Deadpool daily overhaul?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    But in any event, communication is always appreciated, even when the news is weird!
    In general, yes.

However, editing posts to remove stuff that is already visible in game, plus some vague "there's something coming, but I can't tell you what" isn't communication, that's damage control for yet another "oops, something went wrong, but we're off for the long weekend, seeya!".

Nothing against Brigby, he must hate his job sometime icon_e_wink.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    In some PVE's way back when there was a point bar that had to be cleared by the player base to unlock the final node in the event. Once they set it so high we never unlocked the final node and no one could hit the progression rewards. This was also when hitting the final progression meant doing full clears every 3 hours and a grind at the end. Oh the final progression was also a 3*.

Back when Prodigal Sun was a freakin nightmare to complete. When they ran two sub events at the same time and you were expected to fully clear both if you wanted the best rewards. One sub event would be easier (finishing on Normal difficulty with maybe a couple of Hards) and the other would be brutal. I always dreaded Hell's Kitchen because of Daredevil and the GSBW/Shield Sniper/Shield Sniper combo. If they didn't lay down a bunch of devestating green nuke countdown timers, GSBW would save it all up and green AOE you instead.

I believe it was the Hood PvE that had that intel goal, the one that ends with the Hood & CMags node. My memory might be hazy though.

Hoo boy, while the PvEs do feel a little too similar to each other these days, I'm so glad they ditched the two-sub-events thing back in the day.

One of the worst events they did was making Hulk a 4 day event. Fancy 8 hour refreshes with 12 hour sub events? Oh sure, you got tokens thick and fast, but you had to play the game, for example, 12pm when the event opened. 8pm when the points had refreshed. Somewhere close to 12am to grind the nodes down to 0, then after 12am on the new sub event. Then 8am when the points refreshed, etc etc. 6 hits a day for 4 days. It was horrible...
    I Think The Hulk was the first PvE that had a global progression bar - once it was completed the node that let you recruit Hulk opened up. It also opened two new PvE subs, so there was potentially four different subs to clear at once! That was extra fun when they tried to compress Hulk to a fourday PvE and the last two subs opened about an hour Before they closed... (This was Before time slices too I Believe).
    Thick as Thieves also had a global progression bar that opened The Meeting sub, while the other Three subs ran two times each.
    I Think both ISO-8 Brotherhood and Prodigal Sun had progression sliders in the subs themselves that opened up the one-time nodes with the big ISO rewards.
    Simulator was probably the least fun one as that had the exact same nodes in both the easy and hard subs, at least the story PvEs had some variety in their missions...
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    It'd be nice to hear what gameplay changes the new artwork heralds. I told my teenage daughter that I thought "hard" and "extreme" would eventually point at nodes. Her theory is that deadpool is saying "black panther is a hard ****."
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everything is so weird in this game lately... Let's just hope the new DDQ is great.

DDQ is one of the best single things that has come to this game, so hopefully an overhaul will make the game better.
    Quebbster wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    In some PVE's way back when there was a point bar that had to be cleared by the player base to unlock the final node in the event. Once they set it so high we never unlocked the final node and no one could hit the progression rewards. This was also when hitting the final progression meant doing full clears every 3 hours and a grind at the end. Oh the final progression was also a 3*.

Back when Prodigal Sun was a freakin nightmare to complete. When they ran two sub events at the same time and you were expected to fully clear both if you wanted the best rewards. One sub event would be easier (finishing on Normal difficulty with maybe a couple of Hards) and the other would be brutal. I always dreaded Hell's Kitchen because of Daredevil and the GSBW/Shield Sniper/Shield Sniper combo. If they didn't lay down a bunch of devestating green nuke countdown timers, GSBW would save it all up and green AOE you instead.

I believe it was the Hood PvE that had that intel goal, the one that ends with the Hood & CMags node. My memory might be hazy though.

Hoo boy, while the PvEs do feel a little too similar to each other these days, I'm so glad they ditched the two-sub-events thing back in the day.

