S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercept Changes *Update (1/16/17)

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i haven't seen one in a couple days. again. why can't these things just work?
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Playing on Amazon Kindle, and game installed via Amazon app store. When the intercepts were introduced, I received a fair amount for more than a month. Since R115, no more.
    At some point, they may have been removed. Could they clarified if the intercepts was never intended to be implement on Amazon or did they have to remove them due to restrictions solely on Amazon ads policy.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Histamiel wrote:
    Playing on Amazon Kindle, and game installed via Amazon app store. When the intercepts were introduced, I received a fair amount for more than a month. Since R115, no more.
    At some point, they may have been removed. Could they clarified if the intercepts was never intended to be implement on Amazon or did they have to remove them due to restrictions solely on Amazon ads policy.

it also would be nice if they admitted "Oh, you bought VIP solely to earn intercepts without watching ads... here is some sort of mea culpa"

I don't need or demand compensation, but I mean about 75% of the appeal of VIP for me is just the intercepts. Take that away (3 days into my VIP, no less!) and I feel cheated. At least refund part of my VIP? I don't know. Take the remaining VIP days away, and refund a pro-rated amount, I'd be fine with that. Right now, I feel they took my money and then didn't deliver all I paid for.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Crnch73 wrote:
    I don't need or demand compensation, but I mean about 75% of the appeal of VIP for me is just the intercepts. Take that away (3 days into my VIP, no less!) and I feel cheated. At least refund part of my VIP? I don't know. Take the remaining VIP days away, and refund a pro-rated amount, I'd be fine with that. Right now, I feel they took my money and then didn't deliver all I paid for.
    Apologies for the confusion, however VIP technically never included the ability to skip Intercepts in its package. The ability to claim Intercept rewards without watching them was a complimentary feature for anyone who made a purchase. I would personally speculate that many players purchase VIP to trigger this feature, because it offers a wider variety of rewards than just purchasing Hero Points or ISO, and it just incidentally became synonymous with each other.
    I received a S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept but I didn’t have to watch the video to get the reward. What happened?

As a thank you to anyone that made a purchase (including VIP) within 30 days, you will automatically receive the S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept bonus reward. After 30 days of a purchase, the Signal Intercept will be enabled once again until another purchase is made.
    You can find this exact quote near the bottom of this FAQ article: What is S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    What does it mean by "session"?
    A session is one continuous duration of play where you're playing a bunch of missions.

Is this session based on ign or ip address? I noticed that if I play at home, I get offered less shield intercepts during my session. However, if I'm playing on my mobile/tablet while on the train to/from work, I get heaps more. Seem to suggest session is detected by ip address.

Shouldn't be complaining but I hate the fact that I'm burning my mobile/tablet quota on ads, and when I'm on wifi at home (where quota is unlimited), I don't get as many intercepts
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    What about Steam users?
    Steam users unfortunately do not receive Intercepts due to limitations in our partner technology. We plan on discussing soon the exploration of different options to help remedy this disparity.

Translation: We're not gonna do anything about this but say we're working on it.

Just like those facebook rewards for Steam users right? Still working on it right? icon_lol.gif
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    What does it mean by "session"?
    A session is one continuous duration of play where you're playing a bunch of missions.

Is this session based on ign or ip address? I noticed that if I play at home, I get offered less shield intercepts during my session. However, if I'm playing on my mobile/tablet while on the train to/from work, I get heaps more. Seem to suggest session is detected by ip address.

Shouldn't be complaining but I hate the fact that I'm burning my mobile/tablet quota on ads, and when I'm on wifi at home (where quota is unlimited), I don't get as many intercepts

this is generally how it goes for me as well. although, as stated i haven't seen one for a couple days. again.
  • Crnch73
    Brigby wrote:
    Crnch73 wrote:
    Apologies for the confusion, however VIP technically never included the ability to skip Intercepts in its package. The ability to claim Intercept rewards without watching them was a complimentary feature for anyone who made a purchase. I would personally speculate that many players purchase VIP to trigger this feature, because it offers a wider variety of rewards than just purchasing Hero Points or ISO, and it just incidentally became synonymous with each other.
    I received a S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept but I didn’t have to watch the video to get the reward. What happened?

As a thank you to anyone that made a purchase (including VIP) within 30 days, you will automatically receive the S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept bonus reward. After 30 days of a purchase, the Signal Intercept will be enabled once again until another purchase is made.
    You can find this exact quote near the bottom of this FAQ article: What is S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept?

I appreciate the feedback. Again, I am not demanding any sort of compensation here. However, you can't tell me that I shouldn't be upset either. Yes, VIP comes with the scattered prizes. Outside of 2 Legendary Tokens, I could care less about the VIP rewards, they aren't worth 10 dollars to me. So, I made the purchase thinking I would get all of the VIP rewards AS WELL AS shield intercepts. This was something that had been explicitly mentioned would happen. Now, with whatever is going on at Amazon, I still get the regular VIP rewards but no intercepts. This means that I spent 10 bucks on something, and I am getting less than what I was promised for it.

