deadpool rocks etc....

Looks like update is inbound ?

Comments

• Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Opened what? Do?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay!!! I'm always excited for change! Looks like there will be more 4* challenges!! I can't wait!!

Thank you!!!!
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    It appeared for me immediately after finishing the regular five nodes. It flashed and changed to XPool and showed labeling for a couple of 4* nodes which didn't seem to exist yet. Considering today is the first day of this vault, maybe some extra nodes will appear on day 5?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Very interesting...

[Redacted]
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 wrote:
    Just opened do and saw a bunch of changes.
    Scribbled writing everywhere saying hard extreme, Deadpool rocks etc....

Looks like update is inbound ?

Huh. I did it earlier today, so I looked at it.

Yes, I'd say it looks like they're doing something interesting. At the very least they're moving some of the nodes around. It looks like you'll do one node, move to the one with ** above it, from there to the one with ** above it. Then you'll have another line that goes from *** to *** to **** (Xtreme!)

Off on the side is something labled "Hard!"

The first bit, save the "extreme" node, could just be the same DPDQ we know, or they could be changing it a bit. The "Xtreme" and "Hard!" nodes are probably something new, unless one of them is the 4* every-five-day node....
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Could this be suggesting a daily 4* node, and a weekly, super hard weekly 4* node?

God I hope so.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Bah. And here I wanted to get an official post going before it was teased in-game. Welp. Guess you guys beat me to it by a few minutes! icon_lol.gif

Edit: So it turns out that there are a couple of quality-of-life tweaks that the team wants to make before officially releasing it, and in doing so the artwork will not be finalized just yet. Due to this, I'm sorry but I'm afraid I need to redact some of the posted images. I'll make an official post when we get back into office on Tuesday. Thanks for understanding.
  • oni_889
    oni_889 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Was the teaser post called " Gone For President's Day on 2/20/17 "?
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    saw the new background for DPD i rushed here.

currently F5-ing the news and announcements thread
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Heh, I just opened DPD and have the new background but old node layout. More quality work by the dev team!
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Brigby wrote:
    Bah. And here I wanted to get an official post going before it was teased in-game. Welp. Guess you guys beat me to it by a few minutes! icon_lol.gif

Edit: So it turns out that there are a couple of quality-of-life tweaks that the team wants to make before officially releasing it, and in doing so the artwork will not be finalized just yet. Due to this, I'm sorry but I'm afraid I need to redact some of the posted images. I'll make an official post when we get back into office on Tuesday. Thanks for understanding.

Ok so why do you need to redact images when we can all open the game and see it for ourselves?
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Cartz wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

Ok so why do you need to redact images when we can all open the game and see it for ourselves?

All this. Don't post pictures of this thing that is clearly visible in the game!

Team screwed up. It is out. Deal with it.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    No teaser post brigby?
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    I mean, this is not your error but I think you kind of need to post something here, Brigby. I'm guessing that the potentially incorrect artwork will probably stay up in-game until the next hotfix, possibly as late as Tuesday afternoon, so nearly the entire player base will see it.
    You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube at this point.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    A bit of a bait and switch right before the three day weekend seems cruel, Brigby!

Anything that expands DDQ is a good thing. I'm afraid to get my hopes too up but I'm just really excited it's getting an overhaul of any kind. It can really only be good.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Obviously it is Deadpool himself mischievously giving us this sneak peak. He broke the fourth wall again.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    irwando wrote:
    Cartz wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

All this. Don't post pictures of this thing that is clearly visible in the game!

Dont get me wrong. I like brigby and all, he does a great job communicating things here, but this is a rather questionable censor.

You can give us a small tease, say something like "there's a bit of a change coming to ddq that were all excited for, but the dev team is still putting the finishing touches on."

But this isn't an image on some spoiler blog or datamined content, it's in the game, final release, for everyone to see. There's no need to censor publicly available information.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    irwando wrote:
    Cartz wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

Dont get me wrong. I like brigby and all, he does a great job communicating things here, but this is a rather questionable censor.

You can give us a small tease, say something like "there's a bit of a change coming to ddq that were all excited for, but the dev team is still putting the finishing touches on."

But this isn't an image on some spoiler blog or datamined content, it's in the game, final release, for everyone to see. There's no need to censor publicly available information.

icon_lol.gif Yep. It is sort of absurd. Though, I guess I should feel privileged, now being redacted twice this month for stuff that was clearly visible in game (the first being Coulson).
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe if we beat a pin using the characters Deadpool is holding in each hand at the same time we'll get a neat bonus! That could be fun.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    firethorne wrote:
    hough, I guess I should feel privileged, now being redacted twice this month for stuff that was clearly visible in game (the first being Coulson).

Be careful. Too many redactions can cause ... unintended side effects.

tumblr_inline_ny41q65FsS1shx9h6_500.jpg
This discussion has been closed.