S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercept Changes *Update (1/16/17)

Comments

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    My noob account plays on an iphone/kindle fire. And the kindle has definitely had intercepts. Albeit very clumped into specific periods where I'd receive just fine for a few days then it would stop for weeks.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    As of this morning, I have stopped receiving intercepts all-together. Worked as expected yesterday and the day before. Today, tons of PVE matches, no intercepts. Not even the guaranteed one after the first post-resupply match.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Any word on this? Are they changes or bugs? Should Amazon App store users still be getting the intercepts? Are they gone for good?

What's the dealio?
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    agreed, I went all of Saturday without getting a single intercept even though I played every PVE node 4 times and played all of DDQ. I played on a Kindle Fire, submitted a ticket when I realized something was amiss
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Should Amazon App store users still be getting the intercepts? Are they gone for good?
    I spoke with the team, and the information I was given was that it's due to the current ad network not being supported on Amazon devices / for Amazon App store users.
  • DrStrange-616
    Brigby wrote:
    Should Amazon App store users still be getting the intercepts? Are they gone for good?
    I spoke with the team, and the information I was given was that it's due to the current ad network not being supported on Amazon devices / for Amazon App store users.

So you changed ad networks over the holidays? Because they used to work.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:

Or it's possible that Amazon disallowed that specific ad network over the holidays.
  • DrStrange-616
    Brigby wrote:

Or it's possible that Amazon disallowed that specific ad network over the holidays.

Possible.

I guess I just can't help but give the whole thing the side-eye.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess I just can't help but give the whole thing the side-eye.

You mean, like this?

1hdzxv.jpg
  • Magere
    Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
    "Now, you'll have more opportunities for bonus rewards earlier in your session as you play missions."

This "more opportunities" thing, you keep using those words, I do not think it means what you think it means,.....

Since this change, I have seen a total of3 rewards .--- before this fix I saw quite a bit more.....****?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magere wrote:
    "Now, you'll have more opportunities for bonus rewards earlier in your session as you play missions."

This "more opportunities" thing, you keep using those words, I do not think it means what you think it means,.....

Since this change, I have seen a total of3 rewards .--- before this fix I saw quite a bit more.....****?

Oh the name is quite correct, you have more opportunities (we roll the dice more often than before), the problem is that Devs have probably reduced the chances we have every time we roll the dice.

More opportunities doesnt imply more prices, people assume it does, but it doesnt! It would if it was more opportunities with same chances, but I as I said, I don't think we have the same chances as before.
  • Magere
    Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Polares wrote:
    Magere wrote:

Oh the name is quite correct, you have more opportunities (we roll the dice more often than before), the problem is that Devs have probably reduced the chances we have every time we roll the dice.

More opportunities doesnt imply more prices, people assume it does, but it doesnt! It would if it was more opportunities with same chances, but I as I said, I don't think we have the same chances as before.

Yeaaaa......No. I went thru 5 nodes and saw 0 intercepts....I think they messed with the RND gods too much....WAY too much.....Anyone else?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magere wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Magere wrote:

Yeaaaa......No. I went thru 5 nodes and saw 0 intercepts....I think they messed with the RND gods too much....WAY too much.....Anyone else?

RNG is RNG. I've had that happen to me many, many times in the old system, even in the first 5 rewards. Sometimes 5, sometimes 8, sometimes as many as 13. I've had days when I thought they disabled the system because I would get zero for half of a full clear, then I'd get 3 or 4 in a row or separated by one.

This comes out badly when you have a 48 hour sub so you don't get very many clears with rewards (grinding a node past the rewards doesn't yield any Intercepts, I'm pretty sure.) Yesterday I got 5 rewards, total, the least I've ever gotten. I also only did 20 nodes, the least I've ever done, so the two numbers correspond pretty well...

Anyway it happens. If you really want to see a true picture, track everything - it will generally average out in the long run. Right now I'm seeing similar numbers to before 1/5, maybe slightly higher drop rate. However, because of the events that were run, I haven't done more than 45 total nodes with rewards. That's pretty low - if they increased the number of rewards you get before the chance drops then it would not be reflected in those numbers.
  • JFisch
    Chronicler wrote:
    As of this morning, I have stopped receiving intercepts all-together. Worked as expected yesterday and the day before. Today, tons of PVE matches, no intercepts. Not even the guaranteed one after the first post-resupply match.

Quoting myself to update:

My Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (bolded to emphasize non-Amazon device) does not display Shield Intercepts at any point. Not even the first story match post re-supply. Nothing. Has not since the update.

My LG Optimus (bolded again to emphasize non-Amazon device) does display Shield Intercepts properly.

Could the update perhaps not be related to Amazon/non-Amazon, but an issue specific to older versions of Android versus newer ones?
  • DrStrange-616
    Chronicler wrote:
    Chronicler wrote:

Quoting myself to update:

My Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (bolded to emphasize non-Amazon device) does not display Shield Intercepts at any point. Not even the first story match post re-supply. Nothing. Has not since the update.

My LG Optimus (bolded again to emphasize non-Amazon device) does display Shield Intercepts properly.

Could the update perhaps not be related to Amazon/non-Amazon, but an issue specific to older versions of Android versus newer ones?

Was the game downloaded from the Amazon App store for either? Both?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the last few days, I'm getting more intercepts earlier on in my sessions, so I think a change just went through to implement this.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    havn't gotten an intercept in 1.5 - 2 days.

'working as intended' though, right?
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler

Why am I not seeing Intercepts on my Amazon device?
    Much like Steam, Amazon device users unfortunately also do not receive Intercepts. We plan on discussing soon the exploration of different options to help remedy this disparity.

I play exclusively on an Amazon Fire and have only had MPQ downloaded via the Amazon App Store. Since intercepts were first introduced, up until R117 was installed, I've received the intercepts the same as any other mobile user.

If there's something currently going on with Amazon that's stopping the intercepts, say so. But don't try to tell me that I never received them.
  • JFisch

Was the game downloaded from the Amazon App store for either? Both?

Nope, Google Play store in both cases.

I don't have my tablet handy or I'd look up which version of Android is running on it. Since it's a 2, it's a bit out of date.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    My tablet is an Amazon Kindle, so I don't even have the option to use the Google Play store, I have to use the Amazon App store. When it first happened I submitted a ticket, because I used to get intercepts no problem. That is the only real reason I re-upped my VIP was to get the intercepts rewards without watching ads. So, they basically took my $10 and all I got were the lousy pittance rewards. I feel like every Steam user ever...