In reality, I was just bummed out because this is another example of something gone wrong here. If you went to a store that had a 2-for-1 sale going on, and then when you got home, you realized they only gave you 1... sure you got nothing less than what you technically paid for, but you actually got a little screwed over here. Heck, people freak out when a fast food joint gives them the wrong order or forgets the french fries. Though it would be extremely nice to get some sort of "I'm sorry, please let us make it up to you", I know to never expect generosity here. I am 100% allowed to feel like I was sold a false bill of goods from a snake oil salesman. I promise to never spend another cent on this game because I now fear I will never get something I thought I was buying, but will continue to play the same as always.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Crnch73 wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    My long quote
    Their long quote
    I apologize if I came off as lacking empathy. I was merely explaining the specifics of the VIP package, but I can see why it might have been viewed as being dismissive of your situation, and I'm sorry for that. That was not my intention.

Intercepts not being available for Amazon and Steam users is a topic that has been discussed before, and one that I plan on rejuvenating this week.
  • Crnch73
    Brigby wrote:
    Crnch73 wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    My long quote
    Their long quote
    I apologize if I came off as lacking empathy. I was merely explaining the specifics of the VIP package, but I can see why it might have been viewed as being dismissive of your situation, and I'm sorry for that. That was not my intention.

Intercepts not being available for Amazon and Steam users is a topic that has been discussed before, and one that I plan on rejuvenating this week.

again, thank you for your response. I can't speak for Steam users, because obviously I am not one. I can understand their frustration. I just wish I had known this was going to happen, just to save my 10 bucks. Not a huge sum of money, so it's not the end of the world. I just irks me when, had this been announced earlier, I just wouldn't have spent the money. I feel like I might as well have flushed the money down the drain at this point. At the very least, a positive note is that I will save all my future money by not continuing to pump it into the game.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crnch73 wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Crnch73 wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    My long quote
    Their long quote

again, thank you for your response. I can't speak for Steam users, because obviously I am not one. I can understand their frustration. I just wish I had known this was going to happen, just to save my 10 bucks. Not a huge sum of money, so it's not the end of the world. I just irks me when, had this been announced earlier, I just wouldn't have spent the money. I feel like I might as well have flushed the money down the drain at this point. At the very least, a positive note is that I will save all my future money by not continuing to pump it into the game.

If you're at that the point where you think $10 is a waste of money and you don't want to pump money in this game then why continue playing?

I agree it sucks, I purchased VIP and for some reason it's not working with SHIELD Intercept and I have to watch Ads (still waiting on CS feedback). It sucks, but the $10 for VIP was originally intended for the daily items you receive and the 25% health regeneration, with the Intercept being an added bonus. Brigby is the middleman, so voicing your disgust to him isn't going to do anything, unfortunately. Hopefully they find a solution soon but it does not look like a priority at the moment.
  • Crnch73
    If you're at that the point where you think $10 is a waste of money and you don't want to pump money in this game then why continue playing?

I agree it sucks, I purchased VIP and for some reason it's not working with SHIELD Intercept and I have to watch Ads (still waiting on CS feedback). It sucks, but the $10 for VIP was originally intended for the daily items you receive and the 25% health regeneration, with the Intercept being an added bonus. Brigby is the middleman, so voicing your disgust to him isn't going to do anything, unfortunately. Hopefully they find a solution soon but it does not look like a priority at the moment.

I am not trying to bash Brigby, but I should be able to voice my displeasure to him. He is the middleman, whether he chooses to communicate it to the devs is up to him. But how else should I voice my displeasure? I already submitted a CS ticket when it first happened, and they basically told me to shut up.

I understand what the VIP was originally supposed to be. I didn't purchase it until the intercepts were introduced. So in reality, I only bought it for the intercepts, and the regular VIP rewards were nice but not a selling point (otherwise I would have bought it earlier)

and technically, if I feel even a cent went to waste, isn't that by definition a waste of money? I admitted it's not a huge sum, it won't ruin my life that it's missing. I am not screaming that I am owed anything. But as I said before, if you buy something and get less than you expected (and less than currently advertised), you feel like you wasted money. Simple as that. I am at a point where I can continue my level of play without spending any more money, since my roster wouldn't improve drastically unless I spend a lot. I still find the game fun. But I don't trust the developers right now, so I can still play without spending and be no worse off than I was 10 days ago. It's the only way to voice my displeasure other than the forums, but it seems me voicing my displeasure here might have irked you.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Crnch73 wrote:

I appreciate the feedback. Again, I am not demanding any sort of compensation here. However, you can't tell me that I shouldn't be upset either. Yes, VIP comes with the scattered prizes. Outside of 2 Legendary Tokens, I could care less about the VIP rewards, they aren't worth 10 dollars to me. So, I made the purchase thinking I would get all of the VIP rewards AS WELL AS shield intercepts. This was something that had been explicitly mentioned would happen. Now, with whatever is going on at Amazon, I still get the regular VIP rewards but no intercepts. This means that I spent 10 bucks on something, and I am getting less than what I was promised for it.

