First Avenger 04.04 - 06.04

Options

Comments

• Get attacked by Nemek = time to go retreating in SHIELD Training
  • IHatePVP wrote:
    Got to the 300 reward. My token transformed into a Bagman. Worst part is I was attacked and my seed team node vanished. Can't load Bagman/DD/LoanerSteve from the 300+ club.

Everyone.

Attack me PLZ.

I'm done with this event. No retals. Promise.

FYI: team should be ClasStorm/MagNowTo/LoanerSteve.

Ditto here.

made the most boring grind ever to 309.. pulled a daken cover I was already maxed on. So I'm officially done with this event.

Loaner cap
    Min level moonstone
    Max level juggy(needed to actually do enough damage to win)

fire away.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phew, safely grinded to 1100 without any retaliations. Thanks to all that contributed points! I should be worth a fortune to you guys in retaliations now.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't believe I've used any Lazy Cap ability all tournament so far, and I have mine up around 50 pre-buff. Don't recall being hit by an opponent LCap ability either.

From the perspective of highlighting Lazy Cap this event is a failure. It's like a two on two tournament for all practical purposes. Much worse then the other recent new character tourneys in my opinion.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Get attacked by Nemek = time to go retreating in SHIELD Training

Does this still work? I did it once before they reworked the way tank teams showed up in battle. I was not sure if they had tweaked things to get rid of this or not.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Once you hit a certain score, no amount of tanking will help. You'll still wind up with people with maxed rosters.
  • In case anyone is in the same bracket as me I've already reported alsantos to the cheating police.

Also, I have no need for the top prize so I won't push anyone that passes me.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Went over 1000, but there's slim pickings beyond.
    Hopefully my queued retaliations will be for people who reach 1100 in the next hour icon_e_wink.gif
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Usually, I'm not attacked a lot while I'm under 500 pts.
    Currently, I encounter regular attacks although I'm still around only 400 pts (not exactly a juicy target I think).
    It's not a big deal, losses are easy to recover, but it seems that the interest for this tournament is growing, no?
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Once you hit a certain score, no amount of tanking will help. You'll still wind up with people with maxed rosters.
    Tanked a lot for this tourney and more during. Climbed above 900 with relative ease and no need for shields but for the last 300 points have been seeing half of S.H.I.E.L.D at my really low MMR along with 2* rosters. Also got hit by emeryt but retaliation netted more points than the loss so no worries there. Shielded up till event end now so can only hope for more defensive wins (had lots coming in yesterday from low level teams taking on my hood, cmags & shieldbro combined) point is tanking at high score still works but high level players do it too so remember... The grass may be greener on the other side but there is sh#t in every field!!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sheesh, that was intense.
    Not sure this was worth it for just one red Cap cover, but got a bit carried away there - felt almost like an elite tourney.

Hope you got the 1100, jozier. Sorry, yours was the easiest roster with that Spidey.

Feel free to fire away if any of you have me queued, I'm shielded through to the end @1103 icon_e_smile.gif
  • I got my 1100 too now and I'm only after top 25 (gives 100 HP same a higher ranks), so feel free to hit me too.
    Got a CA.SR token from my progression award & from 1100 so have 2/3/3 now. Makes up for the unobtainable PvE rewards icon_e_smile.gif
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In case anyone is in the same bracket as me I've already reported alsantos to the cheating police.

Also, I have no need for the top prize so I won't push anyone that passes me.

Thank you for doing that beezer. I was just looking at that roster earlier when we were positions 1,2,3 especially with him sitting there with a 5 red cover BWGS leveled all the the way to 141(!?). How is that even possible?

Also good luck to anyone trying to get past you score wise... icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sorry for hitting you multiple times ladder, you were the only one weigh more than like 15 points that was coming up. I put up a shield, so feel free to use all those retaliations.

Feel a little bad, since I don't need any grey widows, but I do need a red x force, and this seems like a pretty uncompetitive bracket
  • bughunt wrote:
    I got my 1100 too now and I'm only after top 25 (gives 100 HP same a higher ranks), so feel free to hit me too.
    Got a CA.SR token from my progression award & from 1100 so have 2/3/3 now. Makes up for the unobtainable PvE rewards icon_e_smile.gif

Glad you got to 1100... took about 100 pts from you alone in consecutive matches as you kept refreshing in my list whilst I was in the 1000s. And thanks for the little +23 push you gave me for my own 1100 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I have shielded for the event as I have to much work to catch up on and have been getting hit way to much when I was unshielded so you have a clear run repronaz for that x force cover. I only need the red GSBW cover to have her final build. I think the score looks good for that.
  • beemand2g wrote:
    I have shielded for the event as I have to much work to catch up on and have been getting hit way to much when I was unshielded so you have a clear run repronaz for that x force cover. I only need the red GSBW cover to have her final build. I think the score looks good for that.
    Thanks beee, I have shielded till the end now so won't be pushing any more either. I was scared when I saw you in there at the beginning but not too much as xforce can wait, I desperately needed the gsbw covers as current build is only 2/1/1 and that you s through the luck of pulling a green from standard token. It has been fun running with you though
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Glad you got to 1100... took about 100 pts from you alone in consecutive matches as you kept refreshing in my list whilst I was in the 1000s. And thanks for the little +23 push you gave me for my own 1100 icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Yeah, thought I'd help speed it up a bit icon_e_smile.gif
    Was much easier getting to 1100 this morning than last night. I just retaliated against everyone who had attacked overnight and got 30-35 points from most, with only one retaliation left when I finished.
  • bughunt wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    Was much easier getting to 1100 this morning than last night. I just retaliated against everyone who had attacked overnight and got 30-35 points from most, with only one retaliation left when I finished.

Thanks Bughunt. You got me over and so I am shielded for the rest of the event. I'll remember to return the favor. Within seconds of shielding Psykopathic hit me.
  • bughunt wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:

Thanks Bughunt. You got me over and so I am shielded for the rest of the event. I'll remember to return the favor. Within seconds of shielding Psykopathic hit me.

I'm not talking to you! I was at 1075, pushing for the Cap cover, and you and a couple of your team-mates hit me back down to 960. If you'd just waited 10 minutes, I wouldn't have cared if you'd knocked me back to 600!

Darned S.H.I.E.L.D. icon_e_wink.gif