First Avenger 04.04 - 06.04

Options

Comments

• jozier wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    KaioShinDE wrote:
    Man, as someone who started around the Hulk event I only know these covers from mythology icon_lol.gif

Same. Last offered around the time of the Widowmaker tournament, when I could barely get into the 2** reward range.

Was offered in a Thor tourney at the time of Heroic Oscorp

viewtopic.php?f=7&p=45058#p45058

Ah, right. I skipped that tournament, because for some reason I could not get Thor covers to save my life back at the beginning. The time before that was actually No Man's Land, the week before Widowmaker (between Christmas and New Year's Day).
  • Makes sense. Those were dark days, that pve was horrible and that pvp I had a hard time in. Managed to get one purple cover.
  • Wow. The loaner Capt. Rogers is a lamer! Even if i get the 2 covers tonight, I think I'll get to 300, load in Bagman & ModDow/DD and Tank away.

Ah, who am I kidding? I needed to tank this to recover from TBTI (April Ed.) anyway.

Tank tank tank tank tank tank tank tank tank tank tank tank tank tank tank tank tank!
  • Ooh, looks like we are going to be using the widows in the next tournament. I hope it is all three of them.

Well, two.
  • Probably a rerun of Widowmaker
  • Ghast wrote:
    Ooh, looks like we are going to be using the widows in the next tournament. I hope it is all three of them.

Well, two.

The name implies at least Grey Suit so I'm happy.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Probably a rerun of Widowmaker

w00t, a tournament for a buffed character that I actually have! OBW is going to be a lot better than GSBW on defense, so she can be on the optimal team composition, yay!
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    God bless America! Fought Ares/oBW in Jungle just now, thankfully AI gave preference to Steve and never used Anti-Grav or, more importantly, Sunder. Very pleased, hopefully enemy Captain stays this useful till the end of the event.
  • Oh I didn't even see the new tourney name. Interesting. Seems like BWGS focused. Guess I'll have to level her. Add her to the list *sigh*
  • Desert node? oh SNAP
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    YES! The AI did it again and patiently waited for the lvl 23 Cap to get all the yellow for Sentinel, while maxed Thor** lost the chance to Thunder Strike my team. PLEASE EVERYONE RUN ARES/THOR IN YOUR COMP! I will be eternally grateful!
  • locked wrote:
    YES! The AI did it again and patiently waited for the lvl 23 Cap to get all the yellow for Sentinel, while maxed Thor** lost the chance to Thunder Strike my team. PLEASE EVERYONE RUN ARES/THOR IN YOUR COMP! I will be eternally grateful!

I see it now - event won by the guy with the 0/5/0 Cap
  • gamar wrote:
    locked wrote:

I see it now - event won by the guy with the 0/5/0 Cap

you give the ai too much credit...

I'm kidding of course...

or am I?
  • I am in 5th now, a few people have attacked me but no losses. I guess having a level 80 cap buffed to 121 isn't a easy fight. Just need 1 blue cover to finish his build.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    For no reason at all I am in first with 462 points. The red X-force cover would be nice, but I don't expect to maintain this position. I was bored and couldn't sleep...
  • I'm #1 with 523 and continue pushing. need ISO to fuel Mr. Rogers icon_e_wink.gif
    Davecazz just shielded at 501pts.

I'll see where it will lead me, but I think Red Cap at 1100 can be achievable.

What's the current consensus on best X-Force build? If they plan to rework him by only slighly changing his powers (higher dmg etc), then I'd opt to make him 553.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    I'm #1 with 523 and continue pushing. need ISO to fuel Mr. Rogers icon_e_wink.gif
    Davecazz just shielded at 501pts.

I'll see where it will lead me, but I think Red Cap at 1100 can be achievable.

What's the current consensus on best X-Force build? If they plan to rework him by only slighly changing his powers (higher dmg etc), then I'd opt to make him 553.

Easily 5/5/3. Have you seen yellow 5? Yellow 4 is marginal enough that its worth going 5 in the other 2 abilities as they're marginally more relevant.
  • Sitting at 500, forgot what defensive wins looked like after the patch tourney, got 2 randomly while I was just playing. In walkyourpath's bracket again somehow.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Started a bracket, felt in the mood to see if I could get that elusive 1100 reward.
    At 853 now, let's see how this shakes out with another push.
    My mighty Lv 53 Lazy Cap probably won't prevent anyone from retaliating, though icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Started a bracket, felt in the mood to see if I could get that elusive 1100 reward.
    At 853 now, let's see how this shakes out with another push.
    My mighty Lv 53 Lazy Cap probably won't prevent anyone from retaliating, though icon_e_biggrin.gif
    This early, how much are the nodes worth that you're fighting? Do you see frequent attacks, too? I'm debating if I should start early /shield often to get that 1100 reward or get a later bracket which only needs 700-800 for a top 10 finish, but less stress & no 1100 reward.