R118 Release Notes (1/17/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

Here are the final release notes for the R118 patch!

MPQ R118!
Armed with her own improvised Iron Man suit and ready to kick bad guy butt, the hero called Ironheart will be a force to be reckoned with.
Find out more about 4-Star Riri Williams here: https://news.marvel.com/games/58123/pie ... -williams/

"Starting to feel haunted"

What's Changed:
    • Powers levels correctly increase or decrease the AP cost of the power based on Power Level when applicable.
    • This fix also addresses the bug pertaining to Passive abilities, such as Quake and Jean Grey (Phoenix)
• Respecing non-championed characters will properly consume the cover in the player's reward cache and it will no longer consume Command Points.
• Reduce the amount of black loading screens in the game.
• Smoothed out the way XP notifications were displayed.
• Addressed some rare cases where the game would crash when launching the game.
• Hawkeye (Modern)'s power Blast Arrow now displays the correct description at power level 5.
• Silver Surfer (Skyrider)'s power Cosmic Beam now has the correct tense at power level 2.
• Doctor Strange (Classic)'s power Eye of Agamotto can only be activated if there is a basic tile on the board.
• Blade (Modern)'s power Bloodlust now plays an animation when it activates.
• Moon Knight (Marc Spector)'s power Moonsilver Blades can no longer be fired if there is not a valid enemy.
• Teisatsu's power Turn to Smoke will no longer display a banner when there isn't any available tiles for the power to create attack tiles on.

*Updated to final release notes (1/17/17)

Comments

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Just figured out where my missing cp went. The game used my cp to respec PHX instead of the cover i had. So it used both my extra cover and 720cp. Also explains why i couldn't respec my BSS today, didn't have enough cp for it to steal.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still no fix for Phoenix...
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Any plans to fix black Suit Spiderman's purple? It doesn't reduce strikes to 1.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos wrote:
    Just figured out where my missing cp went. The game used my cp to respec PHX instead of the cover i had. So it used both my extra cover and 720cp. Also explains why i couldn't respec my BSS today, didn't have enough cp for it to steal.
    You should open a customer support ticket, they may be able to restore your CP.
  • fmftint
    Brigby wrote:
    • Moon Knight (Marc Spector)'s power Moonsilver Blades can no longer be fired if there is not a valid enemy.
    Just in time for his Crash...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    fmftint wrote:
    If this is regarding 'From the Ashes' not triggering due to Thanos's Court Death, there is currently a bug report open that the developers are aware of, and they're working on a fix.
    Same with this issue. There is currently a bug report open that the developers are aware of, and they're working on a fix.
    DayvBang wrote:
    Thanos wrote:
    Yes. I agree. If you believe you are affected by this bug, then please send in a support ticket, and Customer Support will help you out.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Just in time for his Crash...

I'm not sure that maters - it says it will stop it from firing if there is no valid target. This will only matter defensively -for example if the only member of your team not downed is airborne, he won't waste it on a person who can't be hit.

It does hit invisible targets, right? Since it's not actually directed? But possibly you can't fire it because you don't know there are invisible targets?

Now I'm a bit confused - can we get a bit more on this?
  • fmftint
    Brigby wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    If this is regarding 'From the Ashes' not triggering due to Thanos's Court Death, there is currently a bug report open that the developers are aware of, and they're working on a fix.
    That's half of it, Ashes won't trigger when stunned even though the ability reads:
    This power can fire while Jean Gray is stunned
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Can we get in R119 fixed description of 4*Cyclops' red power?
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    fmftint wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    That's half of it, Ashes won't trigger when stunned even though the ability reads:
    This power can fire while Jean Gray is stunned

It also fails to generate the resurrection CD when she dies as a result of a double match 5. (The stunning thing is a bigger issue though)
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Brigby wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Same with this issue. There is currently a bug report open that the developers are aware of, and they're working on a fix.
    DayvBang wrote:
    Thanos wrote:
    Yes. I agree. If you believe you are affected by this bug, then please send in a support ticket, and Customer Support will help you out.
    I have an open ticket right now for this very reason. Hope this means I'll be getting my Command Points back soon.
  • Dayv
    an1979 wrote:
    While I do think it could be a bit clearer, I don't think it's wrong.

I assume you feel that as described, it should not cost red AP when you have 10 TU AP?

The "instead" means that instead of destroying a selected tile and doing X damage, it consumes 10 Team-Up AP, deals Y damage, and destroys a selected row. The Team-Up AP consumption is part of the power's effects, not a replacement for its red AP cost.

I think the "instead" is unnecessary, though. It adds more ambiguity than it removes. They were probably trying to avoid the impression that with 10 TU AP on hand, it would do X + Y damage.

But anyway, this is not the appropriate thread for unrelated issues such as this. Please head over to Bugs and Technical issues and look for an existing topic on the issue or start a new one, especially for concerns that didn't even start with R117 in the first place.
  • Dayv
    Who's Doctor Strange (Classic)? I only know Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange), the 3*, and Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme), the 5*. Are we getting a 4* version as well? icon_mrgreen.gif
    Seven star version, coming out in Octember. Instead of consuming ISO for levels, you have to feed it fully champed 3* or 5* Doctors Strange.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2017
    Reduce the amount of black loading screens in the game.

Thanks god, on a PC, this seems excessively long when:
    * entering an node
    * using token
    * switching between events

It seems like 10% of my time is waiting on the transition screens.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Underwhelming to say the least.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Nobody gonna take a chance at the hint? All right, then.

I'm gonna guess it's Nuke, the pill-popping guy with PTSD that had a part in Jessica Jones! Super popular character, right? Right?

Right...?

I still believe we'll see Nuke and Hellcat before we see Jessica Jones.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    an1979 wrote:
    While I do think it could be a bit clearer, I don't think it's wrong.

I assume you feel that as described, it should not cost red AP when you have 10 TU AP?

The "instead" means that instead of destroying a selected tile and doing X damage, it consumes 10 Team-Up AP, deals Y damage, and destroys a selected row. The Team-Up AP consumption is part of the power's effects, not a replacement for it's red AP cost.

I think the "instead" is unnecessary, though. It adds more ambiguity than it removes. They were probably trying to avoid the impression that with 10 TU AP on hand, it would do X + Y damage.

But anyway, this is not the appropriate thread for unrelated issues such as this. Please head over to Bugs and Technical issues and look for an existing topic on the issue or start a new one, especially for concerns that didn't even start with R117 in the first place.

Obviously you don't play Magic the Gathering. This was clear as day to me. Activate the power by paying it's Ap cost, it does x, but if you have 10 teamup ap it does y instead. If it changed the cost of the power, it would have said so in the description. That has been done plenty of times, like Spider Gwen's red power.
  • Nobody gonna take a chance at the hint? All right, then.

I'm gonna guess it's Nuke, the pill-popping guy with PTSD that had a part in Jessica Jones! Super popular character, right? Right?

Right...?

Black Panther (per the trend, 5*)
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I'm going to be a little sad to see 2* Magneto's red go back to the correct cost. It's been a ton of fun to use that with the new 4* Captain Marvel to skip the 1-turn countdown. It's almost an infinite loop in itself!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Horrorshow wrote:
    Nobody gonna take a chance at the hint? All right, then.

Right...?

Black Panther (per the trend, 5*)

Robbie Reyes?