One of the worst events they did was making Hulk a 4 day event. Fancy 8 hour refreshes with 12 hour sub events? Oh sure, you got tokens thick and fast, but you had to play the game, for example, 12pm when the event opened. 8pm when the points had refreshed. Somewhere close to 12am to grind the nodes down to 0, then after 12am on the new sub event. Then 8am when the points refreshed, etc etc. 6 hits a day for 4 days. It was horrible...
    I Think The Hulk was the first PvE that had a global progression bar - once it was completed the node that let you recruit Hulk opened up. It also opened two new PvE subs, so there was potentially four different subs to clear at once! That was extra fun when they tried to compress Hulk to a fourday PvE and the last two subs opened about an hour Before they closed... (This was Before time slices too I Believe).
    Thick as Thieves also had a global progression bar that opened The Meeting sub, while the other Three subs ran two times each.
    I Think both ISO-8 Brotherhood and Prodigal Sun had progression sliders in the subs themselves that opened up the one-time nodes with the big ISO rewards.
    Simulator was probably the least fun one as that had the exact same nodes in both the easy and hard subs, at least the story PvEs had some variety in their missions...

Ah young Padawans, you might think this was hard, but that was a piece of cake compared how things were before that! Before, the refreshes were 3 hours a part!!! If you wanted to do optimal grinds you had to wake up in the middle of the night to do one clear! And then in 3 hours you had to wake up again!!!! Ah man, it was so fun...

I still don't understand how I got addicted to this game, things were pretty hard back then... (I guess at that time people was a bit more casual in general)

PS: Playing PvP without shields was also super fun. Always having to play in the last hour of the event, having to wake up early or getting a break in the office if you were really interested in a cover icon_razz.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Everything is so weird in this game lately... Let's just hope the new DDQ is great.

DDQ is one of the best single things that has come to this game, so hopefully an overhaul will make the game better.
    Quebbster wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

Ah young Padawans, you might think this was hard, but that was a piece of cake compared how things were before that! Before, the refreshes were 3 hours a part!!! If you wanted to do optimal grinds you had to wake up in the middle of the night to do one clear! And then in 3 hours you had to wake up again!!!! Ah man, it was so fun...

I still don't understand how I got addicted to this game, things were pretty hard back then... (I guess at that time people was a bit more casual in general)

PS: Playing PvP without shields was also super fun. Always having to play in the last hour of the event, having to wake up early or getting a break in the office if you were really interested in a cover icon_razz.gif
    I remember that too. I was never quite insane enough to Wake up in the middle of the night to do clears, though I did on occassion set my alarm early to get a grind in Before I had to get up. Particularly in the shield-free PvP Days when the PvPs closed at 6AM my time and you had to grind for the end and hope for the best if you were interested in the placement Awards...
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Is no one else worried that they're going to bring their precious scaling metrics and tight fisted reward schematics to DDQ and make it just as unpalatable as other PvE experiences?

"Here's a daily 4* node, 6 waves of level 350 Ultron Sentries! Complete the node and receive 1 4* chip, exchange 5 chips for one 4* cover of the featured character! Enjoy!"
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Is no one else worried that they're going to bring their precious scaling metrics and tight fisted reward schematics to DDQ and make it just as unpalatable as other PvE experiences?

"Here's a daily 4* node, 6 waves of level 350 Ultron Sentries! Complete the node and receive 1 4* chip, exchange 5 chips for one 4* cover of the featured character! Enjoy!"

TBH that would still be an improvement to no way to get 4*s daily from DDQ icon_lol.gif
  • Timmay2
    Timmay2 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    icon_e_geek.gif I bet u use those two 4 stars in his hand to get some prize
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    I understand that DDQ used to be harder but let's also not forget that 4 star.png characters are nowadays not the rare characters they used to be. Now there are even about just as much 4 star.png s as there are 3 star.png s. That's saying a lot.

The 5 star.png s have also been growing at an alarming rate.

So, if the game wants to stay consistent and follow suite, I feel they need to make obtaining commandpoints.png and token_legendary.png more accesible than it used to be. We'll be starving for iso8.png to champ them anyway, so ...

