Progression Rewards for the Human Torch Event are Broken

Options

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kikujiro wrote:
    And dont forget that TaT also got the Thorverine nerf and the fix for Berserker Rage which many of us heavily relied.

The actual event is ugly, not funny and snores, but imo Heroic Oscorp was and still is the worst event by far.

Agreed, I don't think the devs will ever release an event that was as bad as Heroic Oscorp. That event just had it all: 5 days of grinding the same nodes, no rubberbanding, wall of 230 scaling, AND a limited roster, after the boosts+wolvie/thor nerfs.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In my bracket, I'm seeing much of the same thing. Earlier, I was in 4th position, had to stop for awhile for work, came back, I was 259th. However, only about 5k difference between me and 1st. Now less than 3k difference, 1st being at 52k, and I'm still 130 or so.

My problem is the rubber banding I guess. Most nodes only have 100 or 200 points. A couple have 300 or so. I can get them all, but still not get high enough right now.

Have to wait it out and see how next refresh does, and try to ram it home. Goal is to at least be top 100, would be happy with top 50.

But, even being right at 50k now, I don't see how I can mange any further progression awards in the next few hours with the current point totals in nodes.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    To recap what we had on Oscorp ...

-Daredevil as reward, same as TaT.
    -Limited progression rewards and way off thresholds.
    -Uber enemies since minute one popping countdown tiles like bicarb and vinegar.
    -Except for newcomers who were on top.
    -Very limited and weak roster with almost zero board control.
    -Recent change in boost prices.
    -Thor and Wolverine nerfed or sold. Cant remember if they were in the roster, mine not.
    -Required Daredevil in fights where he just sat there.
    -Grindfest in the one and only map without rubberbanding to ease it.
    -Flamethrowers. I had nightmares xD

It was sweet. Please, keep it one-of-a kind.
  • BWGS was the only damage dealer.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Agreed, I don't think the devs will ever release an event that was as bad as Heroic Oscorp. That event just had it all: 5 days of grinding the same nodes, no rubberbanding, wall of 230 scaling, AND a limited roster, after the boosts+wolvie/thor nerfs.
    And to think that Heroic Oscorp was what got me into Events in the first place. icon_razz.gif

Oh, the good/terrible ol' days.
  • I dunno if this has been said or not but here's my stance. I don't think any1 is coming close to even touching the 93k. That should be pretty easy looking back at past events. I think the least they could do is toss out a yellow cap to every1 in like top 30% or something. Would say every1 but that would prolly never happen. That would effect the bottom line on pack purchases. Hehe. All good. Just a cap and who wants a yellow anyways.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I dunno if this has been said or not but here's my stance. I don't think any1 is coming close to even touching the 93k. That should be pretty easy looking back at past events. I think the least they could do is toss out a yellow cap to every1 in like top 30% or something. Would say every1 but that would prolly never happen. That would effect the bottom line on pack purchases. Hehe. All good. Just a cap and who wants a yellow anyways.
    They didn't do anything about the punisher in the 1st hulk, and lots of people got way closer to it than they did in this
  • But in Oscorp, people did get the first Daredevil reward, whereas nobody is anywhere close to 93333 this time around for the first Captain award. I realize those two aren't equally valuable, but I doubt they made the Captain cover harder to get simply because it's a better cover, and we're talking about barely 60% of the way to that reward for the highest scoring people in this event. It looks like there's about 8000 points in the final refresh, so 2 refresh a day X 7 days, that's 16K X 7 = 112K. You still wouldn't have a shot at the highest reward, not to mention it's insane to expect people to sustain the intensity of the final refresh of the match for 7 days.
  • Spoit wrote:
    I dunno if this has been said or not but here's my stance. I don't think any1 is coming close to even touching the 93k. That should be pretty easy looking back at past events. I think the least they could do is toss out a yellow cap to every1 in like top 30% or something. Would say every1 but that would prolly never happen. That would effect the bottom line on pack purchases. Hehe. All good. Just a cap and who wants a yellow anyways.
    They didn't do anything about the punisher in the 1st hulk, and lots of people got way closer to it than they did in this

The Hulk was probably more deserving of having some kind of award to everyone because there are quite a few guys that could've hit the Punisher award but figure there must be one more sub bracket so they just coasted on the last sub bracket. You have a bunch of people that are 100-300 points short, which they surely could've grinded out in the last refresh had they knew that was the outcome.

In this event, there certainly was no illusion that anybody was ever coming close to 93333.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Yeah, my bracket was tight, just missed the top 50 by 3 levels. 53rd. I have 54k roughly. Top spot, 55k.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

The Hulk was probably more deserving of having some kind of award to everyone because there are quite a few guys that could've hit the Punisher award but figure there must be one more sub bracket so they just coasted on the last sub bracket. You have a bunch of people that are 100-300 points short, which they surely could've grinded out in the last refresh had they knew that was the outcome.

In this event, there certainly was no illusion that anybody was ever coming close to 93333.
    That wasn't even a matter of grinding an extra mission, it was like, waiting an extra hour for rubberbanding. Compared to the kind of numbers that were going around for it, it wasn't even a rounding error
  • Kikujiro wrote:
    And dont forget that TaT also got the Thorverine nerf and the fix for Berserker Rage which many of us heavily relied.

The actual event is ugly, not funny and snores, but imo Heroic Oscorp was and still is the worst event by far.

Don't forget making the only boosted hero Daredevil in an event with lots and lots of all-goon node which make his traps all but useless.

Facepalm city.

Oh, and the limited roster being terribly chosen with massive colour overlap and hardly any abilities of certain colours. That was dumb too.

