Heroes Only Lightning Round April 9-11 (new dates)

Options

Comments

• Global wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    Two people attacked me while I was picking off seed teams!

...and they both lost. Those jerks are going to untank my MMR.

EDIT: Again! Grr.

I actually had this happen to me about 4 times. Are there people out there just jumping in, then retreating as well now? That's a new kind of tanking.

Happens all the time to me, especially in the villain rounds.

Who in their right mind attacks max Mags/Rags/Hood in the first 5 minutes of a lightning round???
  • I skipped until -10 iso and couldn't find a seed team to save my life. Tried the least threatening team and got creamed(man the loaner's uni-beam is worthless icon_mad.gif ).

Anyone know if you have to win a node in order to load your team for matchmaking?
  • IHatePVP wrote:
    I skipped until -10 iso and couldn't find a seed team to save my life. Tried the least threatening team and got creamed(man the loaner's uni-beam is worthless icon_mad.gif ).

Anyone know if you have to win a node in order to load your team for matchmaking?

You usually need to start within the very first minutes of the event - sometimes starting just a couple minutes past the beginning can keep you from getting seed teams. MMR apparently affects this.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    I just love the LR jockeying spurred by the nerfed tokens: "I'm 35th place.", "No, I AM!", "Nuh-UH!"
  • HailMary
    Options
    Who in their right mind attacks max Mags/Rags/Hood in the first 5 minutes of a lightning round???
    Possibly someone who has no familiarity with their epicness: "Oh, look, its Purple Floaty-thing Guy, Jankety Thor, and Emo Frodo. I GOT DIS."
  • HailMary wrote:
    Possibly someone who has no familiarity with their epicness: "Oh, look, its Purple Floaty-thing Guy, Jankety Thor, and Emo Frodo. I GOT DIS."

"I never see these guys. They must be terrible."
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Decided to win until I won the standard token progression reward. All five teams were seed teams. At least I think Battle Angel (however you spell it) is a seed team? Lvl 116 IM40, max CStorm, max mBW.
  • TazFTW wrote:
    Decided to win until I won the standard token progression reward. All five teams were seed teams. At least I think Battle Angel (however you spell it) is a seed team? Lvl 116 IM40, max CStorm, max mBW.

Battle Angel is indeed a seed team. The anti-bagman of seed teams.
  • icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif First time in a long time I actually try for top in LR, I get to top, shield at 30 min. end up in third with the first place guy saved in a node (unfortunately on forest level) unsheild at 4 min and use boosts for a quick match win and hopefully LR win. AI gets a **** lucky cascade that gives them 50 environment. 5000 Molotov and recharges later, I die, end up only top 8. Then I pull two two stars from the tokens. I am **** done. Tanking for every round now. AHHHHHH. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • Add me to the list of those who managed to get Bullseye from their Courageous token. Not pleased.

/Next week Courageous Tokens will only give Bagman. He is after all only for the truly courageous.
  • Just pulled a green Thor Pigface from one of my Heroics, so participation hasn't been completely in vain.
  • http://i.imgur.com/V4Birwf.jpg
    Örm, is there an anti tank team on the prowl here?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I'm getting absolutely hammered.

By tanking surrenders icon_lol.gif
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:

Yeah, i aim for the 250 iso and thats it. 100 pts and tank team. Dont know if what im doing is counter-productive, but im loving LRs. I get tons of iso. Specially on the evil one.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    finwe wrote:
    http://i.imgur.com/V4Birwf.jpg

99 tokens??
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No more lightning rounds? I only see Hotshot as an event.
  • Got a yelana and a blue DD from my standard heroic tokens, more ISO than my alliance members got from their courageous tokens. heh.
  • Nope.

Punisher just went up.

Pun/Bag/DD.
    Swing hard, forum-goers!
  • HailMary
    Options
    ichijuan wrote:
    finwe wrote:
    http://i.imgur.com/V4Birwf.jpg

99 tokens??
    He's got 99 tokens but a 3* ain't in one.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    :evil: icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif First time in a long time I actually try for top in LR, I get to top, shield at 30 min. end up in third with the first place guy saved in a node (unfortunately on forest level) unsheild at 4 min and use boosts for a quick match win and hopefully LR win. AI gets a **** lucky cascade that gives them 50 environment. 5000 Molotov and recharges later, I die, end up only top 8. Then I pull two two stars from the tokens. I am tinykitty done. Tanking for every round now. AHHHHHH. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

If you really think you're going to die in your last battle before the time lapses, it's ever so slightly better to just stop playing and finish the match 5ish minutes after the end time. Rewards will be calculated before you finish your match.