If you could choose, who are the Top 5 3*s you want improved

124»

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love Squirrel Girl as a comic book character, but she's one of the few 3-stars I still haven't champed and I never use her. Part of it is her color scheme. I think a usable version would look like:

yellowflag.png A useless ability. Change it to strike tiles instead. Besides being much more functional, it also makes more sense with the power: she has an uncanny ability to take down overpowered opponents, not to absorb their attacks. It also shouldn't end the turn.

purpleflag.png With the above strike tiles now in play, this just needs a cost reduction. 7 or 8 AP would do.

greenflag.png This can also stay as-is with the above strike tiles now in play, but should be changed to blackflag.png or blueflag.png
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Spidey. I haven't taken him beyond 125 and he's my only 3* not champed (excluding latest releases), so I guess that says something about how very much I value him.

Punisher. Champed him solely to eventually gain some more 4* Punisher covers. Cannot think of any possible scenario in which I'd use him. Ever.

Psylocke. So much to say, such limited time on earth. She's dreadful.

Mystique. I actually quite like her in theory, but she's so very, very hit-and-miss it's not worth your time. Far better blue and purple powers out there.

Hulk. Used to be a great deterrent, but hasn't evolved with the times. With all the stun powers, AOE powers, the damage buffed 4*s can do... is anyone really concerned by him anymore? ... anyone?

Fixes are pretty basic for most. Damage up, cost down, etc. Same things everyone else has said, really.

EDIT: Took me 15 minutes to realise I would "use" (i.e. add to my team) 3* Punisher in his own PvP. His own PvP didn't even occur to me as a useful place for him to be.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. Ragnarok. Can be a nuisance to get rid of, but that green design is stupid. For the cost, it pales to Call The Storm and Whales Whales Whales for the same cost and Embiggened Bash for less cost, plus team damage on top of that. The team damage needs to be justified or removed.

2. Sentry. He makes a strike tile... I forget what else, since I don't use the other 2 powers. I also rarely use the strike tile. Just bad, please redesign, throw in a black and maybe a purple with justified self destructiveness.

That does it for true trash that I don't use. So:

3. Spider-Man. He's strong. Spectacularly strong. That needs to be reflected. One damaging ability. The community has asked, pretty please, for so long. Let him land a punch. A kick. Web boxing gloves. Seriously, Miles' damage boost from web tiles... 1 star's boost from web tiles! are a good example. The passive is nice, but better purple (passive) web tile when matching (active) convert web tiles to protect. Yellow damage, if 3 web, consume them for boosted damage.

4. Punisher. Aim the green. Just aim it. Select a point, make a hole, no other change needed.

5. Elektra. The black ability is pretty cool. Purple is cumbersome to use though if the enemy makes no strikes and red feels weak. What's that? She's Legendary? ... icon_lol.gif

Okay, 5th is hard to choose. Falcon's Inspiration is solid with special generators. Maybe use blue for a damage power so you have to choose between clearing tiles and doing damage, similar to Wasp's interaction with Wasp Sting using blue and turning of her passive. Yeah, probably Falcon update as 5.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    1. Psylocke: everything needs to be improved or replaced. She's garbage even when boosted.
    2. Spider-man: needs a move that does damage. 1 on 1 mirror matches currently take forever.
    3. Squirrel Girl: wasted yellow. AI blasts it off all the time.
    4. Sentry: green is way too slow to get off.
    5. Punisher: green/black outclassed by all other strike/attack powers save psylocke. red is fine.

Vision is the worst for 4* and 5* players, but his purpose is to be good during the 2*->3* transition so he can be left as-is.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Megdar wrote:
    Is it me and no one named Beast...

Seriously, people think Beast is better then Vision - Colossus - Hulk ?!

At least boosted Vision Red hit hard and pair well with IM40 when boosted. Hulk is use in winfinite stuff...

What Beast do that is so good that no one included him in a list !?

He's surprisingly good in survival nodes. I just wish his blue animation was shorter.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Spidey, by a looooong way. He's too important a Marvel character to languish as he does.

Next, the earlier 3*s whom the game has passed by -- Hulk, Punisher, Colossus, Sentry, Rags, maybe Falcon

And finally, the underdeveloped chars -- Psylocke, Ock, maybe SG or Vision (although I think both are okay as-is -- not everyone can be awesome).

My 4.5-year-old is insisting I add this smilie to "tell people it's the end": icon_rolleyes.gif
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Spider-Man in any/all ways.

Doctor Doom; appreciate he has one utility aspect, but his purple is clunky and his black is woeful - as the singular Doctor Doom in game, he must represent!

Rocket & Groot, Doc Ock and Vision - all arrived a bit late to the 3* game, and never particularly did anything to warrant using them.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Megdar wrote:
    Is it me and no one named Beast...

Seriously, people think Beast is better then Vision - Colossus - Hulk ?!

At least boosted Vision Red hit hard and pair well with IM40 when boosted. Hulk is use in winfinite stuff...

He's surprisingly good in survival nodes. I just wish his blue animation was shorter.

He also kicks butt if you pair him with im30 and starlord.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,705 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love Falc Blade and 3Strange in pve. It walks me through nodes it has no right too sometimes. That said I think Falc should always target the lowest countdown tile with his blue. He would become a bit more useful then.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    TheVulture wrote:
    Spider-Man in any/all ways.

Doctor Doom; appreciate he has one utility aspect, but his purple is clunky and his black is woeful - as the singular Doctor Doom in game, he must represent!

Rocket & Groot, Doc Ock and Vision - all arrived a bit late to the 3* game, and never particularly did anything to warrant using them.
    Doctor Doom? With the amount of damage that purple can do in burst and 1K plus damage per turn from those attack tiles, he does not need any kind of boost. And rocket and groot is solid. They even built a joke into his kit, with rank 5 green making a 2 by 4 hole. I appreciate that.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Doctor Doom? With the amount of damage that purple can do in burst and 1K plus damage per turn from those attack tiles, he does not need any kind of boost.

All Doctor Doom could use to become top tier is two tweaks:

purpleflag.png Increase the speed of the animation. THAT'S IT. This animation is always so tedious, it makes me avoid using him more often than not.

blueflag.png This power shouldn't apply to blue tiles, especially since it requires blue AP to fire it. If you have a blue-poor board, this is a waste at 9 AP. Even if there are enough blue tiles to get this off, you've dried them up in order to do so! It's really only significant when you have a very, very blue board. Change the power so it goes from transforming blue tiles to whatever tile is currently the most abundant. That would make this a solid power. At 3 covers, it'd be useful for Doom. At 5 covers, Doom essentially becomes a black battery; for his own purposes, or for another character.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Megdar wrote:
    His blue is good and spammable.
    Beast is fine now.

this and he has good synergy with himself (and also a good compliment to Colossus)
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    purplemur wrote:
    She-Hulk: blueflag.png Settlement should be all tiles, redflag.png Power of Attorney should add a stun (3:random,4:back two,5:ALL)

Absolutely with her blueflag.png , that always has been a huge annoyance for me that it isn't that way already. Her redflag.png however I think is pretty fine, I mean I already use her constantly just for that power alone. But seriously, please fix/update that blueflag.png .

Also fully support the changes suggested for Squirrel Girl. She's always been one of my favorite characters and remains (depending who you ask) one of the big heavy-hitters in Marvel and it would be great if this was reflected more.