Heroic Oscorp was an order of magnitude worse than TaT. Which is saying something, really.
  • daveomite wrote:
    Yeah, my bracket was tight, just missed the top 50 by 3 levels. 53rd. I have 54k roughly. Top spot, 55k.

That's where my bracket topped out too, just above 55k. I'm sure there was a couple of psycho killer brackets that made it maybe to 60k but the rest of the progression awards don't seem especially obtainable.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Zhirrzh wrote:
    That's where my bracket topped out too, just above 55k. I'm sure there was a couple of psycho killer brackets that made it maybe to 60k but the rest of the progression awards don't seem especially obtainable.

That's what it seems. I managed to get the one at 53,333... but even with another couple of hours, I didn't see any way of jumping up high enough to get the next progression. In the last event, I got up to around 170k-180k range I believe, no chance of that on this one.

I didn't have capSR at the beginning, so I know I missed out on at least 4 essential nodes, probably more as I just got him less than two days ago. Maybe with those I could have gotten closer to 60k, but given other people's similar issues, maybe not.

Plus facing level 250 venom/rags/bald guy goon trying to get my highest point node at 400 points....not fun in the least.
  • Guys,

I just want us all to go back to the main issue. While I agree with the criticism of some of the previous events, there is no justification for keeping the last 5 or 6 progression rewards away from dedicated players who played a week straight, aiming at those progression rewards, which are usually almost as important the the reward itself (I said, almost).

I know the Devs have failed us in the past, but I don't believe it's in their best interest to fail us again or continuously. This game has 2 million downloads, if they keep 10% of that player base long term and we keep talking about the game in forums and real life, this game will be wildly successful for years to come. New blood will come and buy HPs and Iso-8, etc... and their financial goals are far more likely to be met by a happy player base that trusts them, rather than an unhappy player base who is just waiting to be screwed over again.

When I complained about the Thorverine nerf, as a Publishing company, D3 was very responsive and took notice. This issue, of progression rewards, is important to me and clearly import to a bunch of other players who love this game. The consequence of unjustly denying your most dedicated players progression rewards is that next event, you will have a much lower turn out, which creates a vicious circle which hurts the game and the Publisher's bottom line.

Therefore, as I asked you to comment and participate in this thread, I'm now asking everyone to write a ticket to D3 and request that the progression rewards be awarded on a curve (like that of a class grade curve). How would that work? The top 5 or 10 of all brackets should get all progression rewards, the top 25 all the progression rewards minus the last one, the top 50 should get all the progression rewards minus the last two and so forth, then the top 100 and on until we reach the last achievable rewards, which was the 53,333 reward, as I believe no one got to 60,000 points.

Please feel free to cut and paste my last paragraph on you ticket request to D3. We are the loyal player base of this game, we not only play, pay and contribute in forums, we also assist the development of the game with our feedback. We deserve a modicum of consideration from the developers and I can say, personally, that I've seen them respond in a profession and considerate way to sincere and well grounded requests.

It will only take 3 mins of your time. Please file that request and ask everyone in your alliance and everyone you play with on FB to do the same. Thanks for reading and supporting a better playing environment.

Best regards,
    NazgulPrime
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    Zhirrzh wrote:

That's what it seems. I managed to get the one at 53,333... but even with another couple of hours, I didn't see any way of jumping up high enough to get the next progression. In the last event, I got up to around 170k-180k range I believe, no chance of that on this one.

I didn't have capSR at the beginning, so I know I missed out on at least 4 essential nodes, probably more as I just got him less than two days ago. Maybe with those I could have gotten closer to 60k, but given other people's similar issues, maybe not.

Plus facing level 250 venom/rags/bald guy goon trying to get my highest point node at 400 points....not fun in the least.

Rubberbanding made everything in the beginning completely irrelevant: having him during the last day is more than enough to get enough points to place in the top 10 assuming you can do the missions.
  • @NazgulPrime I sent an email to mobile support, they've been good in the past, I think if enough people complain, they'll do something about it. I placed first in my bracket and was nowhere near the progression rewards in the end, in my email to support I mentioned that I think it was an honest miscalculation on their part, rather than a deliberate ploy to annoy their player base.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    I doubt that they are going to do anything about it. Progression rewards were never a guaranteed thing: there were plenty of events in the past where it was impossible to get the good progression awards, so I don't see how this is any different.
  • daveomite
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    Zhirrzh wrote:

Rubberbanding made everything in the beginning completely irrelevant: having him during the last day is more than enough to get enough points to place in the top 10 assuming you can do the missions.

right, that's what I had figured too. I still played every day, and every node, but work got a bit more in the way today compared to the last days of other pve's. Not to mention, seems like the bracket I was in was extremely tight, tops at 55k, and me ending right at 54k, but I was in 53rd place at close.
  • Spoit
    Options
    illmatic wrote:
    @NazgulPrime I sent an email to mobile support, they've been good in the past, I think if enough people complain, they'll do something about it. I placed first in my bracket and was nowhere near the progression rewards in the end, in my email to support I mentioned that I think it was an honest miscalculation on their part, rather than a deliberate ploy to annoy their player base.
    While they may be good at responding and compensating individual tickets, D3 seems to be unusually reluctant to offer compensation to whole classes of users at a time. The only time they offered something to the userbase as a whole for their mistakes was the limited time thorverine buyback (still waiting for word on what they decided about the Rags nerf, I'd be more than happy to sell my maxed one if it offered any degree of HP back).

For the sake of comparison, the other F2P games I play give out tons of free stuff, even to people who weren't effected by mistakes. Like one time in puzzles and dragons, when they said there was a godfest (increased drop rate for the equivalent of 3*s) but it wasn't actually turned on, they refunded the cash spent, let people keep the extra rolls that were made in error, and gave enough premium currency for 2 free rolls to everyone as compensation