In that regard, I think it would be cool if they could implement the following:
    1. DDQ Crash of the titans stays as it is, with rotating system
    2. Addition of a DDQ daily chalenge where you can use any 4 star.png or 5 star.png you like and get 5 commandpoints.png upon completion.

It opens the door for those like me who are in their 3 star.png -4 star.png transition to get those covers faster, because a DDQ crash of the titans only comes around ever so often and more often than not, I need to skip it because I don't have the required character or he/she is too low a level to be of use. With the above addition, I would be able to play daily and also get an extra cover every 4-5 days, without being restrained by the choice of 4 star.png
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I am hesitantly excited. DDQ getting an update with an added "harder" node is huge, because the 4* tier is taking forever to dive into. I have at least 3 of every 4*, but that isn't enough to win crashes... so any way to help us with the diluted 4* pool is nice. I do fear that the node may actually be super hard, though, making it impossible for people like me to get that new reward.

Right now, the disconnect between what the game needs (from a user perspective) and what the developers do seems to be at a near-all-time high. So, I am not pessimistic about the change... but I am also not holding my breath yet. I don't want to get all pumped up for the "quality of life" changes they keep talking about, only to find out they are super far behind in development or that the changes are pretty lousy. Trying to stay positive, please don't let me down here!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    But in any event, communication is always appreciated, even when the news is weird!
    In general, yes.

However, editing posts to remove stuff that is already visible in game, plus some vague "there's something coming, but I can't tell you what" isn't communication, that's damage control for yet another "oops, something went wrong, but we're off for the long weekend, seeya!".

Nothing against Brigby, he must hate his job sometime icon_e_wink.gif

And my point is that I would much rather see demi/d3 engage players with attempted damage control than redact content with no comment.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Crnch73 wrote:
    I am hesitantly excited. DDQ getting an update with an added "harder" node is huge, because the 4* tier is taking forever to dive into. I have at least 3 of every 4*, but that isn't enough to win crashes... so any way to help us with the diluted 4* pool is nice. I do fear that the node may actually be super hard, though, making it impossible for people like me to get that new reward.

Right now, the disconnect between what the game needs (from a user perspective) and what the developers do seems to be at a near-all-time high. So, I am not pessimistic about the change... but I am also not holding my breath yet. I don't want to get all pumped up for the "quality of life" changes they keep talking about, only to find out they are super far behind in development or that the changes are pretty lousy. Trying to stay positive, please don't let me down here!

Even if the node is really hard, that'd be a great improvement. I remember the days when I couldn't regularly beat TBE, but it was always there, giving me something to work towards to. That concept exists now with the Crash, but it's so far between each one, it feels like an eternity sometimes before another comes up that I can win. Having something everyday is a much better solution. Hell, it's called Deadpool's Daily Quest, right?
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Anything that adds up to what's already there will be welcomed and appreciated. Anything that substracts will be received with a guaranteed complaint.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    DDQ back to normal again today... still hoping that that new background will be a preview of an improved DDQ!
  • inadreves1
    inadreves1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Next Clash is icon_deadpool.png this Sunday... good day to release new stuff
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 wrote:
    DDQ back to normal again today... still hoping that that new background will be a preview of an improved DDQ!

Yeah I guess it is because today there is a crash of the titans, and this needs a different background screen. So they 'updated' the regular screen. Maybe because in the new DDQ, everyday there is a crash of the titan similar node !!!

Hopefully tomorrow we will have the new and improved DDQ, background and new nodes icon_razz.gif
  • AlphaNik
    AlphaNik Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Alfje17 wrote:

Shouldn't we get some news about this today?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    AlphaNik wrote:
    Alfje17 wrote:

We should have got new about it Friday...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    AlphaNik wrote:
    Alfje17 wrote:

We should have got new about it Friday...

Well, if we were going by "should" we "should" have had daily 4* DDQ six months ago, to match the time when they started daily DDQ for 3*'s with the same number of characters.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can be patient. My only concern is what they think 4* DDQ should be. As in, will it just give us 1 CP per day, not a 4* cover? Better, I suppose, but still a long way from what we need.
This discussion has been closed.