Heroes Only Lightning Round April 9-11 (new dates)

Options

Comments

• Ghast wrote:
    Two people attacked me while I was picking off seed teams!

...and they both lost. Those jerks are going to untank my MMR.

EDIT: Again! Grr.

I actually had this happen to me about 4 times. Are there people out there just jumping in, then retreating as well now? That's a new kind of tanking.
  • Global wrote:
    Ghast wrote:

I actually had this happen to me about 4 times. Are there people out there just jumping in, then retreating as well now? That's a new kind of tanking.

It's the new metagame, you buy more roster slots so you can kill more 1 stars. Whoever can commit the most suicide wins.
  • i think its better off for me getting the ranks for isos. I dont see myself getting the top. Oh well going for recruit tokens is good for me. As long as it gives me something to improve my two stars, who are stuck at level 6 i managed to get captain america buffed but only up to level 8
  • doneskis wrote:
    Global wrote:
    Ghast wrote:

It's the new metagame, you buy more roster slots so you can kill more 1 stars. Whoever can commit the most suicide wins.

To be fair, those slots are going to be replaced with at least one new 3* character every 9 days.

I thought about buying space for 1* tank teams, but I would rather save the HP in case I want to buy a few covers all at once. Just waiting to get a look at Über Daken.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Well, I'm torn. I really, really wanted another yellow Spidey, being stuck with one since my Prologue days, also wanted a black Hulk in case the universe wanted to smile upon me or something. But instead I have a better (?) option to simply work on Iso reserves and level the covers I already got.

Not to mention slacking less at work. I guess thanks devs? icon_lol.gif
  • Ghast wrote:
    doneskis wrote:
    Global wrote:
    Ghast wrote:

To be fair, those slots are going to be replaced with at least one new 3* character every 9 days.

I thought about buying space for 1* tank teams, but I would rather save the HP in case I want to buy a few covers all at once. Just waiting to get a look at Über Daken.

Yeah but regardless, that is the metagame, need big roster size so you can send them all to death.
  • Global wrote:
    Ghast wrote:

That's my go-to tanking tactic. Works like a charm, especially when you get a loaned character.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghast wrote:

You just did the same to me! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Don't tell me you lost to the mighty Bagman & Hawkeye icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Ghast wrote:

You just did the same to me! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Don't tell me you lost to the mighty Bagman & Hawkeye icon_e_wink.gif

Turns out Bag-Man's purple power deals 9,999 damage now. Or maybe it had always done that and nobody ever saw it.

Honest.
  • After 2 months of playing and seeing LRs as something for the real contenders, finally getting 9th and getting a 6th 2* Wolverine Green cover was quite the kick in the nuts.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    i think its better off for me getting the ranks for isos. I dont see myself getting the top. Oh well going for recruit tokens is good for me. As long as it gives me something to improve my two stars, who are stuck at level 6 i managed to get captain america buffed but only up to level 8
    This is a good plan: fight the low-level seed teams for completion Iso and the first few Iso/token rewards. Without a solid 2* team, it's going to be tough getting meaningful placements.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Unless the token change means that LRs will now consist 100% of people trying to tank their mmrs.
    Winning is for losers! icon_lol.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    We waited so long for this, I'm already scared of Heroic Venom icon_e_biggrin.gif I guess no boosts allowed and if you die in a match, that node just closes for you till the end of the event.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    We waited so long for this, I'm already scared of Heroic Venom icon_e_biggrin.gif I guess no boosts allowed and if you die in a match, that node just closes for you till the end of the event.
    I approve of this - that should keep community scaling wayyyy down icon_lol.gif
  • At least Lightning Rounds are still serving one of their most useful purposes: see walkyourpath at the top near the end of a LR, join Hotshot bracket while you know he's busy
  • gamar wrote:
    At least Lightning Rounds are still serving one of their most useful purposes: see walkyourpath at the top near the end of a LR, join Hotshot bracket while you know he's busy

and for us new people, dont do it to get to the top, just do it a few times to get a recruit token and a few isos xD and let the pros beat you anyway with ur weak heroes
  • My tank squad just got hit by a 42* Hulk / 57* Punisher / 40 Yelena.

I say again, 40 Yelena.

Clearly not a forumite.
  • Model 40 is Next.

Happy tanking!
  • First time actually having a free 90 minutes to compete in an LR...figured I'd give it a shot with my 85 Punisher/85 OBW/not-so-hulked Hulk. Got to Top 25 on the backs of seed teams, than got hit for -100 in the last 5 minutes (Thanks Django, got hit three times by Tempestos after deliberately skipping HailMary and bughunt). icon_e_smile.gif Ouch. Not so sad about it now after reading about the Courageous nerf, though.
  • IHatePVP wrote:
    Model 40 is Next.

Happy tanking!

might have to skip the first time for Iron Man 40

Need to charge up my google tablet xD. But still, as a new player I can only do so much to get myself a couple of Iso and a recruit token