First Avenger 04.04 - 06.04

Options

Comments

• allorin wrote:
    bughunt wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    Glad you got to 1100... took about 100 pts from you alone in consecutive matches as you kept refreshing in my list whilst I was in the 1000s. And thanks for the little +23 push you gave me for my own 1100 icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Yeah, thought I'd help speed it up a bit icon_e_smile.gif
    Was much easier getting to 1100 this morning than last night. I just retaliated against everyone who had attacked overnight and got 30-35 points from most, with only one retaliation left when I finished.

Thanks Bughunt. You got me over and so I am shielded for the rest of the event. I'll remember to return the favor. Within seconds of shielding Psykopathic hit me.

I'm not talking to you! I was at 1075, pushing for the Cap cover, and you and a couple of your team-mates hit me back down to 960. If you'd just waited 10 minutes, I wouldn't have cared if you'd knocked me back to 600!

Darned S.H.I.E.L.D. icon_e_wink.gif

sorry to hear that. You kept coming up on my radar. Hope you saved me for the retal. Many are shielded so hope you get that all back quickly.
  • Nah, I've given up on this one. (This isn't a complaint, just a statement -) it took me over two hours of 9 point matches this morning to go from 790 to 1075, and I don't have time to repeat. Family duty calls! So I've Shielded at 985, which should get me #1 in my bracket. It was just.... So close! I really wanted that Shieldbro Red.

Ah well, maybe next time.

Edit: I know it's not personal! But I'm holding a grudge forever... icon_lol.gif
  • I got up to around 850 or so and hit the point where all of the opponents were maxed, which meant they were 60 levels ahead of me. Woke up at 550, did a few retaliations to get up into the mid/upper 600s, and will figure out what to do this evening. I may just try for top 50; I don't want to burn HP on shields anymore. Does anyone know where the cutoff for top 50 usually is?
  • allorin wrote:
    Nah, I've given up on this one. (This isn't a complaint, just a statement -) it took me over two hours of 9 point matches this morning to go from 790 to 1075, and I don't have time to repeat. Family duty calls! So I've Shielded at 985, which should get me #1 in my bracket. It was just.... So close! I really wanted that Shieldbro Red.

Edit: I know it's not personal! But I'm holding a grudge forever... icon_lol.gif

For me, I try to creep up to around 850 or 900 with 24 or less hours to go, usually unshielded. When making that run between 1k and 1.1k, consider throwing up a 3hr shield and wait, even 30 min to let retals clear, heal up, Que up juicy target, and boost if needed to end the match quicker. Some luck in timing helps as we saw but you can still get your shield bro icon_e_smile.gif
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I got up to around 850 or so and hit the point where all of the opponents were maxed, which meant they were 60 levels ahead of me. Woke up at 550, did a few retaliations to get up into the mid/upper 600s, and will figure out what to do this evening. I may just try for top 50; I don't want to burn HP on shields anymore. Does anyone know where the cutoff for top 50 usually is?

not 100% but a score of 600+ should usually be good for top 50. Consider Joining an Alliance Ben as it can only help you progress quicker, even a 5 man. If covers are your main goal now, I would join a day late to try to score a more casual bracket as 750 may easily net top 5. Good luck.
  • allorin wrote:
    bughunt wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    Glad you got to 1100... took about 100 pts from you alone in consecutive matches as you kept refreshing in my list whilst I was in the 1000s. And thanks for the little +23 push you gave me for my own 1100 icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Yeah, thought I'd help speed it up a bit icon_e_smile.gif
    Was much easier getting to 1100 this morning than last night. I just retaliated against everyone who had attacked overnight and got 30-35 points from most, with only one retaliation left when I finished.

Thanks Bughunt. You got me over and so I am shielded for the rest of the event. I'll remember to return the favor. Within seconds of shielding Psykopathic hit me.

I'm not talking to you! I was at 1075, pushing for the Cap cover, and you and a couple of your team-mates hit me back down to 960. If you'd just waited 10 minutes, I wouldn't have cared if you'd knocked me back to 600!

Darned S.H.I.E.L.D. icon_e_wink.gif

We've all been seeing the same people after 1000. Basically, our teammates, you, and bughunt. As Goku said, you should be able to net off those hits with some juicy retaliations now. icon_e_wink.gif I think I only hit each of you guys once, maybe twice for bughunt. I was trying my best to be judicious with my targets .. spent a small fortune on skips icon_e_confused.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jachdo wrote:
    We've all been seeing the same people after 1000. Basically, our teammates, you, and bughunt. As Goku said, you should be able to net off those hits with some juicy retaliations now. icon_e_wink.gif I think I only hit each of you guys once, maybe twice for bughunt. I was trying my best to be judicious with my targets .. spent a small fortune on skips icon_e_confused.gif
    ...and we've managed to avoid each other - thanks icon_e_wink.gif

It's fun looking at alliance rankings - so this is what it looks like when all of S.H.I.E.L.D's members are going for 1100 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I'm in the same bracket as Jozier... time to start pulling back a bit on my tourneys. And thankfully I don't gun for Top 1 position haha... completely outta my league.
  • Jachdo wrote:

Heh - I was tempted to hit Bughunt on the way up just for the points! icon_e_biggrin.gif Maybe next time... Hahaha.

I put up a 24 hr shield as I'm not sure I have time to play again. Might try for that last 100 points later, and throw up a last minute shield - 300 HP be damned! Will see how the board moves under me - at the moment I have a 400 point lead, so it might be worth the risk to push later if my #1 feels safe.
  • allorin wrote:
    Jachdo wrote:

Heh - I was tempted to hit Bughunt on the way up just for the points! icon_e_biggrin.gif Maybe next time... Hahaha.