In reality, I was just bummed out because this is another example of something gone wrong here. If you went to a store that had a 2-for-1 sale going on, and then when you got home, you realized they only gave you 1... sure you got nothing less than what you technically paid for, but you actually got a little screwed over here. Heck, people freak out when a fast food joint gives them the wrong order or forgets the french fries. Though it would be extremely nice to get some sort of "I'm sorry, please let us make it up to you", I know to never expect generosity here. I am 100% allowed to feel like I was sold a false bill of goods from a snake oil salesman. I promise to never spend another cent on this game because I now fear I will never get something I thought I was buying, but will continue to play the same as always.

Bad analogy. A better one is you signed up for a grocery store savings card that gets you in-store benefits. Then they added a benefit where you got points towards your gas purchases at their local gas station. Then the local gas station closed down.

You still get the in-store benefits, but not the extra. It sucks, I feel your pain, but you are beating a dead horse and shooting the messenger.

Not trying to pick on you, but I feel like posts like this are why we hear about new game things outside of the forum first. Here is an apology post and update, and you have replied several times now in a 7 page post with your grievances. Would I fault you for one? No, they need to know when we are upset, and I encourage everyone to do just that. But too often it turns into a pitchfork mob for the wrong reasons full of bandwagons that everyone jumps on.
  • Crnch73
    Spudgutter wrote:
    Bad analogy. A better one is you signed up for a grocery store savings card that gets you in-store benefits. Then they added a benefit where you got points towards your gas purchases at their local gas station. Then the local gas station closed down.

You still get the in-store benefits, but not the extra. It sucks, I feel your pain, but you are beating a dead horse and shooting the messenger.

Not trying to pick on you, but I feel like posts like this are why we hear about new game things outside of the forum first. Here is an apology post and update, and you have replied several times now in a 7 page post with your grievances. Would I fault you for one? No, they need to know when we are upset, and I encourage everyone to do just that. But too often it turns into a pitchfork mob for the wrong reasons full of bandwagons that everyone jumps on.

I mean... ok whatever. Personally, I view my initial one as a "this sucks" complaint, and the rest were responses to people responding to me. In my head, it was just dialogue. If it was viewed as complaining every time, that was not my intention and I apologize. I also wasn't trying to shoot the messenger, I just felt like I needed to talk to the messenger. I just wanted to be heard and everyone's response or explanation was to blow me off, including CS.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    I actually didn't realize they stopped coming until about an hour ago clearing the current pve. I got thinking about it and I haven't seen any intercepts in like the last 3 pve events. I don't have amazon devices but I have mpq installed via amazon and have for like a year, have gotten the intercepts ever since they came out, the suddenly stopped and I guess I just didn't notice. Submitted a ticket...
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did not get any yesterday too when I was doing my grind for oscorp heroic and the 4x clears of the next sub. Could it be that shield intercepts are still working but there are no advertisers to provide ads?
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Pongie wrote:
    Did not get any yesterday too when I was doing my grind for oscorp heroic and the 4x clears of the next sub. Could it be that shield intercepts are still working but there are no advertisers to provide ads?

No, they're suppressed on the Kindle version. I get plenty of intercepts when I play on my iPhone.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Spudgutter wrote:
    Crnch73 wrote:

Better analogy than yours anyway.

You seem to have missed that the extra benefits was already included in the package when he decided to buy VIP. You have every reason to be upset/annoyed if you buy something and suddenly the seller removes one of the things you paid for. Generally companies change the rules after the period you alredy paid for expires. That way you dont have to feel cheated and can make a new informed decision if you want to continue paying for the *whatever*.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crnch73 wrote:
    Spudgutter wrote:

I mean... ok whatever. Personally, I view my initial one as a "this sucks" complaint, and the rest were responses to people responding to me. In my head, it was just dialogue. If it was viewed as complaining every time, that was not my intention and I apologize. I also wasn't trying to shoot the messenger, I just felt like I needed to talk to the messenger. I just wanted to be heard and everyone's response or explanation was to blow me off, including CS.

Probably seems like piling on but... I've seen you post a lot and your posts are usually some variant of "Wow this game sucks, never spending another dime". Yet you still seem to be spending and coming away unsatisfied over and over. Might want to just move on and find another hobby if this one is causing you this much anguish. I'm not at all trying to downplay your complaints, I'm sure in your mind they are 100% valid and are actually causing you enough mental grief that you legitimately want someone involved to address them but I don't think that is going to happen in a way that will work for you. It happens sometimes, I had a game back in the early MMO days that made me feel the same way and the only thing that actually helped was to completely walk away.

If the game is turning into something that actually makes you angry on a day by day basis you are doing yourself more harm than good hammering at it through the forums. Take it from someone who has been there with a different game.

Edit - And if you want to discuss the phenomena feel free to drop me a PM, I'll be happy to give you specifics about my prior situation which seems to be similar to yours. I won't be responding to this since I feel like it has already been derailed enough.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    I only got VIP for the no ads, if i stop getting intercepts i would not get the VIP again, unless it came with an iso boost like 2.5x.

Also, i think it is fine to hear that this cause a negative experience to a player, he made a ticket and needed to vent a bit, brigby received his complaint a little dismissively, but corrected and can possible notify the dev that some players are being affected negatively by this change. commandpoints.png Forum Accomplished commandpoints.png