S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercept Changes *Update (1/16/17)

Comments

• MrCrowley
    MrCrowley Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Complaining about steam users not getting the intercept rewards is not a "negative" comment. It is a demand to get equal treatment.

There simply is no excuse to offer Steam VIP users the intercepts. I can understand why the advertisements wont work on Steam, that is a platform limitation.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Seems there are two issues...

Steam players are understandably frustrated... I cant help that but I can empathise with them.

Regarding players who are getting intercepts, the communication is rather ambiguous and as a result are distrustful of claims by D3 that things are better....

Firstly, the frequency part of the announcement. That suggests that the chances of triggering an intercept is now higher for the first X battles... we have always known that the chance decreases as you trigger them... but the exact nature of that change is not clearly communicated. However, I do agree that this is pretty much a guaranteed upside... higher chance of triggering = more triggers = more prizes...

Secondly, adding Elite Tokens. Again, the communication creates distrust... There is a known pool of prizes that has had Elite tokens added to it. What we don't know is the relative chances of each prize being won... but depending on these changes, one of two scenarios are in effect.

1) if the odds are evenly split then adding Elite tokens
    This is a nerf to the prizes... as an elite token is certainly lower in value than Heroic Tokens and the 2 big ISO prizes. All 3 of which are now more infrequent. Whether an elite token is better than 1cp or 10hp is difficult to say, but it is slightly better than 250iso... but we now get less ISO and less Heroic Tokens...
    2) Odds are stacked based on prize value
    Whether this is a nerf will depend on the % splits, where the elite token falls in terms of perceived value and whether the % chance of the higher value rewards have been affected... but is it so unrealistic for people to assume that they have been? certainly that is my assumption.

The fact that the reward % chances have not been published certainly creates then impression of secrecy and that implies something to hide...

but it is possible I am being paranoid icon_e_smile.gif
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone,

We have made a couple of changes SHIELD Intercepts. Most notably, players will encounter more opportunities to get bonus rewards and elite tokens have been added as rewards.
    How will we encounter more opportunities? Will SHIELD Intercept awards appear more often? The maximum is currently 20 per day for PVE events.

Playing 40+ matches each day I call myself lucky if I get 2 SHIELD Intercepts. More often I get none. 20 per day sounds like o joke for me.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I don't mind Elite tokens. They seem to have a higher pull rate for 3*s, at least for me, so I'm happy to get more champion levels. Expecting 4* progression from Heroic tokens is silly; sure, the occasional 4* is nice, but the odds of one dropping is so low as to be negligible.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I see Brigby is also carefully swerving around the Steam issue. Oh well, thanks for the middle finger shaped pop up though icon_lol.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    This announcement about more opportunities is good icon_e_biggrin.gif

But it's also a bit of vague-booking icon_lol.gif
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Gmax101 wrote:
    Seems there are two issues...

Steam players are understandably frustrated... I cant help that but I can empathise with them.

Regarding players who are getting intercepts, the communication is rather ambiguous and as a result are distrustful of claims by D3 that things are better....

Firstly, the frequency part of the announcement. That suggests that the chances of triggering an intercept is now higher for the first X battles... we have always known that the chance decreases as you trigger them... but the exact nature of that change is not clearly communicated. However, I do agree that this is pretty much a guaranteed upside... higher chance of triggering = more triggers = more prizes...

Secondly, adding Elite Tokens. Again, the communication creates distrust... There is a known pool of prizes that has had Elite tokens added to it. What we don't know is the relative chances of each prize being won... but depending on these changes, one of two scenarios are in effect.

1) if the odds are evenly split then adding Elite tokens
    This is a nerf to the prizes... as an elite token is certainly lower in value than Heroic Tokens and the 2 big ISO prizes. All 3 of which are now more infrequent. Whether an elite token is better than 1cp or 10hp is difficult to say, but it is slightly better than 250iso... but we now get less ISO and less Heroic Tokens...
    2) Odds are stacked based on prize value
    Whether this is a nerf will depend on the % splits, where the elite token falls in terms of perceived value and whether the % chance of the higher value rewards have been affected... but is it so unrealistic for people to assume that they have been? certainly that is my assumption.

