If you could choose, who are the Top 5 3*s you want improved

Options

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Most of 3*s mentioned here are good... its only about making a good combo (Black widow is awesome with Prof X, Sentry is great with OML and Hood - once i dealt 30 000 team damage with his green skill icon_e_biggrin.gif).

Which covers would i change?
    1) Psylocke - poor damage, generally useless char
    2) Punisher - useless green, red is good against strong chars, black is awesome with 4* Ms Marvel
    3) Ragnarok - weak red, expensive green
    4) Spider Man - fully supportive char which makes him almost useless (reminds me Riri lol icon_e_biggrin.gif )
    5) Squirell girl - Green is weird, purple is good, yellow is useless plus it ends a turn
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Psylocke. Blue is completely useless. Take it off countdown and it might be useful. Black and red are tame for their cost.
    Spiderman. No offensive capability, and the heal is way too expensive for a burst.
    Punisher. I do not fear any of his abilities. His board shake is insufficient and the molotov is inconsequential, even in the event that it's not immediately matched. The only scary part of the character is that he might be able to win a boss battle by shooting Galactus in the face (if he survives long enough).

I've only got those three. The rest are either generally useful or fill a particular niche. Dishonorable mentions would be Doc Ock (useless against an enemy that doesn't produce special tiles), Sentry (extremely niche, only useful when you're pumping out massive strike), And Ragnarok (doesn't do enough damage to warrant the team damage, and while the boost tiles can synergize with other characters, they don't tie into his own powers other than collection).
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    -spidey(natch): blueflag.png add crit drop , purpleflag.png add a shield AND a web

-Daredevil: purpleflag.png Radar Sense should remove trap tiles and invisibility tiles;leave CDtiles alone:
    - -knowing theres a bomb isn't eliminating it, knowing where the hand ninja's are gonna pop out and knowing they have body armor does eliminate the advantage, he can hear Sues heartbeat and breath and know there is a disturbance in the air flow of the room occupied by a telepath/magic user

-Iron Fist:less black needed:like 10, its still more than 3matches unless you get lucky and nail a 4/5, which means he kicks the bullet out the air. making him nominally faster. we need him to be a powerhouse to change the meta for his upcoming shows.

Psylocke-bewilder: -ing in fact, if the question is When is this usable?. "wh...uh.......uhm..i dunno: never?!? " 10+CD=15 random(c'mon you know you don't spec her at 5)? thats a bad rate!
    redflag.png no limit on strike tiles

She-Hulk: blueflag.png Settlement should be all tiles, redflag.png Power of Attorney should add a stun (3:random,4:back two,5:ALL)

let ragman be raggedy- he most certainly is NOT as powerful as Thor!, sentry is tinykitty hairballs: can't do nuthin with that whole mess of a character and back history, thanos shouldn't even exist on this tier: but stop hating on self dam! it's a legit tactic that plays fine defensively, helps deep rosters, and reps the story better than having a c-list character be t5 in meta

if we are gonna focus on the 3*'s can we talk about adding more villains in the tier? icon_e_confused.gif at you spideyverse
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options

EDIT: Just thought of something I'd love to see for Squirrel Girl. Maybe add a passive to her yellow that says if a shield tile you control is matched away by an opponent, make a shield tile of the same color with double the strength. Just imagine all the different characters this would make playable! Suddenly Falcon and Failcap have a reason to exist, and Magneto's yellow might see a 4th or 5th level put into it! And it even makes the active part of her yellow the sort of thing worth ending a turn over.

I love this idea for Squirrel Girl.

Definitely number one choice for improvement is Spider-Man. My favorite character. WHY does he heal?? It makes no sense with his character. He should be a fast punching, stunner. Creating tons of web tiles and having some sort of passive/countdown that represents his gadgets and intellect.

Colossus is also high on my list. I love the character and want him to be on par with the rest of the 3* meta. More red damage, cheaper black, and make his yellow passive

Deadpool - needs a passive true heal. Most powerful regenerator in the MU and he doesn't have a reliable true heal is rediculous

Doc Ock - reduce AP cost on blue, make black proc on special tiles DESTROYED, not just matched so it works with his blue, and simplify green to just deal higher AOE damage and stun or reduce its cost
  • feraldayor
    feraldayor Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Can people please not suggest Ragnarok, The Hood, etc. as suggestions for buffs as we will have to play against them over and over... let's not make them even better!

Thx.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Roland113 wrote:
    I'd like to echo what others have said regarding Squirrel Girl, remove the 'ends turn' part of her yellow power and she becomes a lot more useful. There really aren't any characters with usable a purple and yellow combination in 3 star land (I think Spidy has the colors but he is so undercovered in my roster that he's unusable for me)

Actually, I'd go the other way with a Squirrel Girl boost. I've grown used to her ending the turn with her Yellow (a relatively unique ability in 3* land) (yes, Hood can, too, but that also puts him in front, which for him is generally a death sentence). You can use it to dodge a bad match/board and force the AI to deal with it. I'd prefer her yellow have an added effect of giving the opponent puny protect tiles, similar to what Elektra's purple does with strikes. The more covers on yellow, the more puny protect tiles the opponent gets. I would then remove the cap on her purple damage (delete the "up to 8 tiles" from the end of her power's description). That way, you can feed your opponent special tiles that power up your purple more than it protects them. It doesn't fundamentally change her character, but makes her even more of a monster against tile spammers.

