If you could choose, who are the Top 5 3*s you want improved

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    IlDuderino wrote:
    Yes surprised there are so few mentions of Rags. He is truly dire and probably the worst 3*.
    I still Think that's Sentry. Ragnarok is bad on his own, but he has a few nice combos - I particularly like him with Kamala Khan thanks to his 6 AP red, and her Purple can help you get the charged green tiles more easily.
    Sentry, on the other hand, I only use when he is essential/featured. Supernova can get you out of a sticky situation, true, but the price is high...
  • DeltaAlpha75
    DeltaAlpha75 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Spidey of course, though i must admit he was one of my first 3* chars and his skills made the DDQ a breeze, since he could protect, heal and stun. He was good support at that time, team never died, but compared to some new releases he is just to weak, or rather his protect/heal skillset isnt needed anymore.

Punisher, i think he has an okayish synergy with himself. If his strike.png tiles are too strong, his black (AE + attack.png tiles) would be too strong. If you want a minor buff for green: add tiles AFTER the cascade is finished. As major buff: make it targetable. And red? Its a unique and special attack, i like it. Its cost is balanced and works around protect.png
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    First the easy ones:

1: Spider-Man
    2: Punisher
    3: Psylocke
    4: Colossus

Those four I think it is obvious for everyone, they are one step below. Some like Psy or Pun just need their numbers raised a bit to be useful, others like Colossus or Spidey need to be completely redesigned.

Now, for the last one I have my doubts. Vision and Sentry might probably be the best candidates, Vision's power are useless in most conditions he is just a power spammer, and AI plays him horribly. Sentry is just good in defense, too much self damage for the amount of damage it does to the other team Then you have chars like Cap Marvel and Hulk with one amazing power, and two very **** ones. So....

5: Vision
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    The characters I never-ever use even when boosted:
    Falcon
    DocOct
    Sentry
    Ragnarok
    Punisher
    Psylocke
    Colossus

Cannot point any particular because all of them are garbage for me.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spider Man (should likely have same powers as one star)
    Hulk (Smash Sucks)
    Gray Suit Black Widow (Pistol need to either be cheaper or more effective)
    Dock Ock (kinda funny that he's only useful against goons and other villains, although he is a good bullet sponge and makes a fun duo with Strang3 in goon nodes)
    Ragnarok (should be Thor's equal and isn't)
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Is it me and no one named Beast...

Seriously, people think Beast is better then Vision - Colossus - Hulk ?!

At least boosted Vision Red hit hard and pair well with IM40 when boosted. Hulk is use in winfinite stuff...

What Beast do that is so good that no one included him in a list !?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Megdar wrote:
    His blue is good and spammable.
    Beast is fine now.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    IlDuderino wrote:
    Yes surprised there are so few mentions of Rags. He is truly dire and probably the worst 3*.
    I still Think that's Sentry. Ragnarok is bad on his own, but he has a few nice combos - I particularly like him with Kamala Khan thanks to his 6 AP red, and her Purple can help you get the charged green tiles more easily.
    Sentry, on the other hand, I only use when he is essential/featured. Supernova can get you out of a sticky situation, true, but the price is high...

I don't want them to touch Rags, or any other Dark Avenger for that matter. While he isn't top tier, I'd much rather 1 out of 42 characters be mediocre than face some powerhouse for 40 times a day during nearly every PvE event.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Megdar wrote:

At least boosted Vision Red hit hard and pair well with IM40 when boosted. Hulk is use in winfinite stuff...

He spits out special tiles that can be quite nasty, and his green hits pretty hard under the right condition. He's not the greatest, but ever since his rework he's far from the worst.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    I'd like to echo what others have said regarding Squirrel Girl, remove the 'ends turn' part of her yellow power and she becomes a lot more useful. There really aren't any characters with usable a purple and yellow combination in 3 star land (I think Spidy has the colors but he is so undercovered in my roster that he's unusable for me)
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Spidey - after all this time, he should get a rework at least as good as Quicksilver's was. But I'd be ok even with an IM40 level improvement... icon_e_biggrin.gif

Psylocke and to a smaller extent Punisher could definitely get a damage increase to bring them closer to the power levels set by the newer 3*s like Fist, Cyclops or Kamala. Another way to make them more interesting to play even with higher tier would be to give them much better support powers, like making Psylocke's blue steal actually dangerous - for the enemy team icon_e_smile.gif or making Punisher's green targetable or make it not destroy friendly tiles.

Colossus - black is useless when he's alone and too expensive and too unreliable. If there was a way to reduce the randomness and cost somewhat, I could see him usable with more teams.

Hulk - he should be able to get angry more easily at higher levels.

Sentry - the various numbers on his green should probably be tweaked somewhere between where they're now and where they used to be. So he'd be a little faster on his own and wouldn't have to rely on jumping through so many hoops to deliver a proper bombing. Which is still pretty strong - if it works.

