First Avenger 04.04 - 06.04

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WesFaram wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Started a bracket, felt in the mood to see if I could get that elusive 1100 reward.
    At 853 now, let's see how this shakes out with another push.
    My mighty Lv 53 Lazy Cap probably won't prevent anyone from retaliating, though icon_e_biggrin.gif
    This early, how much are the nodes worth that you're fighting? Do you see frequent attacks, too? I'm debating if I should start early /shield often to get that 1100 reward or get a later bracket which only needs 700-800 for a top 10 finish, but less stress & no 1100 reward.
    Decent points up to 600, past 600 the usual 10, 15 pointers.
    And after 750 The whole S.H.I.E.L.D crew in the queue (saw Jachdo, WYP, Polarity, Bubbleboy).
    No attacks, but that's probably only due to easier targets being available than my max Punisher, max Patch team.
    Everyone can beat those, but there's always the chance of a bad cascade ruining the match, so you skip to someone easier until you're out of options.
  • Up to about 300. Since they removed the 50 HP, I think I'm going to see how well I can do with no shielding - I can't keep spending HP on shields or I'll run out soon - and just live with the single cover. I think I'm going to stop trying to finish top 10 all the time (I can't remember the last time I didn't) and live with the single cover and focus on ISO, even though I need the GSBW covers. I think I can reliably do top 50 without shields, and it's only really the difference between one cover and two.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Up to about 300. Since they removed the 50 HP, I think I'm going to see how well I can do with no shielding - I can't keep spending HP on shields or I'll run out soon - and just live with the single cover. I think I'm going to stop trying to finish top 10 all the time (I can't remember the last time I didn't) and live with the single cover and focus on ISO, even though I need the GSBW covers. I think I can reliably do top 50 without shields, and it's only really the difference between one cover and two.

I thought about shielding last night when I got over 500, but I thought better of it. I don't need any of the GSBW covers and I"m not feeling too committed to grinding out a first overall. I'm content knowing that for a few hours I was ahead of Shamusyeah...Who now has 807 points and a nice size lead.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    WesFaram wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Started a bracket, felt in the mood to see if I could get that elusive 1100 reward.
    My mighty Lv 53 Lazy Cap probably won't prevent anyone from retaliating, though icon_e_biggrin.gif
    This early, how much are the nodes worth that you're fighting? Do you see frequent attacks, too? I'm debating if I should start early /shield often to get that 1100 reward or get a later bracket which only needs 700-800 for a top 10 finish, but less stress & no 1100 reward.
    And after 750 The whole S.H.I.E.L.D crew in the queue (saw Jachdo, WYP, Polarity, Bubbleboy).
    No attacks, but that's probably only due to easier targets being available than my max Punisher, max Patch team.
    Everyone can beat those, but there's always the chance of a bad cascade ruining the match, so you skip to someone easier until you're out of options.

I actually haven't seen you yet. To be honest, I've been avoiding you lately since you came up about 100 times during last weeks LRs. I try not to spam attacks unless I'm not given other options. ...and as several people have pointed out, I have a weakness for retaliations. I don't want to bring S.H.I.E.L.D to its knees with my over enthusiasm. icon_e_wink.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's pretty funny how every agreed that last tournament had a ton more activity than previous tournaments due to cap covers, but this one might result in the highest point total for us because of LazyCap's prog reward at 1100.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Jachdo wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    WesFaram wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

I actually haven't seen you yet. To be honest, I've been avoiding you lately since you came up about 100 times during last weeks LRs. I try not to spam attacks unless I'm not given other options. ...and as several people have pointed out, I have a weakness for retaliations. I don't want to bring S.H.I.E.L.D to its knees with my over enthusiasm. icon_e_wink.gif
    Hehe - I've seen you about a million times in the last few PVPs once I hit 800, since you seem to be playing at the same time as me.
    I'm shielded which is why you don't see me right now icon_e_wink.gif
    Usually when I start seeing you it's time to shield up, because you seem to be the only one who has no second thoughts about hitting me more than once icon_e_biggrin.gif

Feel free to pounce on me in LRs all you want, I'm using those strictly to farm ISO.
    I wouldn't mind not getting hit in tournaments while I'm trying to reach a progression, though icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Feel free to pounce on me in LRs all you want, I'm using those strictly to farm ISO.
    I wouldn't mind not getting hit in tournaments while I'm trying to reach a progression, though icon_e_wink.gif