I put up a 24 hr shield as I'm not sure I have time to play again. Might try for that last 100 points later, and throw up a last minute shield - 300 HP be damned! Will see how the board moves under me - at the moment I have a 400 point lead, so it might be worth the risk to push later if my #1 feels safe.

Don't wait too late. Avoid the zombie horde in last 3 hrs if possible.
  • Shielded up above 1100. From 950-1100 is has a bunch of 4-7 point matches poppin up (all skips obviously) but EvilSonGoku, Allorin, and a couple more juicy 27-33 pointers kept popping up pretty frequently. Made short work of my ascension and then shielded. Popped 3 times >10 minutes later. There's that lucky timing. Hehe
  • Shielded up above 1100. From 950-1100 is has a bunch of 4-7 point matches poppin up (all skips obviously) but EvilSonGoku, Allorin, and a couple more juicy 27-33 pointers kept popping up pretty frequently. Made short work of my ascension and then shielded. Popped 3 times >10 minutes later. There's that lucky timing. Hehe

Congrats. 3 red is big for overwrite ability but its gonna be a while before Cap sees lvl100 for me.
  • allorin wrote:
    Nah, I've given up on this one. (This isn't a complaint, just a statement -) it took me over two hours of 9 point matches this morning to go from 790 to 1075, and I don't have time to repeat. Family duty calls! So I've Shielded at 985, which should get me #1 in my bracket. It was just.... So close! I really wanted that Shieldbro Red.

That MMR bubble was disgusting this tourney, I know I was seeing pretty much nothing but alliance members and 1-3 others. I burned a boatload of ISO trying not to be a total tinykitty to people. Was forced to hit you down the stretch, as I was in the same boat as you. I got knocked down from 1075 to 975 twice before I made it on the 3rd climb. Same with Bowgentle who definitely got some juicy retal points once I shielded. Hope you get the same!

Congrats. 3 red is big for overwrite ability but its gonna be a while before Cap sees lvl100 for me.

Yeah I got too many others to work on. Mines gonna sit around 50-60 so viable when buffed.
  • Sigh.

Encouraged by you all, I decided to give it a try.

Up to 1078 - knocked back down to 1012. Really, really frustrating. Waste of a 24 hr shield!

It's not much fun when you're winning 7-9 points per match, and you lose 66 from two losses.

I give up.
  • allorin wrote:
    Sigh.

Up to 1078 - knocked back down to 1012. Really, really frustrating. Waste of a 24 hr shield!

It's not much fun when you're winning 7-9 points per match, and you lose 66 from two losses.

I give up.

U at least got a 30 pointer or so outta me. Hehe
    When I'm above 1k I won't stay out of shield for more than 3 matches at a time.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    allorin wrote:
    Sigh.

I give up.
    Sorry icon_e_sad.gif

I guess most of those who could reach 1100 have done so by now and are safely sitting behind shields, so there's almost no targets around to help you climb.

That MMR bubble was disgusting this tourney, I know I was seeing pretty much nothing but alliance members and 1-3 others. I burned a boatload of ISO trying not to be a total tinykitty to people. Was forced to hit you down the stretch, as I was in the same boat as you. I got knocked down from 1075 to 975 twice before I made it on the 3rd climb. Same with Bowgentle who definitely got some juicy retal points once I shielded. Hope you get the same!
    Yeah, I figured that you'd use your retaliation on me to get you over 1100 and then shield up, so I went all out after you hit me icon_e_smile.gif
    I think I got about 80 net points off you, with some shielding shenanigans.
    Props to your determination, I don't think I would have bothered if I lost 100 - twice!
  • allorin wrote:
    Sigh.

I give up.

U at least got a 30 pointer or so outta me. Hehe
    When I'm above 1k I won't stay out of shield for more than 3 matches at a time.

At least one - though we swapped points a few times!

That's a lesson I've learned, I think. I've never really worried about progression rewards, or the number 1 spot before. So I tend to rush to a safe top ten total, the shield. I realised pushing to 1100 would be different - just not this different! I will definitely follow a similar pattern next time - it seems small, incremental gains with shields in between is the way to go.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    allorin wrote:
    Sigh.

I give up.
    Sorry icon_e_sad.gif

I guess most of those who could reach 1100 have done so by now and are safely sitting behind shields, so there's almost no targets around to help you climb.

Yeah, I figured that you'd use your retaliation on me to get you over 1100 and then shield up, so I went all out after you hit me icon_e_smile.gif
    I think I got about 80 net points off you, with some shielding shenanigans.
    Props to your determination, I don't think I would have bothered if I lost 100 - twice!

I don't think I've seen you in game at all, unless you have a different in game name?

I stupidly cleared wyp's retal from my node when I was trying to rush small, easy wins to break through. At the very least, I'm looking at this as lots of lessons learned for the next time. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    allorin wrote:
    I don't think I've seen you in game at all, unless you have a different in game name?

I stupidly cleared wyp's retal from my node when I was trying to rush small, easy wins to break through. At the very least, I'm looking at this as lots of lessons learned for the next time. icon_e_smile.gif
    Nick is the same in game.
    I saw you a few times this morning, but skipped - at the time there were higher point targets.
    I think I finished my run at the time you seriously started yours, I didn't see Psykopathic either when I played.

And I learned my lesson when I went to 1100 for the Psyduck progression reward a couple of weeks back - then I also thought I could unshield once and push to 1100 in one go. Ended up using I think 7 or 8 shields then because I'm stupid.
    This time I knew that I'd have to attack - shield - attack boosted - reshield - rinse and repeat at least twice to keep my sanity, and it worked out.