For the other 4 characters, I'd go with:
    1) Spider-Man (I like the idea of a "lazy" version of his 1* that others have suggested, boosting his damage on his red, similar to the other "lazy" characters)
    2) Psylocke (as others said, up the damage on her red and black--maybe change her blue to create a tile similar to Wasp's blue for a small AP cost, but if the AI matches the countdown, it stuns a random character--I'm not sure on this, but I like the combination of AP drain and stun)
    3) Vision (make his blue work for all blue/red/yellow matches, regardless of if he tanks or not, but move him to the front at the end of turn following a match of those colors to avoid it being too easy to abuse)
    4) The Hulk (remove the AP drain from his red and make it affect all enemies and boost the green damage).

For PVE reasons, I only want to see Ragnarok and Sentry changed if they're made even worse...
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Which 5 would I improve? Ironman, Iron Fist and Scarlet Witch, as they are the three I use the most often, so more health so that they have more staying power against 4*s, then Magneto as he is so much fun and Thor, because Call the Storm should be legit brutal again.

But which ones do I think need improved the most?
    Spiderman because he should actually have offensive value.
    Hulk because he should be stronger than all, whereas currently he hits like a lame cat.
    Psylocke because blue sucks and red ain't fast enough until you have tiles down, by which time it's getting on a bit.
    Punisher because green is so underwhelming.
    Sentry dial back on the aoe self harm like they did for Thanos
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm actually disappointed that since announcing re-balances they haven't addressed a single 3-star yet. That tier is still important, despite what the small percentage of 5-star players will tell you. As the middle ground tier the majority of players are using 3-stars every day, whether they're a 2-star player who has decided to stick with the game and start playing with the big boys and girls, or the 4-star player who still has uses for buffed 3-stars.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1. Ragnarok
    2. Sentry
    3. She-Hulk
    4. Psylocke
    5. Lagging behind the pack in a heap of "occasionally useful but not as impressive as they should be:" Captain Marvel, Spider-man, and Mystique

It's really the top three I hate to play.
  • Spiritclaw
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    I'm actually disappointed that since announcing re-balances they haven't addressed a single 3-star yet. That tier is still important, despite what the small percentage of 5-star players will tell you. As the middle ground tier the majority of players are using 3-stars every day, whether they're a 2-star player who has decided to stick with the game and start playing with the big boys and girls, or the 4-star player who still has uses for buffed 3-stars.

I've seen a lot of 3*s rebalanced, so it doesn't bother me that they've been working on other tiers for the moment. That's with 80% of the characters that I use being 3*.

Mr. Fantastic, Wasp, and Elektra would be higher priority fixes for me than even my most despised 3*.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    Mr. Fantastic, Wasp, and Elektra would be higher priority fixes for me than even my most despised 3*.
    I hear ya. My priorities align a little differently. Here they are in order:

1. Spider-Man
    2. Everyone else
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    veny wrote:
    3) Ragnarok - weak red, expensive green

His red is cheap. And it has a secondary effect, so its damage isn't huge. It compares favourably to Gamora's Razor's Edge; she does slightly more damage for 1 less AP, but doesn't drop any tiles on the board.

His green, I agree with you on. But his best partner is Kamala Khan, and her green more than makes up for it.
  • Spiritclaw
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    I hear ya. My priorities align a little differently. Here they are in order:

1. Spider-Man
    2. Everyone else

I totally respect that. icon_e_smile.gif

Most people who feel that way seem to do so because they love the character and want him to shine. From a strictly gameplay perspective, though, I occasionally find him useful -- which is why I didn't rate him higher on my need-to-fix list. Before my 3* roster was more full, I used to use him every day. He's down to every other week at this point, but I don't dislike playing him the way I do Rags, Sentry, and She-Hulk.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A lot need buffs, and some should be prioritized, but ignoring that and just picking the characters I really like that I want to see become viable:

1) Spider-Man.

yellowflag.png Trash this ability. Spider-Man isn't a healer. It should be a simple, basic redflag.png attack. Maybe make it a cheaper, 5 AP version of Web Swing, also adding a non-color specific web tile to the board with each attack, with the damage getting more reliable boosts with each web tile on the board but capping it at some point so it doesn't become a top tier all-out nuke.

blueflag.png Web tiles shouldn't be limited to yellow, they should appear on random colors.

purpleflag.png If you match purple, it should create a strike tile. If an enemy matches purple, it should create a protect tile. This ability should also have a secondary function of always keeping Spider-Man out of the front position (unless he's the only remaining character, of course.) His Spider-Sense should have him evading attacks!