Haha, so many times I'm like "I'm not even going for top 10, just let me get to 500, you'll get more points then anyways, JEEZ" icon_razz.gif
  • gamar wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Haha, so many times I'm like "I'm not even going for top 10, just let me get to 500, you'll get more points then anyways, JEEZ" icon_razz.gif

Aside from a cover I wanted for a respec, I'm always aiming for that 500. After that, I usually stop. The problem arises when I finish that last fight, get the popup saying you are '501', immediately followed by 'BowGentle has attacked you! -42 points !" /sigh

Thus it begins.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Jachdo wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Aside from a cover I wanted for a respec, I'm always aiming for that 500. After that, I usually stop. The problem arises when I finish that last fight, get the popup saying you are '501', immediately followed by 'BowGentle has attacked you! -42 points !" /sigh

Thus it begins.
    I don't think I ever saw you before you had over 700 points, so that can't have been me icon_lol.gif
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Jachdo wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Thus it begins.
    I don't think I ever saw you before you had over 700 points, so that can't have been me icon_lol.gif

Oh, I meant the lighting rounds icon_e_smile.gif Don't think I've ever broke 700 in that! Close, but no cookie.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Jachdo wrote:
    Oh, I meant the lighting rounds icon_e_smile.gif Don't think I've ever broke 700 in that! Close, but no cookie.
    Oh OK, LRs are something else, yeah - I might have hit you in one of the hero ones, I went for two or three of those.
    Will make a mental note to let you get to 500 if I see you, it's not like I'm going out of my way to fight your godlike roster icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Jachdo wrote:
    Oh OK, LRs are something else, yeah - I might have hit you in one of the hero ones, I went for two or three of those.
    Will make a mental note to let you get to 500 if I see you, it's not like I'm going out of my way to fight your godlike roster icon_e_wink.gif

icon_redface.gif I got a few heroes that I've obsessively leveled, but there are fare better rosters out there.

Besides, when you get to the point we're at, 141 is just the icing on the cake. Once a roster has a few heroes over 100, there really isn't anyone you can't take down.
  • I'm shielded at 847pts. I planned to get to at least 900 today, but getting matches worth 8-10pts seemed to be too risky. Hell, I need to fight 5 battles, when someone will hit me once for -40? No, thank You.

Hopefully next time there will be more people worth better points. But 1100pts Captain Morgan (a.k.a. the Red) seems to be elusive right now.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    I'm shielded at 847pts. I planned to get to at least 900 today, but getting matches worth 8-10pts seemed to be too risky. Hell, I need to fight 5 battles, when someone will hit me once for -40? No, thank You.

Hopefully next time there will be more people worth better points. But 1100pts Captain Morgan (a.k.a. the Red) seems to be elusive right now.
    Well, Bubbleboy is at 1102, so you could get 40 off him - if you feel like trying your luck against a maxed Lazy Thor and Black Panther icon_e_biggrin.gif
    At least he was at 1102 when I skipped around.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    I'm shielded at 847pts. I planned to get to at least 900 today, but getting matches worth 8-10pts seemed to be too risky. Hell, I need to fight 5 battles, when someone will hit me once for -40? No, thank You.

Well, Bubbleboy is at 1102, so you could get 40 off him - if you feel like trying your luck against a maxed Lazy Thor and Black Panther icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I skipped quite a lot of 8pt fights. best I got was 12pts. Not worth my nerves.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

He's down a lot. I got 24 for beating him to take me to 1097. The game told me he was worth 27 and actually showed 1,000 on the pop-up, but it only registered 1097 when I went to the main screen.
  • ToryTory
    ToryTory Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Hi bowgentle. I'm in your bracket. I shielded at 700 i believe last night. Just trying for the 1100 but prob won't hit it. My LCap is at 2/4/4 and I really need some GSBW love. I work all day on weekends. Prob grind for a couple hours after work tonight. Hopefully I leave work early tomorrow to play an hour. 11pm deadlines are tough for me. icon_rolleyes.gif

Good luck!!!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This push up to 1100 is pretty scary...
  • This push up to 1100 is pretty scary...
    I assume it will be possible around half a day till the end. On the other hand it will be much tougher, as people tend to grind those last hours more, so there's much of a chance to get a crapload of attacks. Time to answer a question - do I really bother that much?

@Davecazz - You're aiming at 1100 or do You just want the X-Force cover? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Got to the 300 reward. My token transformed into a Bagman. Worst part is I was attacked and my seed team node vanished. Can't load Bagman/DD/LoanerSteve from the 300+ club.

Everyone.

Attack me PLZ.

I'm done with this event. No retals. Promise.

FYI: team should be ClasStorm/MagNowTo/LoanerSteve.