Vision - I have no good idea how to make the AI play him better and still have his density changes, which are the coolest part for me. As for when the we humans play him, I'd really like a good reason not to always use his red with heavy density. Maybe if with light density it did a fixed damage amount (no matter how many enemy tiles are out) but was able to remove more special tiles (and not just those two types - add attack tiles at the minimum).

So, I see I cheated a little - need to pick 5? Well, Spidey first. That's the most important one of course. After that ... let's say Psylocke, Colossus and Vision, as they have the most interesting powers if they were actually usable in "more serious play".
    Megdar wrote:
    Beast has cheap powers that work nicely with Professor X for instance. Especially if he's champ'd. The professor, I mean. Also his green with a blue tile does stong cascades. So he has blue/green actives covered very well. Those are the reasons why I value him pretty highly. I hope you give Beast a chance and try him out.
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Quebbster wrote:
    Megdar wrote:

He spits out special tiles that can be quite nasty, and his green hits pretty hard under the right condition. He's not the greatest, but ever since his rework he's far from the worst.

One of the best defensive teams I've played against in PVP is beast and professor X once professor X goes invisible he starts to buff up all the special tiles it got so bad I had to quit the battle defence tiles wore over 4000 my nukes did 1 damage attack tiles wore as bad
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Colossus. He is so bad that you have bring in two stronger characters to make up for him so he doesn't tank colors for me. That means he is not in front unless u throw yellow first then you can use his red which is weak. Buff his red damage a bit and remove the conditional aspect of it so he doesn't have to be in front to get his full aoe.

Spidey. Never use him except for in his pvp. Even when buffed I don't use him at any other time which tells you all you need to know.

Psylocke. Agree that her blue is possibly the most useless power in the game and her red and black need a little love.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    My least favorite 3*s are:

Spidey (stun is great, shields are too weak, heal is useless)
    Colossus (red is too weak, black is too confusing, doesn't do much, yellow is annoying on defense but useless on offense)
    Psylocke (attacks are weak, blue rarely works - either cd gets matched away, or else it pulls colors you don't need)
    Vision (attacks are weak)
    SG (green and purple are great, but yellow is useless)
    Falcon (shields are too weak, animations take forever)

... That's enough for now icon_e_smile.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Megdar wrote:

Yes, yes, and hell yes.

Anyway:

Sentry - go back to Sentry 1.0. That version is no longer overpowered given the existences of the boosted 4 and 5* tiers.
    Spider-Man - Any power that does damage.
    Falcon - See Spidey. Also, Falcon needs a passive that creates a random special tile if none exists.
    Hulk - take away the stupid green drain from his red.
    Daredevil - Purple removes all special tiles, CDs, traps, the works.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Stars are based on rarity and not abilities, right? Right... So lets make the powerhouses into powerhouses then.

Hulk - It is absurd that the Hulks powers are this lame. He should be a 3* that hits like a 5* (because stars are rarity, not abilites, remember?) at least.
    Colossus - No new mutants? Then improve the ones we have.

And add these two that are not considered powerhouses (because of their physical build) but have proven themselves against the best bad guys Marvel has to offer.

Spider Man - as discussed everywhere
    Psylocke - see Colossus.

As for the 5th choice, it could be a number of people. Do you want Rags, Sentry, or Magneto turned into what they should be and have to play against them? I don't. So I'll pick Vision and say that I want something/anything done to change his powers so that he doesn't constantly switch between blue and yellow.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    I was thinking for Sentry that Everyone loves RNG, Right? so for all the places there is team damage make it Random character hits(yours or theirs). Cap can recoup 10 redtile.png no prob with his shield throw, maybe have sentry Can recoup 2 redtile.png 1 greentile.png every time some of the random damage from sentry's countdown tiles or abilities hits the enemy and when sentry or his allies are hit with the RNG hits it generates medium strike tiles, this can be his new yellowflag.png , his redflag.png will deal enemy team ~3.8K AOE and each red invested will deal ~1.1K to a random character, so if you are lucky or your team is RIP'd you might be able to go again and do some major damage.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I actually kinda like Vision. His red is almost useless without a density tile out, but with blue he does a decent AOE, and with yellow he can do a good nuke if there are 2 special tiles. Colossus is pretty weak but I think he's ok, his black is fun. Ragnarok could be stronger. Sentry is not fun, team damage and a turn ender, but he can hit pretty hard. He also has some synergy with a few 4*s now. Captain America's yellow is strong but will never get used, but hes pretty good otherwise.

1 - Spiderman- agree with everyone
    2 - Psylocke, I actually use her a lot with Prof X in pve only because he needs tiles to boost. On her own she is not great
    3 - Daredevil, just make his purple more useful
    4 - Hulk
    5 -Punisher
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    It's that time again!

This IS NOT your typical survey. Trust me.

But, since you brought it up.......does anyone want to do everyone a huge favor and post the links to ALL of the topics that we've done over the years, in regards to who are the worst 3*s, why they are the worst, how we would fix them, and etc?

:+D
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Colossus (always loved him in the comics)
    Beast (same reason)
    Rocket and Baby Groot (love the guardian movie)
    Thanos
    Doctor Strange (he's already great but I'm a greedy bastard)