If you could choose, who are the Top 5 3*s you want improved

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited January 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
???????

No order necessary. Just list em.

Also, if you want to give a very brief description, go for it. Keep it simple, though ( "increase damage" "buff health" "reduce ap costs" etc ).

:+D

Comments

• Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man

Any other answer is just wrong.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eichen wrote:
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man

/thread
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker
    Considering how little love 5*Cap gets around here.... icon_lol.gif

Shouldn't he be on the list?
  • Manaka
    Manaka Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Psylocke: her blue is terrible, it needs a massive buff. Her red and black could use some improvement too.

Squirrel Girl: her yellow should not end the turn.

Spiderman: he's a support character, but he just doesn't do enough... Maybe if his yellow granted also granted a web tile whenever you made a yellow match.

Colossus: his red could use a damage buff and his black could use an ap cost reduction.

Sentry: maybe just reduce all the friendly fire damage.

Honorable mentions: Doc Ock, Vision.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    It's that time again!

1: Spider-Man - Worst 3*. Make his purple do something for both player and AI matches. Strike and protect tiles. Make his yellow like Venom's but removes your special tiles and/or web tiles.
    2: Punisher - Make his green target-able. Give his black a boost and possibly remove the countdown. Red is fine.
    3: Psylocke - Desperate need of a boost to her red and black damage. Make her blue an invisible tile that steals random AP every turn.
    4: Hulk - Should actually hit like the Hulk. Everything needs a damage boost and his red should be an AoE.
    5: Colossus - His red needs a boost and you should be able to select with power gets used with his black or bring the cost down.
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    1# Gray Suit black Widow green to expensive and red

2# Hulk low damage dealer black ability make no sense he gets angry to make green tills that is fine but why self damage

3# Deadpool his passive is stupid not a fan of whale's whale's whale's either I know some people dig it but not me

4# Psylocke everything

Last but not least this one is mind boggling for me

5# Punisher I couldn't wait to champion him I thought he was going to be bad @$$ but my jaw dropped when I used his powers what a waist of a character in this game his 4* is a beast but not this one

No point talking about sentry
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre MPQ wrote:
    1# Gray Suit black Widow green to expensive and red

2# Hulk low damage dealer black ability make no sense he gets angry to make green tills that is fine but why self damage

3# Deadpool his passive is stupid not a fan of whale's whale's whale's either I know some people dig it but not me

4# Psylocke everything

Last but not least this one is mind boggling for me

5# Punisher I couldn't wait to champion him I thought he was going to be bad @$$ but my jaw dropped when I used his powers what a waist of a character in this game his 4* is a beast but not this one

No point talking about sentry

For got about Colossus need to do more damage like Hulk
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Colossus - red needs dmg boost

Punisher - his only usable power is red, and there are better options for red, so he's basically a waste of time

Spider-Man - he's only remotely usable if paired with Miles or Spider-Gwen, and even then he needs to drop more web tiles if he isn't going to have a single power that inflicts dmg
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Eichen wrote:
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man

3* Spiderman should have the same abilities like 1* Spiderman
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Eichen wrote:
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man

/thread

What he said.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spider-Man: everything.

Punisher: up the black damage, make green targetable, similar to GSBW.

Hulk: Remove friendly fire

Sentry: Remove friendly fire

Thanos: Remove friendly fire
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    These would be my top 5 to change - 3 who are long overdue for a buff, and 2 who need a much needed-buff after being over-nerfed.

Sentry: Reduce, or better yet, remove his friendly damage to red and green. Reduce AP costs for Green (World Rupture) to 8 if keeping the current countdown scheme - or bring it to 10 AP and have the countdown tiles start at 2.

Punisher: Increase his base damage on red to get at least 3k damage with 5 covers, offset this by increasing AP to 9 or 10. Keep the 40% and Down. For green, either (or all): decrease AP costs to 6 or 7; allow the power to generate AP; generate either stronger strike tiles or add more (maybe 5). Buff his black by allowing you to place the countdown tile, and increase the base AOE damage.

Spider-Man: Replace his yellow power with 1* Spidey's Red (and increase damage).

Psylocke: Buff her red and black. Completely overhaul her blue - I'd like to see this be a stun (3 or 4 turns at level 5) with AP drain (5 AP of strongest color at level 5)

Hulk: For Thunderous Clap, increase base damage to at least 2k at level 5 (166). Get rid of the AP drain for his Red, Turn this into an AOE attack if keeping the costs at 14, or reduce AP costs to 10. Remove the self-damage from Red. Keep Black as is.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spider-Man, Sentry, Psylocke, Punisher, Doctor Octopus
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Captain Marvel: I like her concept, but she's too weak. (More damage on red & black)

Hulk: This Hulk not smash, this Hulk puny! (He should behave more like 3cyke; 2 big attacks and a green AP generator.)

Psylocke: The game has left this poor girl behind. She's a fan favorite! Make her cool again. (Let us place the blue countdown tile and add damage per turn, like Strange's. Up her red/black damage by 30%.)

