Heroes Only Lightning Round April 9-11 (new dates)

Options

Comments

• Riggy wrote:
    Now if you'll excuse me, I need to make sure no one has snuck an LR thread into any of the other subs.

Over/under on number of minutes it takes until someone asks if Lightning Rounds are going to have Sub Events?
  • Riggy wrote:
    Now if you'll excuse me, I need to make sure no one has snuck an LR thread into any of the other subs.

Over/under on number of minutes it takes until someone asks if Lightning Rounds are going to have Sub Events?

What's the refresh time on Lightning Rounds? I've waited exactly one week from when I last cleared and nothing.
  • Riggy wrote:

There's actually a "Heroes vs. Villains" Lightning round in the works* where each round you have to side with one faction and there's a "tug of war" style progression bar that goes across the top for the whole event. Extra ISO and HP to the side that wins, ISO to the side that loses.

* = I have no special knowledge of what's in the works.
  • Riggy wrote:

What's the refresh time on Lightning Rounds? I've waited exactly one week from when I last cleared and nothing.

It's tied to the new update, which includes Gold Bullseye, Gold Moonstone, and Silver Yelena Belova. Also, all three will be mandatory for the new PVE.
  • Riggy wrote:

It's exactly 1 hour and 31 minutes, jeez if I have to answer that question one more time...
  • When are they starting!? It's getting late here in UK!
  • They really are awfully late this week. Hopefully they'll be there tomorrow when I wake up.
  • Have not claimed my daily reward yet and I've been up for over 9 hours. Yay Lightning Rounds. Maybe I'll do a prologue heal for kicks.
  • One thing about starting late is it shifts around who gets what node when (assuming they start with BW as usual). Especially because there are six heres, there's the same thing every day at both 12:00s, 2:00s, 4:00s, 6:00s, 8:00s,10:00s. That means - for a lot of people with fixed schedules - a lot of repeats. For example, I'd see the 6:00 4 times, the 8:00, 10:00, and 12:00 twice, and never see the 2:00 or 4:00 at all. When they mix it up like that, it at least varies up who I see four times and who I don't see at all.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    One thing about starting late is it shifts around who gets what node when (assuming they start with BW as usual). Especially because there are six heres, there's the same thing every day at both 12:00s, 2:00s, 4:00s, 6:00s, 8:00s,10:00s. That means - for a lot of people with fixed schedules - a lot of repeats. For example, I'd see the 6:00 4 times, the 8:00, 10:00, and 12:00 twice, and never see the 2:00 or 4:00 at all. When they mix it up like that, it at least varies up who I see four times and who I don't see at all.

What? you don't have an alarm clock and/or bathroom at work ? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • uuddlrlr
    uuddlrlr Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Dreylin wrote:
    My theory is they track how many people have posted asking when the rounds start, and then only start them once their count passes a certain threshold. With the mods policing the forums there are fewer spammed threads now, so it takes longer to reach the critical number of posts... icon_e_wink.gif
    My theory is that like Half-Life 3, the release is delayed every time someone asks about it.
  • uuddlrlr wrote:
    Dreylin wrote:
    My theory is they track how many people have posted asking when the rounds start, and then only start them once their count passes a certain threshold. With the mods policing the forums there are fewer spammed threads now, so it takes longer to reach the critical number of posts... icon_e_wink.gif
    My theory is that like Half-Life 3, the release is delayed every time someone asks about it.

What will end up being longer? Development on Duke Nukem Forever, the recording of Chinese Democracy, or the wait for these Lightning Rounds?
  • Teke184 wrote:
    uuddlrlr wrote:
    Dreylin wrote:

What will end up being longer? Development on Duke Nukem Forever, the recording of Chinese Democracy, or the wait for these Lightning Rounds?

Holy ****. That's a tough call.

Sidenote: What up FB buddy?
  • It's going good... I have my 2*s pimped out and starting a push to get my 3*s to the point where they're starting to gain levels.

You?
  • uuddlrlr wrote:
    Dreylin wrote:

does that mean the answer will only be given if the question is never asked?

Metaphysical Puzzle Quest...
  • Starting to the the guy who turns on the lightning rounds either ragequit his job or accidentally spilled beer on his workstation
  • uuddlrlr wrote:

It sounds like you're trying to turn the question of "When will they start" in to a math question, something about exponential growth and decay.

If this is the case please cease and desist. This is not the time for math, rather it is the time for iso gathering. Fathor is hungry.
  • Impulse wrote:
    Starting to the the guy who turns on the lightning rounds either ragequit his job or accidentally spilled beer on his workstation

I think the latter happened last time we had heroic LRs, where they started the GSBW round and then killed it about 15 minutes later.

EDIT - I wish the Meme Generator worked on my office PC... I SO want a Bart and Lisa Simpson shot reading "When does Lightning Round start?" repeated over and over again.
  • 5pm est has come and gone... Guess ill do some S.H.I.E.L.D. Training?
  • Obviously they're trying to correct the progression rewards for the lightning rounds before starting or people will complain....