2) Doctor Octopus.

blueflag.png Decrease the cost to 9 or 10 AP, and at higher levels add the ability of giving boosts to your own special tiles should they get caught up in the swap, that way this isn't just an expensive and almost useless power if the board isn't flooded with enemy special tiles.

blackflag.png This can stay largely the same, but should see some slight buffing that way it's still a solid power at 3 covers.

greenflag.png This power does too much, and nothing quite good enough. Decrease the cost to 10 AP, remove the strengthening of tiles ability (since blue would now have that), remove the stealing of AP ability, and buff the damage, but with a catch: make the damage a set amount at each power level, but divided evenly across your enemies... if there are three enemies, it's split evenly between all three, if there are two enemies it's split evenly between the two, and if there's only one enemy it's all directed at them. His metal arms should become more overwhelming the fewer targets there are.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3) Storm (Mohawk).

greenflag.png I almost never use this as-is because there's always a better green ability. This should either change to blueflag.png (making her fit better into more teams, and making this ability more viable), or stay green but also offer AoE damage.

yellowflag.png This needs some sort of buff. Reduce the cost to 8 AP, boost the damage, and have it also create charge tiles.

blackflag.png This can stay the same.

4) The Hulk.

greenflag.png This needs a damage boost, or a reduced cost. As it stands now it's garbage.
    redflag.png This needs a huge boost in damage. He's the Hulk, why is his red nuke one of the worst in the game? If it has the added risk of damaging allies, it should be that much more powerful.
    blackflag.png This is a great power but becomes worse and worse the stronger your Hulk gets. It needs to be revised with that in mind. If it's staying at 5% of your health, maybe at the highest power levels it also gains the added benefit of throwing Hulk in front of enemy attacks over a certain damage threshold (nothing too low or he could become overpowered), making him a defender / damage mop / green tile generator.

5) The Punisher.

blackflag.png This just needs a buff. A slight one to the AoE damage, but mainly to the attack tiles. It can have its cost increased to 8 AP in exchange.

greenflag.png I'd be happy with this ability as-is if you could just target it. This does almost no damage, and if Punisher's main utility is his strike and attack tile generation then not being able to avoid wiping them out every time you use this ability just undermines him to the point of futility.

redflag.png I'd be happy with this as-is as long as the other two powers are boosted.
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1. Hulk
    2. Sentry
    3. Gamora
    4. Ragnarok
    5. Psylocke
  • Dormammu
    Options
    This thread is totally getting hijacked by Spider-Man stuff but what the tinykitty. He's the one we all want. Maybe someone will hear us.

Why aren't his colors redflag.pngblueflag.pngblackflag.png??? Those are his classic colors.

Red: Proportional strength of a spider (damage power)
    Blue: Spider-sense (defensive power tied to web tiles)
    Black: Webbing (Damage + stun + web tile creation)
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Spider-man: This Marvel figure-head character really needs better representation in MPQ. Easy fix is to make him a "lazy" version of 1* Spidey, or some amalgam thereof. At the very least, get rid of the yellow, improve the purple (if keeping as-is), and give him at least one damage-dealing power.

Hulk: Another main-Marvel guy deeply in need of an overhaul. Black can keep doing existing minor damage to teammates (Hulk can get a little hard to be around when angry), but he shouldn't damage himself, and the base damage he does to the enemy team should be increased slightly, but otherwise the green AP generation and resulting cascades are excellent as-is. Green should get a huge damage buff and really layout any single target. Red also needs a damage buff, turned into an AOE, and get rid of the AP drain/self-damage. Both Green and Red should have scaling-up damage based on store-up AP...

Psylocke: Improve damage on Black and Red. Then change Blue to Purple (because of the color of Psylocke's powers as portrayed in the comics... Call it purple or pink or some variant thereof, it surely is not blue), and revamp it entirely, to something better.

Punisher: Red is fine. Black countdown placement needs to be chosen, and/or do more damage/create stronger tiles. Since Punisher is a special-tile generator himself, his Green at the very least needs to not destroy friendly tiles, but could also do with doing more damage and/or being a targeted attack.

Colossus: Red AOE should kick regardless of his position, though perhaps boost it if he's being protective (ie his yellow is active). Yellow should be easier to use (ie cheaper), and not only put Colossus in front, but should drop a decent shield tile. Black should be cheaper and/or allow the specific selection of power activation.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Spider Man: That yellow is hot garbage. His blue is nice, his purple is a passive so just pair him with a purple user, but his yellow is so bad it makes playing him a non option.

Psylocke: Too little damage. With the health boost small spammy powers got less important, and she is one of the main victims of that. She was one of my first maxed 3* so I kinda used her a lot, and her blue has been useful exactly one time.

Punisher: *clicks green* BOOM PEW PEW ROCKET BLAST* 400 damage and some weak strike tiles. *clicks black* Punisher throws a bottle, lightly scratches the paint.

The Hulk: HULK SMASH! OPPONENTS LAUGH!

Squirrel girl: Creates some protect tiles and ends. your. turn. The worst special tile, and it ends. Your. Turn.

Don't change Ragnarok and Sentry, you fight those quite often so I like em a little weak.
  • Spiritclaw
    Options
    Squirrel girl: Creates some protect tiles and ends. your. turn. The worst special tile, and it ends. Your. Turn.

Probably one of the worst powers in the game, I agree. The character is OK, though, if you just pretend she only has two powers.