S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercept Changes *Update (1/16/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

We have made a couple of changes SHIELD Intercepts. Most notably, players will encounter more opportunities to get bonus rewards and elite tokens have been added as rewards.

There is a MOTD that will go up today with the following text:
We've made some changes to S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercepts, which allow you to watch a video after claiming normal mission rewards for a bonus reward. Now, you'll have more opportunities for bonus rewards earlier in your session as you play missions. As before, you can always choose not to watch the video - you'll still receive the normal mission reward.

In addition, we've added the Elite token as a possible reward from S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercepts.
Frequently Asked Questions *New Update*

What does it mean by "session"?
A session is one continuous duration of play where you're playing a bunch of missions.

What do "more opportunities" mean?
This change should allow players to encounter Intercept opportunities earlier in that play session than previously.

What about Steam users?
Steam users unfortunately do not receive Intercepts due to limitations in our partner technology. We plan on discussing soon the exploration of different options to help remedy this disparity.

Why am I not seeing Intercepts on my Amazon device?
Amazon device users unfortunately also do not receive Intercepts *(due to the current ad network not being supported on Amazon devices / for Amazon App store users.) We plan on discussing soon the exploration of different options to help remedy this disparity.

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Unless you play on Steam. We get nothing. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone,

We have made a couple of changes SHIELD Intercepts. Most notably, players will encounter more opportunities to get bonus rewards and elite tokens have been added as rewards.

There is a MOTD that will go up today with the following text:
    We've made some changes to S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercepts, which allow you to watch a video after claiming normal mission rewards for a bonus reward. Now, you'll have more opportunities for bonus rewards earlier in your session as you play missions. As before, you can always choose not to watch the video - you'll still receive the normal mission reward.

In addition, we've added the Elite token as a possible reward from S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercepts.

How will we encounter more opportunities? Will SHIELD Intercept awards appear more often? The maximum is currently 20 per day for PVE events.

I am not a fan of adding Elite Tokens because it feels like a nerf to the already great Heroic token rewards. This is similar to when the 250 Iso was added, I receive a lot less 1000 Iso rewards since it was added. I guess it is better than the standard tokens I receive from the Daily rewards.

Also, any update to the SHIELD Intercept not working for many VIP players? My SHIELD Intercept has not worked since I last renewed my VIP but there has not been any communication on the forums regarding this. Not sure if you were aware, there are several posts in the Bug section, including my own that has not been addressed.

Thanks again Brigby. Hope you're still playing.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2017
    Does this mean that we may actually reach the 20 max per day now? There's a hard limit to the number of PvE matches we can play per day - only ~61 in PvE+5 DDQ, except for new players - so increased odds would be nice.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor

How will we encounter more opportunities? Will SHIELD Intercept awards appear more often? The maximum is currently 20 per day for PVE events.

I am not a fan of adding Elite Tokens because it feels like a nerf to the already great Heroic token rewards. This is similar to when the 250 Iso was added, I receive a lot less 1000 Iso rewards since it was added. I guess it is better than the standard tokens I receive from the Daily rewards.
    This. What exactly does "earlier in your session" mean? It implies a time constraint. icon_neutral.gif What does "more opportunities" mean? Currently we only get them for "story" missions, so does this mean PVP too? Is the maximum per day gonna stay the same? Little irritated that the wording has to be so ambiguous. Like, it cost them nothing to be straightforward about the details. Nice job with announcement of IM40's Recharge by the way! But I digress. I will take my additional rewards and be happy with them. icon_razz.gif Not mad at you of course Brigby, thanks for relaying the info. You've been doing a great job.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Elites: All the fun of drawing 2*s without any of that pesky ultra rare progress into 4* land the devs hate to see players make. If you're going to be even more stingy with the rewards, just please don't try to spin it as a win for players. Player morale isn't exactly high lately.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Well only anecdotal evidence here
    But I've received far far fewer intercepts since the change.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does this new reward dilution require r117?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    DuckyV wrote:
    Unless you play on Steam. We get nothing. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

Yeah, it was great loading up the game and seeing notification of a feature I cannot use.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    DuckyV wrote:

Oh, we get something. We get that same pop-up that says "you'll have more opportunities for bonus rewards" as a slap in the face.

So we get even MORE nothing than before. Which means a BIGGER difference between progression on platforms. FANTASTIC.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:

Oh, we get something. We get that same pop-up that says "you'll have more opportunities for bonus rewards" as a slap in the face.

So we get even MORE nothing than before. Which means a BIGGER difference between progression on platforms. FANTASTIC.
    m3hBpVL.gif
  • When will you be adding S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercepts to the Steam platform? This isn't fair for PC users.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Basically it means that there is now a higher percent chance you'll see another SHIELD Intercept right after the first encounter in your session, as opposed to potentially 2 or 3 games later, for example.
    Currently we only get them for "story" missions, so does this mean PVP too? Is the maximum per day gonna stay the same?
    I have not received news about Intercepts being included in PVP, nor about changing the maximum per day.
    Nice job with announcement of IM40's Recharge by the way! But I digress.
    That was not a stealth change, as some players have alluded towards, but in actuality a bug that is addressed here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56765

Please take a look at that thread for further information. Thanks!
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Cleatus wrote:
    When will you be adding S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercepts to the Steam platform? This isn't fair for PC users.

You're the one being unfair. We do get pop-up notifications that we will be getting more of nothing!
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Like someone already said, this clearly FEELS like just another nerf.

Too many people getting the 1,000 Iso intercept? 250 Iso is added in and becomes the #1 most frequent reward.

Too many people getting the Heroic Token intercept ( with chance of a 4* ) ? Elite Tokens ( with NO chance of a 4* ) are added in.

*sigh
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking forward to 20 ISO making a comeback in a future Intercept update!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for the announcement brigby.

But this info is very ambiguous.

What do "more opportunities" and "earlier in your session" mean? Have you increased the total number of intercepts per match played, or just adjusted the distribution to front load intercepts. Edit: i see brigby's answer to this question, looks like things are just front loaded.

Also, how have elite tokens been added? Does their addition reduce the likelyhood of getting the most desirable rewards (2k iso and 1cp)? That would be bad for us players. Or do the elite tokens just replace some 250iso rewards (which would be good for players)? It also appears that 500iso intercepts have been added to the pool.
  • Realstuff_NameChange
    Realstuff_NameChange Posts: 64 Match Maker
    DuckyV wrote:

Still got the popup with the news though. You'd think they could at least remove that for steam players to avoid adding salt to the wound. icon_e_confused.gif
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Cleatus wrote:
    When will you be adding S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercepts to the Steam platform? This isn't fair for PC users.
    they can't straight up add intercepts to steam.

though there really isn't a good reason that they couldn't add the advertisement free ones as a bonus for VIP users on steam *shrugs*

either way still haven't spent a cent on the game since they were introduced and refused to add them to steam or let me get migrated to a mobile device.

I'll just continue to be bitter and whine about how they are shafting steam users when I get to without doing it to the point where the mods want to ban me icon_razz.gif
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I love the Elite tokens! I'm hype to see more of them! I'm ready to get some of my 3 stars fully champed! Great move!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,734 Chairperson of the Boards
    While the reward distribution is unknown, Heroics are still part of the intercept system. Just got one in my first PVE match since updating.