Heroes Only Lightning Round April 9-11 (new dates)

Options

Comments

• Courageous tokens are Heroic tokens with a boosted chance at getting the featured hero
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Courageous tokens are Heroic tokens with a boosted chance at getting the featured hero
    Then the question becomes: does the total 3* probability increase, and if so, by how much?
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    Decided to win until I won the standard token progression reward. All five teams were seed teams. At least I think Battle Angel (however you spell it) is a seed team? Lvl 116 IM40, max CStorm, max mBW.

You can find out if any squad is a seed team by clicking on roster. D3 won't display their rosters.

Personally I think it would be funnier if the seed teams had rosters with max IW and X-Force Wolvie but choose not to use them.
  • That's that, people.

The cycle now repeats ad-nauseam until 11 APR.

Whatever your goals, good luck to them.

Hope all the EurAsian players enjoy the LRs after work. As for us in the Americas, its time for us to call it a night. We'll all get some sleep, and have good dreams about the fun times coming our way tomorrow. icon_e_wink.gificon_mrgreen.gif

'nite all.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Doragon wrote:
    Hmm, is there a mathematician out there?

Assuming that Courageous provides 2x of featured, we assume it's 10% right.

Is 2x 5% better than 1x 10% (which is not really 10% because only the featured Heroes have 2x chance).
    Ignoring the parenthetical statement, "2x 5%" is actually a 9.75% chance of at least 1 3*, which includes a 0.25% chance of 2x 3*. Whether that's (slightly) better or (slightly) worse depends on your personal proclivities.
    Also the extra 250 ISO, don't forget that
  • ichijuan wrote:
    finwe wrote:
    http://i.imgur.com/V4Birwf.jpg
    Örm, is there an anti tank team on the prowl here?
    99 tokens??

Actually the display bugs out at 99, they're more. I stopped opening the standard ones at some point. So much staring at the blinking reward screen, so little reward.
  • So I just finished 1st in the IM40 round, was just farming ISO and usually I stop when I get hit then revert to tank team. This time I never got attacked so I just kept going.

My reward? Three Courageous tokens which yielded three 2* covers: a-wolf, bulls eye, and cap (of course)

Now I realize I didn't get hit because I was one of the few players stupid enough to actually try and place in one of these new LR events.

Lesson learned. It's gonna be pure tanking from here on out !
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    TropicYeo just hit me, but I haven't finished acquiring tank points yet, so I retaliated with gusto, you do not attack my non-tank team, you just don't, I will most always retaliate icon_razz.gif
  • Trying to tank in LRS and I am winning matches. I want to reduce my MMR not increase. So beat my guys up lol
  • hamsingame
    hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Courageous tokens are Heroic tokens with a boosted chance at getting the featured hero
    Then the question becomes: does the total 3* probability increase, and if so, by how much?

Right, it doesn't. So for 9-25, you get 1 Courageous, which has twice chance of getting a featured guy, so on average you get 2p 3* guys.

For 26-50, you get 2x heroic tokens, where you also end up getting, on average, 2p 3* guys (when factoring in the fact that you might randomly get 2) just that you get more ISO from selling the inevitable 2* Bagmen you'll get from the heroic tokens than the 1 inevitable bagman you'll get from the single Courageous token. Pretty stupid, unless you want a marginally smaller chance of getting the featured guy you want instead of a 6th Classic Magneto red cover -_-
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    ^ Never ever complain of having too many Mags red, it's actually a luxury item

Edit: earned 3 courageous tokens out of curiosity, I guess it's safe to say that they are now a prerogative of 1* > 2* players.
    DN9jnQXl.jpg
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At least my most recent 50pt. Standard gave me the final blue cover for my The Hood! Now to just find 2 more Yellows.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Played a late-night LR, fell asleep when ranked in the high 30s (the auxiliary winners' circle). Woke up to find that I got the Top 25 reward: gee thanks, warevaq. Pulled a Torch token. Muahahaha, take that, warevaq! icon_twisted.gif
  • A Torch from a Courageous token? Didn't think he would be in the pool yet.
  • HailMary wrote:
    Played a late-night LR, fell asleep when ranked in the high 30s (the auxiliary winners' circle). Woke up to find that I got the Top 25 reward: gee thanks, warevaq. Pulled a Torch token. Muahahaha, take that, warevaq! icon_twisted.gif

Last night I joined the Patch LR for the 250 ISO at 100 and a wave of tankers magically pushed me past 250 by "losing" to me repeatedly. I'm not really sure how to feel about it.
  • Pulled a Loki... seriously? Might as well go for the heroic×2.
  • Well, it appears the change to LR tokens was so unpopular, they stopped them a day early. Or is the events tab only not displaying them for me?
  • LRs are still on.
  • Riggy wrote:
    Well, it appears the change to LR tokens was so unpopular, they stopped them a day early. Or is the events tab only not displaying them for me?

Just you. GSBW round in progress.
  • Well, now the BW round appears, well after my ability to tank it. Lame. And no Heroic Venom starting at noon. Double lame.