The fact that the reward % chances have not been published certainly creates then impression of secrecy and that implies something to hide...

but it is possible I am being paranoid icon_e_smile.gif

It doesn't imply anything about something to hide. Publishing it on the internet means they can't tweak it without more publishing of updates. They're tweaking a monetization stream to get players to the point where they'll always be willing to click play.... and that includes making sure that the incentive feels juuuust good enough.

Do we know the chances of getting a random boost bonus from a match? Why would you expect the additional advertising/bonus chances and the rewards table from that to be public?
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i've played ddq and a whole clear of iso 8 and seen 1. working as intended?
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    i've played ddq and a whole clear of iso 8 and seen 1. working as intended?
    I also have got noticeably fewer intercepts than I usually get so far this morning, I did the same thing , I think I've had 3, usually I would have at least 7 or 8 by now
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Btw is the SHIELD Intercept Changes this?
    We are busy working on a few features in 2017, including one that should be coming very soon that will improve the overall player experience and hopefully makes everyone very happy.

Or that is in reference to something else?

https://news.marvel.com/games/57497/pie ... in-marvel/
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Copps wrote:
    Well only anecdotal evidence here
    But I've received far far fewer intercepts since the change.

Just came on here to check and see if that was the case for anyone else. It kind of feels like I haven't gotten even one since the "improvement." I've only been playing on my Kindle though, might try playing on my phone to see if it's any different.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    Copps wrote:

Just came on here to check and see if that was the case for anyone else. It kind of feels like I haven't gotten even one since the "improvement." I've only been playing on my Kindle though, might try playing on my phone to see if it's any different.

Swapped from the Amazon AppStore version to the Google Play version and immediately started getting intercepts, I didn't get any on my sweep through PvE to pick up the CP...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    Copps wrote:

Swapped from the Amazon AppStore version to the Google Play version and immediately started getting intercepts, I didn't get any on my sweep through PvE to pick up the CP...

Maybe that's it then. I've never been able to send messages to my alliance using my Kindle (or perhaps more accurately the Amazon AppStore version). It always immediately freezes the game and I have to force quit and relaunch. But I can send messages with no issues on my phone/Google Play version. Kind of a bummer if that's the case, I still prefer playing on my Kindle.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Well I'm on android and haven't gotten any yet today icon_e_sad.gif
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Is it possible to get something equivalent for Steam users please? It doesn't have to be fancy. Keep development costs low, but please allow us the ability to get even half of the iso gains mobile uses.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did a four node clear on the non essentials of the final sub of Iso-8 Brotherhood (I did the essentials last night,) and got eight rewards. Six of them were 500 Iso, two of them 2000. I didn't get any heroic or Elite tokens, but the old percentage on the Heroic tokens was pretty low (about 10% of the time) so a day without any tokens isn't unusual.

My gut says they doubled the Iso rewards - getting one 2000 Iso reward in a day is reasonable, but two is pretty unlikely. There was also no 500 Iso rewards. They may have tweaked the lowest level Iso reward up a bit? My sample size is way to small to even guess, though.

I need to learn what's out there so I can track it properly, but I will track it. What have people gotten? Anyone gotten 4000 Iso? The old system had 250, 1000, 2000 Iso, 10, 25, and 100 HP (100 HP was very rare, under %1,) 1 CP and a Heroic token.

Edit: You know what, never mind on what people have gotten, I'll make that it's own thread as to not dilute this discussion.
  • I've been getting significantly less intercepts since yesterday. In fact, I'm having a hard time remembering if I've even gotten a single one since the change occurred.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I did finally get one and it was 100 hp so I guess it was worth waiting for icon_e_smile.gif
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    So some people get tons of rewards, while others playing even more matches get nothing or nearly nothing. To be precise I play on Android device. GJ D3.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Comments like these, for instance, are they really necessary?

Do not knock what other people have to say, please. Especially not by singling them out.

In return, people will not pick apart your list of "improvements", or post their own list of BUGS and MISTAKES that happened over the last year. lol

Thx.