Heroes Only Lightning Round April 9-11 (new dates)

Options

Comments

• T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The funny thing is that I started a thread yesterday asking what are the chances of me making top 25 with my current roster.

With this change to courageous tokens I couldn't care less now.
  • I keep getting repeatedly hit by that 0000101010noob0010100011 guy so I can't even break the top 50. icon_cry.gif
  • So the single token you can buy says "double the chance of featured hero". Does that mean you have about a 8% chance of getting a 3*? The "featured" term is misleading. It's any of the 5 instead of the hero currently used in the LR, right? The Courageous token you earned from the LR gave a guaranteed 3*. Could the tokens you buy be different than the ones earned?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    UncleSam wrote:
    So the single token you can buy says "double the chance of featured hero". Does that mean you have about a 8% chance of getting a 3*? The "featured" term is misleading. It's any of the 5 instead of the hero currently used in the LR, right? The Courageous token you earned from the LR gave a guaranteed 3*. Could the tokens you buy be different than the ones earned?
    Bought one because I only saw the price and not the description (...yeah, I know) and got a red Punisher, so yeah, it's one of the five featured.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    Next update, the tokens will have a 10% chance of just telling you that the journey is its own reward.

Still sounds better than 20 ISO.

In b4 tokens start to have a chance at 20 iso. icon_eek.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    did anyone get anything nice from their courageous tokens? I only got 2 heroics, which predictably produced 2* covers.
  • locked wrote:
    did anyone get anything nice from their courageous tokens? I only got 2 heroics, which predictably produced 2* covers.

My alliance member got OBW/Hawkeye....what a joke. Heroic LR is officially a waste of time now. Terrible change.
  • Since im at the low levels (highest only in the 20s so far) I should probably just wait till i have higher levels for future tourny like theses. I'll stick to the hotshot event.
  • Looks like my "Give A Sh!t Meter" is now reading 0 for Heroic LRs.

Once I hit 50 and get my standard token, I'm tanking.
  • Pamizard wrote:
    Since im at the low levels (highest only in the 20s so far) I should probably just wait till i have higher levels for future tourny like theses. I'll stick to the hotshot event.

You can still hit the seed teams for ISO and a recruit token. Common practice is to get to 50 then bail out, letting others beat your team and place in the top 100,000 for 70 ISO. You get Token, 2-3 wins worth of ISO, and the 70 reward ~= 300-400 ISO for like 10 minutes.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You guys should try to go for at least 100: you get enough seed teams to do so, and you get substantially more iso for doing so. I usually just keep on playing until I don't get anymore seed teams: most efficient way of farming iso by far.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    ^ Ditto, I think I made 200+ pts on seed teams alone.
  • Wow what garbage. Freaking 2* Bullseye for my token. WOOHOO
  • Hulk is next.

Wonder which cover the loaner gets.

(Hint: not black)
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You guys should try to go for at least 100: you get enough seed teams to do so, and you get substantially more iso for doing so. I usually just keep on playing until I don't get anymore seed teams: most efficient way of farming iso by far.

Yup. Figure it will most typically take you 5 fights to get to 100. That works out to

- Average 135 per fight (70/140 + 30) for 675 iso
    - 140 for 25 points
    - 250 for 100 points
    - 100 iso min for Standard token, assuming you pull an unneeded 1* cover

= 1,165 iso on average for your work
  • In my case, I care more about the covers than the ISO at the moment because all my good heroes are maxed out.

The guys I can level at the moment are garbage, like Daredevil, Bullseye, and Moonstone.

I may still go ahead and get some ISO to prep for getting Rags from the Torch tourney or someone from the Heroic Venom, but I'm not really feeling like giving an effort against the freaking Hulk to do it.
  • Teke184,

Just go to 100 on seed teams like everyone else is talking. 1k+ ISO for minimal effort. Save your ISO and when your covers come you can make huge jumps in levels. I speak from personal experience.
  • Teke184 wrote:
    In my case, I care more about the covers than the ISO at the moment because all my good heroes are maxed out.

The guys I can level at the moment are garbage, like Daredevil, Bullseye, and Moonstone.

I may still go ahead and get some ISO to prep for getting Rags from the Torch tourney or someone from the Heroic Venom, but I'm not really feeling like giving an effort against the freaking Hulk to do it.

This is why you tank the hulk rounds. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Two people attacked me while I was picking off seed teams!

...and they both lost. Those jerks are going to untank my MMR.

EDIT: Again! Grr.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Two people attacked me while I was picking off seed teams!

...and they both lost. Those jerks are going to untank my MMR.

EDIT: Again! Grr.

It pushes your score up, meaning more people will probably attack you later. Unless the token change means that LRs will now consist 100% of people trying to tank their mmrs.