Punisher: This guy is punishing to play. Yuck. His green hits like a flea, taking out his own tiles more often than not. Red is okay but not good enough to get him off the sidelines when you can just take his team-up instead. (Scrap him, make him a lazy version of the 4-star.)

Vision: Great concept, poor implementation. (Boost his damage rather than add to it, so he temporarily tanks his colors when Heavy is active.)

As for Spider-Man... I've already said my piece. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54998
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spider-Man
    Doctor Octopus
    Psylock
    Sentry
    Vision
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I would like 3* Blade to be improved so that his champ rewards gave Modern Blade covers. And hopefully whoever gives Carol Danvers covers becomes Squirrel Girl or some other overlooked under-rostered 3*. pretty please
  • danuutz
    danuutz Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    The Hood - increase health
    Spider-Man - ... everything
    Sentry - remove friendly damage
    Ragnarok - remove friendly damage
    Hulk - increase green damage
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Vision is just terribly designed. I think he has the ability to be fun, but the fact that his blue constrains who he can be used with so extremely means that he's just almost totally useless unless boosted, and when he's boosted you still have to babysit his CDs a tedious amount of the time. That fact that he's one of my very lowest level champs doesn't help.

Hulk deserves a redesign. As variance in levels (and health) rise, he actively gets worse due to his only ability that matters being rendered irrelevant. The window where his black is triggered but he isn't at serious risk of just being one-shot gets smaller all the time. And both of his other abilities are just complete non-factors. He needs another angle.

Sentry is too slow. It's ridiculous. He was fast once and did scary things, so I get why they nerfed him the way they did, but seriously, he has zero utility the way he is now. Actually, the combo with the new Captain Marvel is interesting, especially since he tanks neither yellow nor green with a high level CM out, though, so maybe it's worth letting that sit for a while and see if it does anything.

Spider-Man needs his web tile generation back. He was incredible when his blue effectively cost 2 AP, and we don't need that ridiculousness back, but he was tuned to work with that level of web tile generation, and he will never feel right until it works like that again. Just make his blue put out two web tiles with every cast instead of one, and he'll be fine. Or maybe, if you felt like making him actually good (he is, after all, the single most popular Marvel character), you could buff his yellow or purple to have some kind of offensive application. I vote that his purple makes crit tiles once a certain number of shield and/or web tiles are on the board, and also that his yellow make a huge scary strike tile if it removes more than a certain number of web tiles.

Those are the only four that are actively problems in the tier. There are lots of characters that are undertuned and deserve a pass to even things out, and there are some dumb abilities that never do anything or feel bad, but nothing on the level of those four.

EDIT: Just thought of something I'd love to see for Squirrel Girl. Maybe add a passive to her yellow that says if a shield tile you control is matched away by an opponent, make a shield tile of the same color with double the strength. Just imagine all the different characters this would make playable! Suddenly Falcon and Failcap have a reason to exist, and Magneto's yellow might see a 4th or 5th level put into it! And it even makes the active part of her yellow the sort of thing worth ending a turn over.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    vinnygecko wrote:
    These would be my top 5 to change - 3 who are long overdue for a buff, and 2 who need a much needed-buff after being over-nerfed.

Sentry: Reduce, or better yet, remove his friendly damage to red and green. Reduce AP costs for Green (World Rupture) to 8 if keeping the current countdown scheme - or bring it to 10 AP and have the countdown tiles start at 2.

Punisher: Increase his base damage on red to get at least 3k damage with 5 covers, offset this by increasing AP to 9 or 10. Keep the 40% and Down. For green, either (or all): decrease AP costs to 6 or 7; allow the power to generate AP; generate either stronger strike tiles or add more (maybe 5). Buff his black by allowing you to place the countdown tile, and increase the base AOE damage.

Spider-Man: Replace his yellow power with 1* Spidey's Red (and increase damage).

Psylocke: Buff her red and black. Completely overhaul her blue - I'd like to see this be a stun (3 or 4 turns at level 5) with AP drain (5 AP of strongest color at level 5)

Hulk: For Thunderous Clap, increase base damage to at least 2k at level 5 (166). Get rid of the AP drain for his Red, Turn this into an AOE attack if keeping the costs at 14, or reduce AP costs to 10. Remove the self-damage from Red. Keep Black as is.
    Agreed with all above except Hulk who I don't think is that bad. I'd say Ragnarok: Godlike Power either remove team damage or significantly improve damage, plus Lightning Rod should be true heal.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    vinnygecko wrote:

Agreed with all above except Hulk who I don't think is that bad. I'd say Ragnarok: Godlike Power either remove team damage or significantly improve damage, plus Lightning Rod should be true heal.

Yes surprised there are so few mentions of Rags. He is truly dire and probably the worst 3*.

Otherwise I would say Spidey, Psylocke, Colossus and Sentry - characters I would never use if I had a choice (Punisher red is situationally handy).